Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Thinkin bout getting super into patlabor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

KomradeX posted:

Delicious in Dungeon has been very good.

Also.it maybe a minority opinion but I don't think Cowboy Bebop has a single bad episode

I doubt anyone sincerely thinks bebop has any bad episodes

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

KomradeX posted:

Delicious in Dungeon has been very good.

Also.it maybe a minority opinion but I don't think Cowboy Bebop has a single bad episode

i wasn't a fan of the one with the scary fat clown guy because he was really creepy and gave younger kitfox a nightmare after that night of adult swim

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Popy posted:

you should do this

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

sb hermit posted:

I've meet people who absolutely hate the space shuttle episode and think its the worst thing ever

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

acab includes patlabor

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Popy posted:

Extremely good idea

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

acab includes patlabor

fiction is where the unreal and impossible can occur

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Kitfox88 posted:

fiction is where the unreal and impossible can occur

it's called copaganda

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

sb hermit posted:

One time I was in my college computer lab working on an assignment and some dork came in and loudly asked another guy if he'd seen any good new animes lately, but explicitly said NOT Cowboy Bebop because it was "trash". He called it "trash" at least 2 or 3 times.

I didn't stay to hear the rest of that conversation. This was around 2014.

KomradeX posted:

I've meet people who absolutely hate the space shuttle episode and think its the worst thing ever

It still wilds me out that the space shuttle in that episode is the same one that blew up over my house in 2003 and got me a day off from school the following week because crews had to search the campus for debris.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I rewatched Patlabor 2 a few months ago and had forgotten just how mesmerizing it is.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Popy posted:

You won't regret this OP

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I rewatched Patlabor 2 a few months ago and had forgotten just how mesmerizing it is.

the shot with the military going in town and people just watching tvs, kino

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

KomradeX posted:

It's definitely an episode I'm not excited to rewatch someday.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I always thought of the end of the space shuttle episode, where there's this crazy space rescue but then they realize they might all die anyway so Spike just starts smoking a cigarette and relaxes because there's nothing he can do about it anymore, is a great example of the kind of effortless cool that defined the series.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Honest Thief posted:

the shot with the military going in town and people just watching tvs, kino

It's a movie that rewards people who pay close attention. If you blink you'll miss something plot critical, but Oshii's direction also flows seamlessly in a dreamlike state so it's easy to get lost in the world of the movie.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's a movie that rewards people who pay close attention. If you blink you'll miss something plot critical, but Oshii's direction also flows seamlessly in a dreamlike state so it's easy to get lost in the world of the movie.

i know people who hate it because it's so unlike the patlabor franchise but come on, get over that ankle high hump

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

bewildered by Netflix’s one piece licensing deal or whatever that has resulted in them getting episodes 1 - 516 and then 1089 - onward

anyhow I’m on 992 and I remain convinced post time skip that Franky’s redesign is super ugly

oh and I guess drawing the Onigashima fortress interior like it was dark and a party was happening was too expensive? because they stopped after a few episodes of that

or maybe it’s because Queen is done singing they brought the lights back up??

wolfs has issued a correction as of 16:44 on May 5, 2024

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

wolfs posted:

bewildered by Netflix’s one piece licensing deal or whatever that has resulted in them getting episodes 1 - 516 and then 1089 - onward

don't make me tap the sign

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvhv7bgmz64

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Hello, here is an anime manga adaptation of the current Kendrick / Drake beef. If you are unfamiliar, then just trust retelling as basically accurate and tone appropriate.

https://twitter.com/sirdimpleton/status/1787105860264636591?t=4KdFU9uBToNij4emmciTkw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

KirbyKhan posted:

Hello, here is an anime manga adaptation of the current Kendrick / Drake beef. If you are unfamiliar, then just trust retelling as basically accurate and tone appropriate.

https://twitter.com/sirdimpleton/status/1787105860264636591?t=4KdFU9uBToNij4emmciTkw&s=19

now this I can understand