Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

I don't think it's for digging to the side, just a bit more stability when swinging to the side to dump or whatever. those types narrow down to like 36" to squeeze through personnel gates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

A while ago I noticed this monster at the boat ramp; presumably parking is cheaper than a slip:

While obviously I want one, there’s no way I can afford to even ask what they cost. That did inspire me to visit the boat show this weekend to see what’s on offer.

I talked with the local Tohatsu dealer and they had a 60 horse sitting on the showroom floor for over a year; that engine would be perfect for our River Runner. They said they’d email me a quote at the ‘get it off our floor’ price.

Well, yesterday I didn’t get an email so today after work I stopped by. I learned 2 things: 1) something was fucky with one of our email accounts and they sent a quote but it didn’t come through, 2) somebody walked in this morning and paid cash for that Tohatsu. Of all freaking days.

The good news is they’re going to honor that price and I’m ordering an outboard! Hooray!

To make some room, tonight I stripped all the controls and remaining Evinrude parts off the boat. A friend of a friend is coming over Friday to pick it up; “$100 for the jet unit if you take the outboard” turns out to be the perfect deal for someone with a good engine but no outboard. That whole outboard has less than 300 hours; probably less than 25 on the jet pump.

What’s that, you’re asking? Something about a mini excavator? I haven’t touched it. Haven’t even started it. I really need to get checked for ADHD.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I had to know so I did a little looking. Yes, those wheels are driven making the boat amphibious. They're also made and sold in New Zealand. Those things are cool as poo poo.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Sealegs are neat. They both build their own boats and work with other manufacturers to integrate their tech. They're well built, loaded with features (like, even have ABS and "diff lock") and can have remarkable range, like up to an hour land drive time.

But no, they're not cheap. Looking locally, NZ$70k for a 6.1m RIB on the used market, up to nearly half a million for something like the StabiX pictured above.