Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Yakamein AKA cajun ramen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm going to make my German skillet again. The potatoes are getting near the end of their life so I want to use them up. One was wrinkly and a little soft so I tossed it but the others look fine.

I'm not going to go crazy with the smoked paprika this time. I'm going to try some different spices like thyme and I think I forgot cumin last time which is one of my favorite spices.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

About to get started on a garlic honey pork tenderloin with a side of mashed taters and some corn, on the friggin cob

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Mordja posted:

Yakamein AKA cajun ramen

Also I don't know what that is, but I want it

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Mordja posted:

Yakamein AKA cajun ramen

My brain really wants those words to rhyme

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

No pic of the actual thing, sorry. Got tots instead of chips. No tomato.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

roasted purple yams + chorizo + squeezey queso

black beans + diced tomatoes + queso fresco

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

It's not easy being 40C000
Parallaxing to the Xtreme
I'm house sitting at my parents place and I bought some pre-grilled veggies, fresh corn on the cob, and Impossible brats at the grocery store.

I intended to grill the vegan brat and corn on the grill, but there was no propane in the tank and I wasn't going to make a special trip for one dinner. So I heated everything up inside (set the smoke alarm off) and then ate in the gorgeous 64° weather. Felt like the perfect summer evening.

Then I went for a long walk in the neighborhood I grew up in.

(I recommend the Impossible Italian sausage brats.)

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Meal prep tonight was an experiment. I recently watched a video from Middle Eats for a Turkish kebab recipe and what shortly followed was another YouTube video about sausage rolls. That combination lived rent free in my head for about a week when my farm share delivered me a pound of ground lamb. So I gave it a shot, mixed it with some ground up onion, garlic, parsley, plenty of paprika, then I wrapped it in puff pastry, slapped on an egg wash and topped with za'atar before throwing it into an oven pre-heated to 400 F for 20-25 minutes.

The end result was surprisingly pretty good.

MadFriarAvelyn fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 13, 2024

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

Meal prep tonight was an experiment. I recently watched a video from Middle Eats for a Turkish kebab recipe and what shortly followed was another YouTube video about sausage rolls. That combination lived rent free in my head for about a week when my farm share delivered me a pound of ground lamb. So I gave it a shot, mixed it with some ground up onion, garlic, plenty of paprika, then I wrapped it in puff pastry, slapped on an egg wash and topped with za'atar before throwing it into an oven pre-heated to 400 F for 20-25 minutes.

Okay, now this is content. An idea I will shamelessly steal and use myself.

Also nice to see another fan of Obi from middle eats!

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

Meal prep tonight was an experiment. I recently watched a video from Middle Eats for a Turkish kebab recipe and what shortly followed was another YouTube video about sausage rolls. That combination lived rent free in my head for about a week when my farm share delivered me a pound of ground lamb. So I gave it a shot, mixed it with some ground up onion, garlic, parsley, plenty of paprika, then I wrapped it in puff pastry, slapped on an egg wash and topped with za'atar before throwing it into an oven pre-heated to 400 F for 20-25 minutes.

drat

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Grilled up some Bistro Tenderloins, cheesy mashed taters, glazed carrots and a couple apple tarts for desert

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

That looks freakin' amazing.

I finally made the German skillet after the potatoes and spices were sitting on my counter for a few days. Garbage day is tomorrow so I ended up throwing some stuff in there that I was just going to throw out. Carrots and an apple were the weird ones. Turns out this is the best one I ever made! The sweetness from the carrots and apples really worked out. I overcooked the biscuits a bit because I never get them.

It doesn't look great but it's fantastic.

edit: OMFG I FORGOT THE GOD DAMNED SAUERKRAUT!!!!!!

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 03:14 on May 13, 2024

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Ate some more of the detroit style pizza I made yesterday, still good. Pepperoni, bacon, onion, jalapeno, feta, romano, parmesan and mozzarella.

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
Scars are tattoos with better stories.
Tonight the Lady made some of her now famous, chayote squash soup topped with roasted broccoli and some toast soldiers.

Then, I decided to test out this pudding recipe, only I used banana pudding with a bit of vanilla/bourbon extract. I then added freshly processed peanut butter, and some (accidentally) salted butter cookie squares.

Ain't nobody ever said, "hell no I don't want no parfait".

Quadramind
Dec 8, 2011

Just winging it in the kitchen this evening. Sausage, cabbage, spinach, egg, garlic, chilli, etc.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

covidstomper58 posted:

Ate some more of the detroit style pizza I made yesterday, still good. Pepperoni, bacon, onion, jalapeno, feta, romano, parmesan and mozzarella.

too many different toppings, in the future please limit yourself to no more than five (5).

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

bird with big dick posted:

too many different toppings, in the future please limit yourself to no more than five (5).

Who's the mestre here?

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Leftover pork tenderloin from the other day, cubed up, mixed with broccoli and grated carrot, turned into a quiche. Lots of garlic and shallot as well. Oh, and topped with feta before going in the oven.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It's gonna be 3rd and final night of German skillet.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

For some reason I made a In n Out dog and a Chikafila dog.

That reason is marijuana

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Frittata with chicken, ham, chard, and cheddar

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Anchovy paste is such amazing poo poo, you should be throwing a bit of it in nearly anything. Not just seafood, anything savory. It's totally masked by the end result but adds an appreciable extra level.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I made some cream cheese and roasted red pepper dip a little too thin so added it to pasta instead with Italian sausage

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Anchovy paste is such amazing poo poo, you should be throwing a bit of it in nearly anything. Not just seafood, anything savory. It's totally masked by the end result but adds an appreciable extra level.

I do that, but a splash of fish sauce instead. Definitely a "can't tell it's there, but can tell when it's not" thing

Quadramind
Dec 8, 2011

It adds a little ooh, mommy

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
That's also marmite's job.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Lightly toasted the brioche bun, put some chili cheese in there and melted that, then put sausage + dijon mustard (thanks, Obama) + onions on top of that, along with some oven fries and a quick homemade dipping sauce (mayo/ketchup/sriracha/pickle juice/garlic powder/smoked paprika)

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

angel hair w lemon butter sauce w pancetta and parm

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

angel hair w lemon butter sauce w pancetta and parm

Have you tried spaghetti squash as a pasta? I think that exact meal would benefit from it's addition.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

i have; i like it, but i do wind up preferring pasta most of the time. fantastic with a lot of vinegar tho

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.
I'm steaming the last pound or so of my corned beef slab and probably going to toss in some baby potatoes and peas. Debating on adding some kraut, but I don't want to hafta crack open a new jar.

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
Last night the Lady finished off her chayote soup and I was left to fend for myself.

So I took some leftover chilé rice, a can of jalapeno beans, diced jalapenos, a diced tomato, and a drizzle of that liquid mozz.

Needed cilantro but I couldn't be arsed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
Tonight I made a spicy arabiata sauce (from a jar) that I mixed with the remains of a bottle of ghost pepper mustard. Tossed it in some sauteed onions, carrots, and zucchini, and then hit it with a good amount of MSG.

Then for the potatoes I took some of that liquid mozzarella, almond milk, and garlic parmesan powder. I've learned you can make creamy mashed potatoes without butter, so long as you add just enough liquid.

Drizzled a little bit more that mozzarella on top of the whole thing, and a little bit of fried onions.

It's so drat spicy, but it's also soo drat good.