Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/05/03/walk-the-path-to-glory-and-forge-epic-armies-in-newaos/

Are you prepared to Walk the Path to Glory?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Whats path to glory? Is this the crusade mode for AoS?

Also finally the full reveal of the box is 18th may so that will define alot of if ill pick it up or not

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Those skill trees are super cool. The hint that every Battle Tome will get its own hero creator for Path to Glory is fantastic. This rules.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I'm so glad they're expanding on the Anvil instead of banishing it. It's interesting that, compared to narrative quest mechanics like 40k's Crusade and 3rd ed's Paths, they seem to be focusing on customizing and growing your units instead.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Al-Saqr posted:

Whats path to glory? Is this the crusade mode for AoS?

Also finally the full reveal of the box is 18th may so that will define alot of if ill pick it up or not

Path to Glory is the Crisade equivalent, yeah. Last edition it was mostly about getting territories that gave you bonuses and trying to do quests to earn bonuses. The territory focus was a bit awkward and involved a lot of random rolls combined with bookkeeping.

The new angle is you will get to customize your units as they take part in battles, giving them new abilities based on which customization path they’re on. Anvil of Apotheosis will be in the battletomes, and it lets you create entirely new custom heroes to lead your forces.

Overall I’m a huge fan of this as it will make it easier to do stories that don’t revolve around land seizing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
That's the main rub about Crusade and Path to Glory narratives, I find. The faction mechanics are cool, but also pigeonhole things a little. It also kinda feels weirdly disconnected sometimes? In 40k a GSC, Tyranid, and Tau player can all be fighting to control planets, but they're all different planets and none of them are the place where armies are actually battling.

More neutral stuff like the WAAAAAGH! points rule, though. I hope Games Workshop gives AoS players orky ructions.