Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ortho
Jul 6, 2021

This is just a question, I have no plans for it.

Cob construction. Everything I've read says to keep it warm when building and dry after it's done. Does this suggest it can't be build in cold weather or it won't sustain wet weather? Can it be sealed in any way against water -- paint or something else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.

:siren:thunderdome winner:siren:

From what I understand (having done nothing but watch shows about people using the material) it can't be worked with in freezing temps or overly wet weather. It'll either not cure correctly in the case of freezing or just, like, melt in the case of wet weather. But it can be painted, and once dried it apparently does absolutely fine in wet weather.