Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It’s probably actually from a Commander precon lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Finally, counterplay to the Kelsien The Plague meta

Cleretic posted:

The thing is that all of Farewell's (or all the rest of this black equivalent's) effects are equalizing enough to have plausible collateral; sure, only one person at the table might be using artifacts heavily enough for exiling them all to matter, but it's still gonna hurt everyone somehow. A board wipe hurts me, but it hurts everyone else. But a counter wipe actually feels way more targeted, because I rarely see more than one player at a table using them.

This kinda just spurs me into making my Mirri deck, though, make sure I have something that can throw down that isn't counters. At least if you wanna board wipe Mirri, you board wipe everyone else including yourself.

It doesn't do anything against +1/+1 counters. "Each opponent loses all counters" means "Remove all counters that are on each opponent", not "Remove all counters that are on each opponent and each permanent they control".

vv oh yeah

MrL_JaKiri fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Apr 29, 2024

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
One of the modes is "destroy all battles"

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Aphrodite posted:

It’s probably actually from a Commander precon lol

That's honestly what I'm thinking. The photo was taken perfectly to hide the set code and symbol, came out at the same time as the commander leaks and the guy that leaked it has already trolled the community by "accidently" implying that Kappa Cannoneer is part of the main set.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
https://www.reddit.com/r/MTGRumors/s/ceDfPlMoMU

The main leaker said they're not leaking anything anymore, sounds like the Pinkertons paid a visit. Digging through the comments so you don't have to, they imply there's a lot of product floating around that's obviously shouldn't be. Whether or not there are more leaks depends how dumb people are.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

https://twitter.com/spacebeleren/status/1785057157492412899

goons I need your silliest deck ideas

generatrix
Aug 8, 2008

Nothing hurts like a scrape

Fajita Queen posted:

goons I need your silliest deck ideas

Pick one of the team-up pairs from MOM, but use the two original legends (and don’t run the team-up card).

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Sheoldred the Apocalypse and Seizan, Perverter of Truth

Kykar, Wind's Fury and Birgi or Urabrask

Amalia and Heliod, Sun-Crowned

Nekusar and Queza

Karn, Legacy Reforged and The Peregrine Dynamo

Silhouette fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Apr 30, 2024

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Ral and Tomik seem like a no-brainer. Nissa and Chandra (their flip versions).

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

generatrix posted:

Pick one of the team-up pairs from MOM, but use the two original legends (and don’t run the team-up card).

No no no. You should choose two of the team-up pairs from MOM, so you actually get FOUR commanders. :getin:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

AlternateNu posted:

No no no. You should choose two of the team-up pairs from MOM, so you actually get FOUR commanders. :getin:

https://twitter.com/travelerkitty/status/1785067209225642329

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Tatsunari, Toad Rider and The Gitrog, Ravenous Ride.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Orvar the All-Form and Sakashima of a Thousand Faces, the most self-absorbed orgy in a house of mirrors, taking Me Myself and I to a whole nother level

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Apr 30, 2024

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Orvar and Ivy, Spelltheif are terrifying together

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Dear god, the amount of tokens you'll need for that

Comedy option: Tatyova, Benthic Druid and Aesi, Tyrant of Gyre Strait

Bullshit option: Tatyova and Chulane

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Drizzt and Wulfgar, bring that slash fiction to life.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oh wow I didn't see the Guns n Roses SL

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is there any pairing that would be a win combo on their own?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/1cgv80f/mh3_ugins_labyrinth_via_wotc/

Kind of neat

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Aphrodite posted:

Is there any pairing that would be a win combo on their own?

Shalai and Hallar with Ob Nixilis, Captive Kingpin

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/announcements/the-modern-horizons-3-leaks-nulldrifters-and-you

E:

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/1ch3ivp/more_mh3_commander_leaks_from_facebook/

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/1ch2rzr/eldrazi_commander_deck_mh3_spoilers_and_reprints/

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 02:39 on May 1, 2024

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
You know, the Yuma precon might have turned out bad moneywise, but it is very fun to play.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
Lmao. The first thing I thought of was K'rrik + Tergrid

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Is there such a thing as protection from sacrifice? Like if someone Sheoldred Edicts me, forcing me to sacrifice a non token creature, is there some mechanic where it could be selected for sacrifice, and then instead, isn't sacrificed.

I guess something like "If Reluctant Sacrificial Lamb would be sacrificed, instead it is not sacrificed." might work?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

W.T. Fits posted:

Shalai and Hallar with Ob Nixilis, Captive Kingpin

you can also Shalai and Hallar with Heliod, Sun-Crowned, though that gets you one fewer color

there are actually surprisingly few decent "1" card combos of two legendary creatures, feels like you'd often be better off using it to color fix (i.e. Tivit gets Dockside) and do some combination of providing an advantage in an area your commander is weak in (i.e. acceleration to go with strong CA, or vice versa), doubling down on your gimmick/provide a backup plan/resilience (i.e. 2x Magda, Magda + Vihaan, etc.)

LGD fucked around with this message at 21:04 on May 2, 2024

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Khanstant posted:

Is there such a thing as protection from sacrifice? Like if someone Sheoldred Edicts me, forcing me to sacrifice a non token creature, is there some mechanic where it could be selected for sacrifice, and then instead, isn't sacrificed.

I guess something like "If Reluctant Sacrificial Lamb would be sacrificed, instead it is not sacrificed." might work?

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Khanstant posted:

There are 3 cards that do this: https://scryfall.com/search?q=O%3Acan%27t+o%3Asacrifice+o%3Acause+o%3Aopponents&unique=cards&as=grid&order=name

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Khanstant posted:

Theres a couple cards in green white that just don't let things get sacrificed, Yasharn, Implacable Earth, and Sigarda, Host of Herons

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Yasharn does not do what all thosw other cards do and won't protect you from opponents effects.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Is there an enchantment that heals you when your opponents take damage? Looking for something to heal me in a Jon Irenicus deck

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Is there an enchantment that heals you when your opponents take damage? Looking for something to heal me in a Jon Irenicus deck

Exquisite Blood.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Aphrodite posted:

Exquisite Blood.

If you play this and your opponents don't call a truce amongst themselves, they hosed up. It's an immediate archenemy situation.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Thanks, that's a much cleaner and fair way to do it. The creature I made would be an absurd infinite combo piece which wasn't my intention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Aphrodite posted:

Exquisite Blood.

Thats it, thank you