Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Make sense, this will be the war season followed by the post [check title name] dragon-snack political resolution part with Eye of the gods fight final.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
About that war…

quote:

With a portion of the plot originally intended for Season 2, including a major battle, moving to Season 3, I hear it is now more likely that the series would run for four seasons, but that has not been determined as Condal and Martin continue to go back-and-forth on the number of seasons (three or four) that would be optimal to tell the full story, sources said.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Yeah they probably gonna center on the queen that could have been's death and Aegon's burn out as the season 2's episode 9. Then transition to post "Queen Rhaenerys now control King's Landing" for season 3. WIth the insurgency and the dragon pit events as the main plate followed sunfyre snacking time as episode 9 and the final dragon fight as 10. I am sure they can do that easily for season 2, i am just not sure there is enough material for 3(unless they expand young Viserys and his brother Aegon screen time). I would be okay with a shorter season 3 or a season 2 who drops the GoT episode 9 tradition and the war ending in season 3 first episodes for a better storytelling but HBO gonna HBO *dragon violently erupts from ground killing peasants.*
To be honest i was impressed by them not rushing the first season so yeah 4 seasons sounds possible.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Mar 29, 2023

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/westerosies/status/1646219256357429250

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Also Dunk & Egg

https://twitter.com/westerosies/status/1646205296279257089

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It would be kind of funny if Dunk and Egg had the same problem happen if they adapt the existing stuff well but due to being half finished the series just tanks in quality.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'd watch a Sea Snake prequel. I don't think House of the Dragon has fleshed that character out very well, but everything I've read in other material about him makes him seem like he'd be a very good protagonist. Swashbuckling adventurer fits right into game of thrones world.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Sea Snake could honestly be really good because so little of it would take place in Westeros, so they could let go of all the baggage the series has picked up over the past decade. I'm sure they're too scared to break from the modern prestige TV format, but it would ideally follow a semi-episodic format like Kung Fu, Hercules, etc.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I feel like Kit Harrington is the only person who has more than a passing interest in a sequel about John Snuh. Even if it has a lot more Tormund

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 12 days!)

there's nothing saying a jon snow series couldn't be good, but he was always just an RPG protagonist.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Nail Rat posted:

I feel like Kit Harrington is the only person who has more than a passing interest in a sequel about John Snuh. Even if it has a lot more Tormund

Agreed.

However, if they came back with a pitch for a show about Tormund I'd at least listen.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I just need to know a lot more about what the Jon Snow show is going to be about. Are the others immediately coming back? Westeros expansion into wildling lands? It's strange anyone went with Jon Snow into exile since he'd given the wildlings good land up north. There were never really any politics with the wildlings. I just have no clue what kind of show you could make from the starting point they're at.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd love it if the Jon Snow series is about the Wildlings expanding in the north and discovering something weird up there. It's always been implied the lands of always winter have some mysteries hidden up there but no one could look into it because they'll get got by the Others.

Honestly, the stuff i want to see the most after Aemon getting skullfucked by Dark Sister is Cole trying to force the queens forces into an duel and them just peppering him with arrows. Something I do love about Martin is he's not afraid to kill of characters in historically accurate undignified and heroic ways.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

twistedmentat posted:

I'd love it if the Jon Snow series is about the Wildlings expanding in the north and discovering something weird up there. It's always been implied the lands of always winter have some mysteries hidden up there but no one could look into it because they'll get got by the Others.
Yeah, the books hint at all sorts of weird poo poo going on in the far north that the show just kind of ignored for more ice zombies.

Sea Snake could be cool, and the Dunk and Egg stories have always seemed like an obvious spinoff, although you have the "catching up with the books" problem there. Also each story is a standalone novella, so I don't know if they'd add a bunch of connecting material or do several miniseries.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Only semi-related, but looking at the hedge knight tweet above, where it says “…in development at Max”

Is HBO Max dropping “HBO” entirely from the name a really bizarre decision?

I mean, when I hear HBO I think of numerous series they’ve done. When I hear Max I think of… Cinemax, I guess.

Is it totally stupid and bizarre, or is it just me?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Yeah sometime next month HBO Max and Discovery+ will combine and be called Max

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yeah when you have a brand that's globally renowned for essentially inventing prestige TV as we know it today the sensible thing to do is drop that brand name and replace it with a random buzzword.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

stev posted:

Yeah when you have a brand that's globally renowned for essentially inventing prestige TV as we know it today the sensible thing to do is drop that brand name and replace it with a random buzzword.

And cramming all your prestige poo poo into the same package as 8 "My 600 Lb. Life" spinoffs and 40,000 episodes of HGTV house flipping shows.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

And going with Cinemax branding out of all the possible options

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

And people say capitalism isn’t good for art.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7229083160280124718

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

Xiahou Dun posted:

And people say capitalism isn’t good for art.

Opinion from some ways back. Fight me.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Well, one strike later and guess who is back?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ8H5gqGA34
SUMMER 2024.
Features:
_Obvious blood and cheese
_Helena in mourning clothes riding a Dragon
_more dragons
_WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lmao really. He hasn't finished this one yet either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Toplowtech posted:

_Obvious blood and cheese
_Helena in mourning clothes riding a Dragon
_more dragons
_WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR.

They'll need to start developing the Dragonseeds too imo.

They are going to do 4 seasons.
https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/george-rr-martin-praises-house-of-the-dragon-season-2-preps-more-seasons-1235825061/

deoju fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Dec 7, 2023