Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this a good movie?
Yes.
No.
View Results

Zerbra23
Aug 1, 2016
Don't see a thread on this and it would be nice to at least try to make some posts so...

Waking Life

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk2DeTet98o

Brief Summery

Waking Lakes the viewer on a journey through the world of dreams. Featuring rotoscoped characters and a number of famous people to mundane people discussing deep conversations, it's an adult animated movie directed by Richard Linklater. Those may know that man from his more well-known movie A Scanner Darkly. Honestly the rotoscoped animation is this movie is some of the best I've seen, and I enjoy either going back to it or watch such clips from the movie like the bar scene or the burning man scene. On RottenTomatoes it has an 80% critic score and an 87% audience score at the time of writing.

So, has anyone actually watched this movie recently or seen it in the past? What's your favourite scene from it. (Btw checked the search and there wasn't any active threads from what I could tell, but the search is sort of broken tbh).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
It's a great movie OP, one of Linklater's best. Definitely changed how I thought about movies when I was like 14.

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields
When I was 19 I used to fire up the bong with my university flatmate and stick it on, it was great for starting discussions/arguments about the ideas, although I haven't seen it for over a decade.

Probably my favourite Alex Jones performance, before I knew him as the gay frogs/sandy hook conspiracy guy.

edit: gently caress it, here's Alex Jones in Waking Life:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVz8-W6EWOI

Diorama fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jun 15, 2022

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
classic. i watch it about once a year or so.

when it came out, an ex of mine was always calling me and telling me i had to watch it.... she was right... at the time i was also big into philip k dick, i was dating a girl with the same name as the girl in flow my tears the polilceman said, etc etc... i mean either i'm big crazy or the universe is big weird, and prolly both. just a truly immense number of things came together right around this film and it literally changed my life