Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft

Everybody, drop what you're doing RIGHT NOW.

I just got a $50 bonus at work! We're going to Luby's for dinner!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

Yeah, I know what happens, but I don't care. Let Timmy get two orders of Mac & Cheese and a bowl of potatoes. We can just give him some ex-lax tomorrow morning with breakfast.

cruft

Thinkin' I might get me some of that pie and an order of Broccoli.

You want fish and chicken fried steak? WHY NOT! LET'S GET CRAZY!

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER
i remember once my grandparents took me to lubys and then to look at christmas lights and i threw up all over the backseat lol

thanks Manifisto!

Twenty Four

I think the last one around here closed very many years ago, and was in a retirement area, which goes perfectly with what minecraft holmes said, hah. I think "I probably went to one once when I was a kid but I'm not positive" is about the best story I have but it's all I've got!

Looks like they are all in Texas now, where I don't live or am even very close to, from a quick search on google maps. It's like a cafeteria diner place if anyone was wondering, I didn't even know they still existed and might never have thought of them again other than for this thread, so thanks, that's fun! If it was feasible, I'd go!

cruft

Twenty Four posted:

I think the last one around here closed very many years ago, and was in a retirement area, which goes perfectly with what minecraft holmes said, hah. I think "I probably went to one once when I was a kid but I'm not positive" is about the best story I have but it's all I've got!

Looks like they are all in Texas now, where I don't live or am even very close to, from a quick search on google maps. It's like a cafeteria diner place if anyone was wondering, I didn't even know they still existed and might never have thought of them again other than for this thread, so thanks, that's fun! If it was feasible, I'd go!

Where I grew up, they were called "Furr's". I really liked the macaroni and cheese; everything else was solidly meh.

I feel like Furr's was also a grocery store? Not sure.

Looks like they closed the last Furr's about a year ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

cruft posted:

Where I grew up, they were called "Furr's". I really liked the macaroni and cheese; everything else was solidly meh.

I feel like Furr's was also a grocery store? Not sure.

Looks like they closed the last Furr's about a year ago.

Oh dang I remember Furr's too! That might have actually been what I was thinking of, but I think I remember both places. I haven't seen one of those since I was a kid either.