Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Champion for June, 2022?
This poll is closed.
:homebrew: Kazuchika Okada (FORMER IWGP World Heavyweight Champion) 1 1.08%
:joel: Switchblade Jay White (IWGP World Heavyweight Champion) 50 53.76%
:krakken: Shoko Nakajima (Princess of Princess Champion) 5 5.38%
:pilot:Josh Alexander (Impact World Champion) 2 2.15%
:skeltal: Thunder Rosa (AEW Women's Champion) 1 1.08%
:radcat: Tasha Steelz (FORMER Impact Knockouts Champion) 0 0%
Jordynne Grace (Impact Knockouts Chapion) 3 3.23%
Kento Miyahara (FORMER Triple Crown Champion) 1 1.08%
:viconia: Jake Lee (Triple Crown Champion) 0 0%
:axe: Baliyan Akki (Super Asia Champion) 1 1.08%
:thurman: Bianca Belair (Smackdown Women's Champion) 1 1.08%
Go Shiozaki (GHC Heavyweight Champion) 0 0%
:unlimited: Satoshi Kojima (GHC Champion) 2 2.15%
Jon Moxley (AEW & GCW Champion) 22 23.66%
:how: (None of the Above) 4 4.30%
Total: 93 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

In May, it was the opposite result to their excellent title match at Double or Nothing, as Hangman Adam Page won where it REALLY mattered: some random internet website's subforum's subforum's monthly championship poll! With 42% of the poll, former AEW World Heavyweight Champion Hangman Adam Page defeated CM Punk, who was making a once-thought impossible return to the monthly poll but couldn't add to an impressive win total second only to last month's winner Kazuchika Okada (who fell to 4 votes only for the month). Meanwhile, newcomer to the poll El Lindaman managed an impressive debut with 12 votes for a 3rd place finish, his impressive performance at New Japan's Best of the Super Juniors hopefully encouraging more people to watch him in GLEAT where he is the G-REX Champion. But for May, it was Hangman Adam Page who was triumphant, marking 3 out of the 5 months this year as The Great Jase Space's Champion of the Month. Let's all give a Big Yeehaw for Cowboy poo poo winning the day(month) once more.

Eligible Champions are chosen on a combination of accessibility, prestige/notoriety and by overwhelming popular request. For promotions where lengthy periods of time pass with no title defenses, promos, appearances, shows etc those champions will be dropped from the poll for that period only, then return when once again relevant - for instance, Arisa Nakajima (SEAdLINNNG), El Lindaman (GLEAT), Jonathan Gresham (ROH), KAI (Dragon Gate), Ronda Rousey (Smackdown Women's) & Syuri (Stardom) did not defend their titles this month and are temporarily removed from the poll, while Tetsuya Endo (DDT) had his title vacated following an injury at CyberFight Festival in a non-title match. The monthly "None of the Above" option is a valid potential "winner" and has "won" the poll in the past, feel free to use this as a protest vote if you so wish.

Now onto the eligible contenders for the month just gone. Feel free to make an argument for/against any particular champion you think does/doesn't deserve the votes of other posters in this thread.

:homebrew: Kazuchika Okada (FORMER IWGP World Heavyweight Champion) - It was supposed to be the summer of Okada, but having seemingly put all his old foes behind him with wins over Naito, ZSJ & Ospreay, as well as taking the title from Shingo in the first place, the only old name who might have been left was Hiroshi Tanahashi, and he was busy elsewhere chasing the AEW Title(!)... and then of course it all went wrong when the slitheriest, slimiest, sonuvabitchiest motherfucker returned to destroy dreams everywhere as he somehow always manages to do, and Dominion was anything but for the Rainmaker, who lost his title to...

:joel: Switchblade Jay White (IWGP World Heavyweight Champion) - Yes, the Switchblade was back, and it's still.... HIS NEW ERA! Destroying dreams not just in one country but two, not just foes but friends, Switchblade did a mocking victory dance over New Japan and AEW both as he robbed us all of Hangman Adam Page vs. Okada, left compatriot Adam Cole humiliated... and then successfully defended his title at the amazing Forbidden Door PPV in a fourway match against Okada, Adam Page AND Adam Cole. Getting the win on a seemingly concussed Cole, Switchblade proceeded to horrify sweet, innocent and pure cokefiend shitposter Tony Khan during the post-PPV press scrum with an obscenity-laced tirade against the media, against other wrestlers, and especially against the poor bastard trying to put the title belt on its display case. To say it's Switchblade Jay White's world and we're living in it would be wrong... because it's OUR world and Switchblade Jay White has taken it for himself and mocked us to our faces while doing so.

:krakken: Shoko Nakajima (Princess of Princess Champion) - Having defeated the seemingly unstoppable Miyu Yamashita to win the title, and with successful title defenses against Yuki Aino and Hyper Misao, Shoko faced her greatest threat so far against two-time former Champion and current Chaos Djinn Yuka Sakazaki... and won! At CyberFight Festival, the Big Kaiju went up against the demonic evil that is the happy and cheerful Sakazaki in the penultimate match of the evening to showcase once again why the 4'10" woman towers over everybody else.

:pilot:Josh Alexander (Impact World Champion) - Josh Alexander succeeded in fighting the reversal of the clock at Slammiversary, as old match gimmicks came back to haunt the former TNA promotion for one night only. But Eric Young was not to return to championship status, as Alexander defeated him in the main event to establish that you can remember the past, but he is the present and the future of the company.

:skeltal: Thunder Rosa (AEW Women's Champion) - After a slightly controversial title defense against "The Problem" Marina Shafir (there was some nonsense on social media about Rosa "sandbagging" Shafir), all was quickly forgotten after Rosa defeated Toni Storm in an excellent match at Forbidden Door, the only strictly AEW match on the AEW/New Japan card.

:radcat: Tasha Steelz (FORMER Impact Knockouts Champion) - Perhaps the writing was on the wall for Steelz when - a week before Slammiverary - she was unable to defeat Queen Aminata at Battle Slam's Fight for Atlanta event, going to a 10 minute draw that retained her title but didn't give her the win. Come Slammiversary, Steelz defended her title against four opponents in a Queen of the Mountain match... and was dethroned!

Jordynne Grace (Impact Knockouts Champion) - With Mickie James as guest enforcer, and former champions Mia Yim and Deonna Purrazzo joining Chelsea Green and current champion Tasha Steelz in the match, all could only watch as Big Momma Pump climbed the ladder to retrieve the Knockouts Title and become champion for the second time.

Kento Miyahara (FORMER Triple Crown Champion) - On his fifth title defense, Miyahara couldn't prevail, losing the Triple Crown he won at the start of the year on Night 4 of All Japan Pro Wrestling's Champions Carnival.

:viconia: Jake Lee (Triple Crown Champion) - Jake Lee had to vacate the title due to injury at the end of 2021, he finally got his shot against the man who won the vacant title... and won! Jake Lee for the second time is Triple Crown Champion, and hopefully this one doesn't end with another injury.

:axe: Baliyan Akki (Super Asia Champion) - Akki defended his title for the first time in 3 months, defeating Shin Suzuki in just under 25 minutes to retain his title. Hopefully his next defense comes a little sooner.

:thurman: Bianca Belair (Smackdown Women's Champion) - Having won the title at Wrestlemania only for her first defense to have been some nonsense match against authority figure Sonya Deville, Belair got something a little more meaty to bite into when she defended the Raw Women's title at the Hell in a Cell PPV in a Triple Threat against former champions Asuka and Becky Lynch. Bianca got the pin on Asuka after throwing Lynch out of the ring after Lynch had laid out Asuka, meaning a likely continuation of the feud between Bianca and Becky one would assume (I don't know, nobody watches WWE, I'm pulling this poo poo together from cagematch and wikipedia!)

Go Shiozaki (FORMER GHC Heavyweight Champion) - Oh Go. Go go go (to DDT). Yes it's not QUITE the same thing, but watching another young (comparatively) and exciting and talented wrestler immediately lose the title to an old man - one who wrestles for another company and usually in the opening multi-man tags to boot! - is kinda depressing.

:unlimited: Satoshi Kojima (GHC Champion) - But of course.... Kojima is cool! Like Uncle Jun over in DDT, Kojima is still mostly mobile, hits like a truck, and can put together a good match. The novelty of Bread Club President and New Japan Dad Satoshi Kojima as GHC Champion will hopefully draw some eyes to NOAH, and even better if it's so he can lose the title and give some credibility to a true NOAH talent like Kenoh.

Jon Moxley (AEW & GCW Champion) - Well this is a weird one. GCW first. In the middle of the month, despite being part of a massive feud in AEW and a driving force behind the AEW/New Japan joint show, Moxley found the time to defend his GCW Title at You Wouldn't Understand. But on TOP of that, he also won the vacant AEW Title! With CM Punk vacating the belt without a single defense following injury requiring surgery, Jon Moxley has become the first wrestler to ever become a two-time AEW Champion. A bad situation made good by Moxley getting what he deserves, including FINALLY getting to have his big match against Hiroshi Tanahashi, in front of 16000 screaming fans (who were actually chanting for Tanahashi because he's THAT good at being a beloved Ace/Face!), and getting not just the sweetest of victories but a new title to boot!

:how: (None of the Above) - If you can't figure out how we ended up in a situation with these champions as your options for voting, or you just want to see the results, or you are one of the 0.4 people mad that I forgot to add Roman Reigns to the poll, or you want to click something by accident you can't take back, then None of the Above is the option for you!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jul 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Title not vacant. CM Punk is still champion. Moxley is just a lowly interim.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Well the top championship match I saw in June was for the ZERO1 World championship so uhhhh, that's not ever going to be eligible for the poll for the understandable reason that 3 people watch ZERO1 globally. The next one was Syuri, whose match with Risa Sera was absolutely fantastic, a must see, & then I looked at the date & it was at the end of May so nope. Still haven't seen Cyberfight Festival so can't comment on Go Koji. So basically that leaves me with two choices, both from the Triple Crown match. Which is fine by me, I love All Japan right now & Kento vs Jake was great. And ultimately I'm picking Kento over Jake. At least I get to give a nod to Sugiura & Tanaka for their top 10 MOTY

Also it was Champions Night 4 Jake won at, not the 50th Anniversary show, which is in September.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lid posted:

Title not vacant.

Yeah, because Jon Moxley won it after defeating Hiroshi Tanahashi. :hai:

In all seriousness though, Interim Titles aren't real. It's either we have an AEW Champion or we don't, None of the Above is a valid protest vote for anybody who would prefer we just don't have AEW on the poll for 3-6 months. It's a moot point because everybody is voting for Switchblade Jay White this month, whether they know it or not!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jul 1, 2022

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

Also it was Champions Night 4 Jake won at, not the 50th Anniversary show, which is in September.

Cagematch had it listed as 50th Anniversary Show for some reason! I'll correct it, thanks.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm sorry it totally slipped my mind to reply to you after I got home from work yesterday.

Anyway its time to breathe with the Switchblade.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I don't vote for fake champs, breathe with the Switchblade

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I'm sorry it totally slipped my mind to reply to you after I got home from work yesterday.

Anyway its time to breathe with the Switchblade.

All good, I always appreciate when you do otherwise :)

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
thank you jay

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I mean, it's his era, how could i not vote for him

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

gently caress you Thank you Switchblade

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
As much as I like Mox I can’t bring myself to vote for some fake interim champion. Let’s all breathe with, and thank, the Switchblade.

bartok
May 10, 2006

you give me the option to vote for Mox I'm going to vote for Mox everytime

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i hate that i am voting for jay white

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

roman reigns did defend his title this month fwiw

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Seams posted:

As much as I like Mox I can’t bring myself to vote for some fake interim champion. Let’s all breathe with, and thank, the Switchblade.

bartok posted:

you give me the option to vote for Mox I'm going to vote for Mox everytime

Only looking at avatars and not reading names made this look like some CM Punk guy posting out his internal struggle

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nintendo switchblade

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

ya gotta go with the catalyst, breathing with the switchblade, its his era

i think thats all of them

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Thank you switchblade!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Big Kaiju

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

God drat you, Switchblade, you motherfucker.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

out on the forums breathing with the switchblade with a bunch of friends. they're all on the same bar, breathing too

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

roman reigns did defend his title this month fwiw

I mean this in all sincerity... I literally forgot he exists. Based on the average votes he's gotten so far this year, any of the 0.4 people who want to vote for him can just vote None of the Above and I'll try to remember him in next month's poll.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ThePariah posted:

I don't vote for fake champs, breathe with the Switchblade

:yeah:

(Please note, if Eddie Kingston wins the interim title, I will vote for him regardless)

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Jordynne Grace.

(because i refuse to vote for knife pervert on general principle :v:)

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Shoko is a worthy inheritor of Batista's emote

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

They asked Batista if he was the one they had been waiting for. "No," he said,"I am the voice of calling into the depths of the ocean,"Make straight the way for the Big Kaiju."

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
I have to vote for Jay White just for how hard he chumped Adam Cole Baybay. His media scrum was also sadly perfect. 😞

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

1.5 days in, 2.5 days to go, don't forget to vote or else you won't have!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

There's still time to vote, for the voters among you who haven't voted!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Voting closes in roughly 6 hours, and then history will remember you forever as the person who failed to vote for the Champ of the Month in SomethingAwful's Sports Argument Stadium's The Great Jase Space's poll for June of 2022. Can you live with that shame?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's June, and we have our second newcomer of the year to the poll... kinda! Switchblade Jay White has been spoiling the hopes and dreams of wrestling fans and the aspirations of fan-favorite faces for a long time, with his first World Title win coming in 2019. But it was in June of 2022 that The Great Jase Space finally accepted the inevitable: that we were living in HIS NEW ERA! With 53% of the vote, it wasn't even close, his nearest competitor being joint GCW/AEW Champion and multiple-month and one-time Yearly winner Jon Moxley who only managed 23% for a second place finish. #3 was even further behind, with the mighty Big Kaiju Shoko Nakajima only getting 5% of the vote for a third place finish. But the result would come as no surprise for the Switchblade, he keeps telling us all that he's the best and hasn't even hit his peak yet... and the scary thing, it's true! Breathe with the Switchblade!

Previous winners, click the picture for poll results (where available) for that month.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

50 big ones for the switchblade. hopefully he can sweep hangman off of the champion of the year contention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Poll for July is now up!