Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Ivypls posted:

My understanding of Zaslav's role at WBD is that he's there to dig them out of the hole of debt they're in. The reason he kiboshed nearly finished movies and took the tax relief is because it was guaranteed money as opposed to betting on those movies actually doing well and recouping costs. So I think there's no reasonable expectation for him to make some kind of big money play to keep the NBA rights if it entails meaningful financial risk.

He killed all the original programming TNT and TBS had save for American Dad surviving somehow, and I hope it keeps going forever. If he really didn't give a poo poo about keeping the NBA he should have banked on more scripted original programming, but his background is super cheaply made reality show slurry. Guy wouldn't know what creativity is from a severed horse's head ending up in his bed. What used to be my favorite channels when I watched TV are desolate husks that do poo poo reruns of Everybody Loves Raymond, Seinfeld, Friends. poo poo at least TNT used to do classic WB shows like Angel, Charmed and Supernatural. Snowpiercer was actually a decent show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Zaslav's really interesting because he's doing exactly what the board has been asking but consumers are mad because they're killing good projects and investors are mad because they're not aligned with the boards cash flow priorities.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Jiro posted:

He killed all the original programming TNT and TBS had save for American Dad surviving somehow, and I hope it keeps going forever. If he really didn't give a poo poo about keeping the NBA he should have banked on more scripted original programming, but his background is super cheaply made reality show slurry. Guy wouldn't know what creativity is from a severed horse's head ending up in his bed. What used to be my favorite channels when I watched TV are desolate husks that do poo poo reruns of Everybody Loves Raymond, Seinfeld, Friends. poo poo at least TNT used to do classic WB shows like Angel, Charmed and Supernatural. Snowpiercer was actually a decent show.

I'm pretty sure Angel, like Buffy, is owned by Disney and I don't think they wanna pay any licensing for that

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

tnt should run reruns of Monstervision with Joebob and also order a new series that is a spiritual successor to it. And while they are at it, order up a new show that is like MST3K.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Dinner and a Movie becomes Dinner and a Dynamite where, during commercial breaks, you learn how to make dinner along with AEW stars.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Shard posted:

tnt should run reruns of Monstervision with Joebob and also order a new series that is a spiritual successor to it. And while they are at it, order up a new show that is like MST3K.

There is a spiritual successor! It's called The Last Drive In With Joe Bob Briggs and it's on Shudder, and it's been running for five or six seasons now, plus tons of specials. They're running new episodes right now, actually! New one streams on the 24th. :science:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

There is a spiritual successor! It's called The Last Drive In With Joe Bob Briggs and it's on Shudder, and it's been running for five or six seasons now, plus tons of specials. They're running new episodes right now, actually! New one streams on the 24th. :science:

No I don't want that. Because I don't want that old dude lol. I want someone younger and cooler doing it. But also don't cancel his show - because more shows like this should exist.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Shard posted:

No I don't want that. Because I don't want that old dude lol. I want someone younger and cooler doing it. But also don't cancel his show - because more shows like this should exist.

It's actually Darcy's show so it has what you want

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's actually Darcy's show so it has what you want

ooooo now you're selling me.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Legit, as someone who likes the show but gets annoyed at how old Joe can be she really helps balance it out.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That was exactly my issue. He's become a "drat millennials these days killing everything with their wokeness" type. And much like NienNunb it's just sad to see.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

He had a dark period when he was forgotten and hard up for work and subscribing to some dangerous ideologies, but his meeting with Darcy and their working relationship worked to make sure he didn't fall down that hole, and he's now really sweet and welcoming. While he can be crotchety it's part of the fun because you can tell that he's gotten really open-minded, even saying that the Boulet Brothers were his favorite guests he's ever had on the show. He and Darcy were both angels to me, my partner, and our (extremely openly queer and trans) friends when we met. Whatever he was in the past, he absolutely is not that now.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Big fan of Joe Bob

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Shard posted:

That was exactly my issue. He's become a "drat millennials these days killing everything with their wokeness" type. And much like NienNunb it's just sad to see.

That was definitely a part of the first season or two but it was either an ill-planned wrinkle to the Joe Bob character that he stopped doing or he legitimately changed over time.

He's still crotchety but in a fun way where he takes the piss out of himself.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Well that's really great to hear. Gonna have to give these a look.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

Shard posted:

i like the way you think, shard

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Shard posted:

being a svengoolie type guy for a show like this is what danhausen should be doing instead of wrestling

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

A Fancy Hat posted:

Dinner and a Movie becomes Dinner and a Dynamite where, during commercial breaks, you learn how to make dinner along with AEW stars.

ty

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

jbb ftw

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I love The Last Drive In because I loved Monstervision when I was a kid. I would like a show where AEW wrestlers watch random movies and treat it like MST3K

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I love The Last Drive In because I loved Monstervision when I was a kid. I would like a show where AEW wrestlers watch random movies and treat it like MST3K

Pretty sure Mr rear end and Mr Shades of Grey did that on the WWE Network for like five episodes. Edge and Christian's show was the superior show.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

A Fancy Hat posted:

Man, Tony reads the gently caress out of this thread

https://x.com/AEW/status/1790927649931497965

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MJeff posted:

Fightful Select had a story about AEW and WBD and I didn't wanna go off secondhand tweets so I just dropped the five bux. Is it hypocritical of me to ask Pylons to not copy and paste Thuston's charts while I'm copy and pasting directly from Fightful's patreon mere days later? That's an excellent question. Well, anyway.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1790781218419507584?t=JyE1OY6uFInDGsOuffQYLw&s=19

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The demo was a straight line this week, as low as 0.22 and as high as 0.24, so I don't need to post detailed information on segments.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Rankings:

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

Rankings:

dynamite doubles the #2 non sports show in the demo

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dallas teams eatin well this week

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

MJeff posted:

Rankings:

That's alot of sports

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

STING 64 posted:

dallas teams eatin well this week

Tony’s running collision in Dallas for a month because he thinks that’s where the ratings are

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

post hole digger posted:

Tony’s running collision in Dallas for a month because he thinks that’s where the ratings are

hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

MJeff posted:

Rankings:

The Five with the big number but low in the demo. Sad!