Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Sandwolf posted:

Highlander decks were not dead as a door nail last patch, not even close, this Brann Warrior deck was consolidated in that time period. It’s crazy to me they saw Plagues and Highlander Warrior and said “these plagues are too strong”

It wasn’t Plagues, it was the fact that card draw was getting so strong, people were consistently running highlander cards in non-HL decks. Warlock was constantly getting Reno off on turn 8-9 despite having a non-HL deck, which was making that class back breaking unless you wanted to play “rip your face off aggro.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Sandwolf posted:

Fair enough, but other than HL Shaman I don’t see any of those other HL decks anymore either. I suspect we’re only seeing HL Shaman because Nature Shaman died as well

Looking at HSReplay, Highlander Druid is also... decent? The point is, right now Control Warrior, Shaman and Druid are the only classes with a viable gameplan that's flexible enough to survive being a highlander deck, but at least that's the intended gameplay pattern for those cards. Better than them only existing as a board clear for normal decks that draw through everything incredibly fast. (... Which you can still do in Wild, but at least that format has the power level to support that.)

Also: they could have just... made the Standard highlander change for both reasons. They could have been annoyed that every other attempt at a highlander deck was being obliterated by all the anti-Warrior Plague decks automatically because there wasn't a counter in standard and annoyed that Reno was being used as another generic board clear without any of the concessions to being mostly highlander or being extremely long-term control that you needed to make running multiple copies of something in a Reno deck work in previous metas.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

peer posted:

change boomboss to deathrattle

Two problems with this:
- You can discover a bunch more with Azerite Ox.
- You can still bounce two more back to your hand with Zola (Amplifier played or coin)

Both of those issues can be resolved by making Boomboss 9 Mana.
Well, technically, one could get 2 coins for the Zola combo.