Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i like playing ranger

elements and pets are rad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoNotFeedTheBear
Sep 13, 2007
My favourite class to play is still Scrapper, even though its been kinda left behind with the changes to other classes. So much fun.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

nesamdoom posted:

I don't remember needing them, but I might have made the 2 I have and they didn't need them.

as far as getting them, I really dig fractals, more than just doing dailies. I could run with you pretty much anytime or if you have a schedule I could pop on. t3-4 are lots of fun and if you have a lfg then people jump in pretty fast since normally people don't lfg them.

I suppose as a side thing, would people be into fractal runs like hour after reset? I could do them for a few hours most days and don't mind redoing most of them multiple times. I think Goonette is done by then and just want to see if people are into a night session to kick fractals and chill regularly. I've done a bunch of goon fractal groups and it's always a good time.

According to the wiki it takes cubes of dark energy to make conflux which takes like 75. If there's an alternative way to get those I'm all for it. I like running fractals but I'm very casual and mostly only play with a small group of friends, and we largely play story with the occasional session dedicated to grinding other stuff.

DoNotFeedTheBear posted:

My favourite class to play is still Scrapper, even though its been kinda left behind with the changes to other classes. So much fun.

I really like scrapper. I only recently realized its hammer spin move reflects projectiles and I love it even more now. I still need to unlock holosmith to see how that goes though.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Nuebot posted:

According to the wiki it takes cubes of dark energy to make conflux which takes like 75. If there's an alternative way to get those I'm all for it. I like running fractals but I'm very casual and mostly only play with a small group of friends, and we largely play story with the occasional session dedicated to grinding other stuff.

you can buy the matrices on the AH, so spend some of your grinding sessions doing RIBA in silverwastes or whatever you do for gold coins. Though fractals are decent gold and you sometimes get matrices as fractal chest rewards

Hello Sailor fucked around with this message at 06:47 on May 3, 2024

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Hello Sailor posted:

you can buy the matrices on the AH, so spend some of your grinding sessions doing RIBA in silverwastes or whatever you do for gold coins. Though fractals are decent gold and you sometimes get matrices as fractal chest rewards

Oh can you? That's not so bad, I just checked thanks to this and they're only like 40 silver each. Way affordable. I'll probably buy some tonight, I'm up to like 450 gold thanks to the wizard's vault. I'm not rich by any means but I've been gaining way more gold than I've been spending lately.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

that sounds pretty rich to me

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

that sounds pretty rich to me

Not for long, then. Two confluxes is going to cost me a lot. Then I get to look up what hell is involved in getting the other legendary accessories because I've decided that's a bigger priority for me than weapons or armour.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM killed Masen

Vault reset is pretty soon too. I haven't even done most of the stuff this time, but I got all the stuff that's worth it other than clovers. Even got a slightly different set of gloves
Probably not making another leg soon, so this next cycle is going to be just getting that loooooooooooot

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Nuebot posted:

Not for long, then. Two confluxes is going to cost me a lot. Then I get to look up what hell is involved in getting the other legendary accessories because I've decided that's a bigger priority for me than weapons or armour.

If you're playing through LS content, you should eventually knock out the requirements for the amulet. Might need to hang out in those zones for a bit to grind after you finish the story there

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Hello Sailor posted:

If you're playing through LS content, you should eventually knock out the requirements for the amulet. Might need to hang out in those zones for a bit to grind after you finish the story there

Oh, huh, I never knew I had to do the return to X stuff for that. I snagged HoT stuff last time that was up at least, I'll have to be more on the ball when those roll in from here on out! EDIT: or am I confusing that with the like, random event poo poo that cycles in and those aren't the same thing?

..btt
Mar 26, 2008
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Prismatic_Champion%27s_Regalia

(you can do it whenever)

Swing State Victim
Nov 8, 2012
You can save yourself some effort if you double up on doing the amulet and aurora/vision requirements simultaneously. There’s not always a ton of direct overlap, but it can save doing things like jumping puzzles extra times. Just unlock the legendary collections first, or you won’t get credit towards those. They take an evening or two with a guide.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Sick I want that rainbow glow for sure, it looks like a lot of those are just poo poo I Was already doing, albeit insanely slow because of the whack rear end pace we move at. I hope to get it one day.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
I haven’t played in a few months and decided to fire it up again. Of course, I have a lot of patching to do! It downloaded about 3.8GB at good speed, then as I watched, the download rate dropped rapidly to zero kb/s and sat that way for a good long while. I had to force-close the launcher because it locked up. Now every time I open it, it downloads a few MB, then stalls out, and clicking anything causes a hard lock of the launcher. Googling shows this just happens to people and has been happening seemingly at random for a long time. I tried every remedy offered to no effect - disabling QoS on my network adapter, clearing GW2 cache, repairing the launcher, hard-coding routes for arenanet CDN addresses using Google DNS. Nothing works, and I’m stuck with 27,000 files to update. Anyone vanquished this evil problem before?

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
Well, I said to hell with it, and downloaded the Steam client and it… worked just fine. So, ok then.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.

Lordshmee posted:

Well, I said to hell with it, and downloaded the Steam client and it… worked just fine. So, ok then.

My guess is there was something screwy with your dat file. AFAIK everything about the steam client is identical to the normal client, but installing would download a new dat.

edit: Also possible our CDN is missing some of the files required to patch up your old version and getting the new dat already had newer versions of the problem files.

chglcu fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 4, 2024

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Ancient Coins, Memories of Battle and Skirmish Claim Tickets are going to be my big bottle necks for getting my confluxes now I think. Mostly it's just a matter of wanting to wvw and grinding out those gifts of battle first, then I can worry about the exact amounts of everything else I need.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Ancient coins?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

whydirt posted:

Ancient coins?

Mystic Coins, I keep calling them Ancient Coins and I don't know why.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

To make it more confusing, Ancient Coins actually are another currency! They used to be called Unusual Coins, but then Anet decided that the "Unusual" label will always apply to the latest expansion's coins, while the previous ones will become Ancient. So whenever the next expansion comes out, all the SotO sources of Unusual Coins will become Ancient Coins as well

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I've been on a big break since getting my leggy armor. Is the SAB meta easy to finish in a day?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

If you’re starting from scratch each ring takes 1-2 months worth of skirmish tickets.

I’d highly suggest getting the mist band precursor with fractal currencies to cut down on the WvW grind.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

gandlethorpe posted:

I've been on a big break since getting my leggy armor. Is the SAB meta easy to finish in a day?

As long as you can complete Worlds 1 and 2 on your own in normal mode or can find LFGs for the ones you can't, yes, very easy to do in a day.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

whydirt posted:

If you’re starting from scratch each ring takes 1-2 months worth of skirmish tickets.

I’d highly suggest getting the mist band precursor with fractal currencies to cut down on the WvW grind.

at the rate I do fractals there's a slim chance I'm actually going to get more wvw poo poo than fractal poo poo. My personal agony level or whatever is still only around like +15

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

MajorBonnet posted:

As long as you can complete Worlds 1 and 2 on your own in normal mode or can find LFGs for the ones you can't, yes, very easy to do in a day.

Two minutes into the hub race and I already remember why this is my least favorite festival

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

The annual chievo for the hub race is especially hard and I wouldn’t recommend it if you’re trying to blast through the 50 point annual thing