Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

It seems like there is some kind of take down policy or something because I can't find a single review online for Provia or Anderson patio doors other than from sales rooms!

It is frustrating as hell to be expected to spend that kind of money and yet there is nothing on google that really gives any good info or pros and cons for them.

I'm hoping you guys on the house forum might have some insight?

I've been suggested Provia Ecolite sliding door or a Provia Aspect french door for my patio door replacement from my contractor... but I don't really trust them and I want more info.

I'm looking to not spend a ton and i think he suggested these as budget options... around 1400 for the slider and 2k for the french door style. I would be willing to pay more if there is something that it a superior option though.

I currently have a cheap french door installed that came with the house and it has rotted out and needs to be replaced as its leaking air out the gaps. So glad the assholes that built my econobox used untreated pine wood on all the exterior frames! (ughh)

I like the idea of a sliding door, but I'm hesitant because I don't know that my cats wouldn't just climb and destroy the screen door.

Anyway, I'm just looking for advice. I searched the front page and didn't see anything about patio doors so if I missed a thread I do apologize!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

this is from my contractor after i told him i was concerned about the price. I'm currently having all the trim and paint redone on my house which is not cheap. I also need to redo the floor inside quite badly so I'm trying to pinch some pennies but not at the expense of replacing this thing again in 5-10 years.

=======
https://www.provia.com/doors/patio-doors/
Provia eco lite would run you about 1,400.00 give or take a bit or so with tax (this is the sliding door)

Provia aspect would run you about 1,850.00 to 1,900.00 with tax (this is the french door)

That doesn't include install or trim we'd have to purchase....
======

He said provia has really good warranty and it should stand up to the rain that hits it directly for like -20 years.

Just looking for another opinion from people I trust like goons.

Thanks for taking a look!