Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/ChrisLynnHedges/status/1566064616937078791?s=20&t=I0w8YsJcymMHGh6IFW7iSA

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Is there a video of the full funeral service? I know it's not a state funeral, but I'm interested in what ceremonial protocols they did considering how he was unpopular and also just a leader of a defunct state.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

:thejoke:

tambourine
Oct 11, 2021
EDIT: :ohno:

tambourine has issued a correction as of 00:09 on Sep 4, 2022

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Echo Chamber posted:

Is there a video of the full funeral service? I know it's not a state funeral, but I'm interested in what ceremonial protocols they did considering how he was unpopular and also just a leader of a defunct state.

interesting inquiry. agreed

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

tambourine posted:

I'm not sure this is the right thread to post in, but what do people believe he did that damaged communism more than any policy that came before him?

um...

speng31b
May 8, 2010

tambourine posted:

I'm not sure this is the right thread to post in, but what do people believe he did that damaged communism more than any policy that came before him?

just pretend someone answered your question already and say the opinion you came here to say

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

tambourine posted:

lol

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I guess I'll try to answer my own question. There's this thing which looks like a wake, but seems to be his actual funeral.
https://youtu.be/HGFDE6mEQ3A

Looks like there's no speeches. Just the current Russian Flag. No Soviet flags to be seen, which kind of makes sense since he was presumably a Russian citizen when he died.

Putin laid flowers on Gorby at the hospital, which was not even a wake.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Echo Chamber posted:

I guess I'll try to answer my own question. There's this thing which looks like a wake, but seems to be his actual funeral.

Looks like there's no speeches. Just the current Russian Flag. No Soviet flags to be seen, which kind of makes sense since he was presumably a Russian citizen when he died.

interesting. thanks

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
more like garbagechev

tambourine
Oct 11, 2021

speng31b posted:

just pretend someone answered your question already and say the opinion you came here to say

EDIT: You know what you're right, it was my fault for coming here and do more than post inane emoji

tambourine has issued a correction as of 00:03 on Sep 4, 2022

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
in the future old people will tell the children of the story of gorbachev and the pizza hut as a cautionary tale

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Echo Chamber posted:

Rip bozo

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Echo Chamber posted:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

tambourine posted:

EDIT: You know what you're right, it was my fault for coming here and do more than post inane emoji

:qq:

Just say it

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

tambourine posted:

love how you crumble once you get a question where you actually have to lay down your cards instead of beating around the bush

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

tambourine posted:

cry more

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

lmfao

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

tambourine posted:

lol you punk

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

now we shall both be capitalist cried the frog and gorby ate pizza, for it was his nature

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

he should have listened to the hardliners

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
gorbkanda forever
*dabs*

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Virtual Russian posted:

he should have listened to the hardliners

the soviet union can have a little free market, as a treat

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

tambourine posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!