Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Hiestand's wrestling is so fluid and solid, but his actual control and offensive output on the ground are so unfortunate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
That was a cool fight

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Elbows! :sickos:

Lina lansberg would be proud

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Maria Oliveira, you are a kickboxer with a 10" reach advantage and you are losing the standup to a grappler.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

laughed out loud at Oliveira converting her at-the-buzzer flying knee attempt into a sportsmanly hug :keke:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Turcios corner crew should include someone filming him with a cellphone while hollering "worldstar"

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Super chaotic grappling lmao

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Man, Ricky's got tons of potential but he needs coaches to really, really sit on him to tighten up his game because the top 20 will absolutely eat him alive.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

hahaha yeah Bisping his technical style of "drunk enough to fight a cop"

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
yawn

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/AlanDawsonSport/status/1594059400867520519

apparently lewis went to the hospital sometime last night/this morning but still wants to fight; seems bad

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

love to talk a ton of poo poo and get so aggressive that the commission has to separate us and then put on a half tempo dream ballet rendition of Rose Carla 2

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
boooooooooooooooo

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Krause actually got suspended? Lol

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

aaaand the main event is off.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

another victim of overheated balls :(

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

CarlCX posted:

aaaand the main event is off.

gently caress.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

this card is kind of a stinker

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Yeah, this already wasn't great as it stood, now it's just deeply woeful.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

i mean the fights themselves have been pretty fun, with the exception of the gentle waltz that preceded this one

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Eh, some of the fights have been fun, this one's pretty good.

Main card seems like it'll be alright too, most likely to be boring is Maddalena/Roberts I think.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Kinda bullshit that you get to sit down and calmly catch your breath as a reward for a foul, at least make the dude stay standing.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

there was part of my brain that thought i remembered Charles Johnson but actually what I was remembering was part of a stupid joke video that was passed around on this site nearly twenty years ago

https://i.imgur.com/9C6t2rB.mp4

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I know it was very early, but I watched One 163 (at like 1.75x speed) and it was pretty good.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Della loving Maddalena.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

those didnt even sound like normal hits, those sounded like foley from a Cannon movie

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Maddalena's big upcoming hurdle is the brick loving wall of 170-pound wrestlers, but if he can get past them he's a big loving deal.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

That was an entirely too rare very good stop by the ref.

coathat
May 21, 2007

why is this fight on the main card?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
not much distinction between prelims and main card for these fight nights (or morning/afternoons, as is the case this time) :shrug:

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
That probably could've been stopped as a standing tko huh?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
We have some fairly bloodthirsty refs working tonight.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Brut posted:

That probably could've been stopped as a standing tko huh?

It would've been a little tough 'cause Sherman was still throwing back, but it wouldn't have been the worst.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Salsa boy's lack of ability to sleep people with the million clean shots he landed I think is really going to put a ceiling on him at hw

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
just got in the door and missed chase sherman :(

why are they saying that cutelaba nzechukwu is the main event? what happened to lewis spivak?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

ilmucche posted:

just got in the door and missed chase sherman :(

why are they saying that cutelaba nzechukwu is the main event? what happened to lewis spivak?

Lewis apparently got sick and went to the hospital sometime this morning. They were trying to salvage the fight somehow because this sport is monstrous but he couldn't continue and they announced the main event was off like 4/5 through the prelims.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
That was a violence.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
welp, that was a short card for me to watch then. i feel like cutelaba had him a little shaken early in round 1 but went for the clinch instead of continuing to throw

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
https://twitter.com/Stadium/status/1594020178614009857

https://watchstadium.com/live/byb-13/

Edit: omfg, if you're not watching BYB you are missing out.

ccubed fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Nov 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

CarlCX posted:

That was an entirely too rare very good stop by the ref.

Herb Dean was tied up reffing this in One:
https://twitter.com/_Yodsanan/status/1593849526795882496
Abbasov did seem more dead tired than hurt, but there seemed to be a lot more leeway for the poster boy.