Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

Bump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Did we do it? Is it unpacked?

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

rodbeard posted:

Did we do it? Is it unpacked?

Don't think so.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

This is very cynical and pessimistic. I think it's probably unpacked, and even if it isn't, it probably will be soon.

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Been following the protests this past week on Twitter and observing conservative reactions. There's an interesting schism going on because some of them just really hate Jews so the idea that "dirty" leftists are fighting with Jewish students is amusing to them. They're imploring other conservatives not to intervene because they're hoping these protests alienate Jews from leftists and collectively weaken their enemies.

Still others simply see satisfaction in leftists being the target of violence. It's similar to their takes on the George Floyd protests; the protestors are dum dums who don't know what they're protesting, they couldn't find Israel and Gaza on a map, they're simultaneously poor and rich, entitled, gonna get away with everything yet gonna be in jail forever, etc etc.

People have been cheering on 'frat boys' attacking protestors and I guess it's just a new iteration of proud boys in a way, a group that serves as a stand in for the wishful thinking of reactionary viewers in the peanut gallery. They wish so badly to be among those who get to crack some skulls but since they themselves don't have the actual resolve they have to experience it vicariously by those undaunted by consequences.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Panfilo posted:

Been following the protests this past week on Twitter and observing conservative reactions. There's an interesting schism going on because some of them just really hate Jews so the idea that "dirty" leftists are fighting with Jewish students is amusing to them. They're imploring other conservatives not to intervene because they're hoping these protests alienate Jews from leftists and collectively weaken their enemies.

Still others simply see satisfaction in leftists being the target of violence. It's similar to their takes on the George Floyd protests; the protestors are dum dums who don't know what they're protesting, they couldn't find Israel and Gaza on a map, they're simultaneously poor and rich, entitled, gonna get away with everything yet gonna be in jail forever, etc etc.

People have been cheering on 'frat boys' attacking protestors and I guess it's just a new iteration of proud boys in a way, a group that serves as a stand in for the wishful thinking of reactionary viewers in the peanut gallery. They wish so badly to be among those who get to crack some skulls but since they themselves don't have the actual resolve they have to experience it vicariously by those undaunted by consequences.

thanks for the unpacking. keep up the good work!

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Panfilo posted:

drat that’s crazy. keep us updated and keep unpacking

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

tristeham posted:

thanks for the unpacking. keep up the good work!

mark immune posted:

drat that’s crazy. keep us updated and keep unpacking

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Panfilo posted:

Been following the protests this past week on Twitter and observing conservative liberal reactions.

Fixed it for you, OP.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Panfilo posted:

Can you post the tweets of those enjoying the protestors being the targets? I'd like to like those.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

imagine seeing the entire past weeks of establishment liberals and their sycophants imploring the police to crack heads even more and instead thinking "what do the online chuds think of these protests???"

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

yellowcar posted:

imagine seeing the entire past weeks of establishment liberals and their sycophants imploring the police to crack heads even more and instead thinking "what do the online chuds think of these protests???"

Lib-brain - many such cases!

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Panfilo posted:

Now that's what I call a sticky situation

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Well THIS online conservative supports the protestors right to free speech and moreover supports Hamas over Israel because they aren't woke.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

yellowcar posted:

I already know what the online chuds think of these protests, because I read cspam (the chud forum)

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Oh yeah, keep unpacking, I'm almost there.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
*peels packing tape liberalishly*

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

:rubby: My good dude, the drive-by shitposters full of empty neener-neenering and poo poo-hot takes are not getting chillsixers because they're new to the room, they're getting chillsixers because they're drive-by shitposters full of empty neener-neenering and poo poo-hot takes. This thread and others like it have had plenty of anti-gun people wander in over the years and ask actual questions instead of Just Asking Questions™, and they haven't been punted; they usually wander right back out again when they realize that nobody here is a chud or a MAGAt.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

my_custom_username posted:

:rubby: My good dude, the drive-by shitposters full of empty neener-neenering and poo poo-hot takes are not getting chillsixers because they're new to the room, they're getting chillsixers because they're drive-by shitposters full of empty neener-neenering and poo poo-hot takes. This thread and others like it have had plenty of anti-gun people wander in over the years and ask actual questions instead of Just Asking Questions™, and they haven't been punted; they usually wander right back out again when they realize that nobody here is a chud or a MAGAt.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Been saying this!!!!!!! ☝️ 👆

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

love the idea that all these people shitposting are simultaneously watching news coverage of cops (the same people who would be oh-so-equitably applying their imagined gun ban laws) absolutely brutalizing the gently caress out of peaceful university students (and previously white and brown/black people alike protesting racial injustice) and just... doing the ravenous jack nicholson meme face.

maybe your simplistic response to a complicated problem is not, in fact, as well-conceived as you previously thought? nah, tfr must be secretly lusting for child murder

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

love the idea that all these people shitposting are simultaneously watching news coverage of cops (the same people who would be oh-so-equitably applying their imagined gun ban laws) absolutely brutalizing the gently caress out of peaceful university students (and previously white and brown/black people alike protesting racial injustice) and just... doing the ravenous jack nicholson meme face.

maybe your simplistic response to a complicated problem is not, in fact, as well-conceived as you previously thought? nah, tfr must be secretly lusting for child murder

chuddington .... chuda chuda chuda chuda chuddington chudddddington chuda chuda chuddington!!!!

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
shoot first, unpack second

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
keep reloading, im unpacking

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0uYJjDHeDU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
do NOT unpack the bubble boy

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

so long

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Some creep once sent my friend that Thanos pic, while "subtly" propositioning him by saying "Ha ha this is so funny, you don't like this Thanos dick do you??????"

edit: or a similar thanos, there's so many nude thanoses these days in this economy

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
the thanos snap but it disappears everyone's clothes

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Only half of everyone's clothes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

bump