Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Champion for November, 2022?
This poll is closed.
:judas: Chris Jericho (ROH World Champion) 18 30.51%
Jon Moxley (FORMER AEW Champion) 1 1.69%
:smug: MJF (AEW Champion) 10 16.95%
:science: Toni Storm (FORMER AEW Women's Champion) 0 0%
:hayter: Jamie Hayter (AEW Women's Champion) 18 30.51%
Yuka Sakazaki (Princess of Princess Champion) 2 3.39%
Jordynne Grace (Impact Knockouts Champion) 1 1.69%
:murder: Nick Gage (GCW Champion) 1 1.69%
:thurman: Bianca Belair (Raw Women's Champion) 0 0%
:pilot:Josh Alexander (Impact World Champion) 0 0%
:pirate: KAIRI (IWGP Women's Champion) 6 10.17%
:kiddo: Kaito Kiyomiya (GHC Champion) 0 0%
:smugdog: Roman Reigns (WWE Champion) 0 0%
:byodame: Ronda Rousey (Smackdown Women's Champion) 0 0%
:greenangel: Syuri (World of Stardom Champion) 0 0%
:kingsley: Yuki Yoshioka (Open the Dream Gate Champion) 2 3.39%
:shibe: None of the Above 0 0%
Total: 59 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

In October, the Ocho would not be denied! Despite JUST missing out on victory in September, Chris Jericho maintained his momentum with his insane quest to dishonor Ring of Honor, and returned to the winner's circle for the first time since 2019. Though the margin was once again razor thin, this time Jon Moxley wasn't able to triumph, missing his chance to make it 4-in-a-row. Switchblade Jay White, who single-handedly sold out Madison Square Garden and is still waiting for his thank you, managed third place. But October was Jericho's, as the master of reinvention added yet another Champ of the Month win to his impressive stockpile, to go along with his 8 World Titles and his increased standing in AEW as a behind-the-scenes rock who helped the promotion and the roster through the rocky waters of the post-scrum locker room fight disaster between CM Punk, Ace Steel and Omega/The Young Bucks. October of 2022 belongs now and always to Chris Jericho, but can he keep it going and win in November too? Let's find out!

Eligible Champions are chosen on a combination of accessibility, prestige/notoriety and by overwhelming popular request. For promotions where lengthy periods of time pass with no title defenses, promos, appearances, shows etc those champions will be dropped from the poll for that period only, then return when once again relevant - for instance, Baliyan Akki (Gatoh Move), El Lindaman (GLEAT), Hiroyo Matsumoto (SEAdLINNNG), Kazusada Higuchi (DDT), Kento Miyahara (All Japan) & Switchblade Jay White (New Japan) did not defend their titles this month and are temporarily removed from the poll. The monthly "None of the Above" option is a valid potential "winner" and has "won" the poll in the past, feel free to use this as a protest vote if you so wish.

Now onto the eligible contenders for the month just gone. Feel free to make an argument for/against any particular champion you think does/doesn't deserve the votes of other posters in this thread.

:judas: Chris Jericho (ROH World Champion) - Continuing his reign as the deranged Sports Entertainer determined to dishonor the name of the wrestling company he is now champion of, Jericho actually ended up wrestling so much that even ROH Announcers were pointing out that he's actually building his own credibility as champion rather than underminding ROH! Insisting he would fight any and all former champions in ROH, Jericho started the month by beating a returning Colt Cabana (I guess CM Punk really is completely gone!), then flew almost too close to the sun at Full Gear when he challenged Claudio and Danielson at Full Gear to a Fatal Fourway with Sammy Guevara, thinking that Sammy would just roll over for him and instead having to fight him with everything he had, at Full Gear Danielson, Claudio and Sammy. He wasn't done in his insane quest though, going toe to toe with New Japan's Tomohiro Ishii on Dynamite in an incredible match that still him pouring blood from his chest just from a chop battle. Jericho ended November as Champion, but playing with fire by putting his title up against Claudio in a bid to force Claudio into his Jericho Appreciation Society of Sports Entertainers. Will he succeed? That's for December to tell us!

Jon Moxley (FORMER AEW Champion) - The most reliable and valuable player in AEW finally might be getting something akin to a break! After losing the GCW Title last month, Mox lost the AEW title in November to the hated MJF, after having him beat only for his own mentor - William Regal - to orchestrate events so that Max could KO Moxley with the brass knucks, ending his reign and setting the scene for drama to come.

:smug: MJF (AEW Champion) - Having teased turning babyface only to cheat with the knucks (and get cheered!), Max made it VERY clear at the end of the month that he was still full-blown heel. First in his promo mocking the fans, then by unveiling a "new" AEW Belt with a barely-there Burberry pattern on the leather, and finally by striking William Regal from behind with the brass knucks and taunting the man who facilitated his ultimate triumph by pointing out he didn't need him anymore.

:science: Toni Storm (FORMER AEW Women's Champion) - Toni put up a hell of a fight in a hell of a match, but it wasn't enough to stop distractions and blatant interference by first Rebel (comically incompetent) and then Dr. Britt Baker DMD (fighteningly competent!) that allowed Hayter to eventually wear her down and take her title from her.

:hayter: Jamie Hayter (AEW Women's Champion) - Defeating Toni Storm at Full Gear, Hayter's triumph was somewhat overshadowed by the presence and promos of Dr. Britt Baker DMD. Britt was saying and doing all the right things, lauding Hayter, supporting her, assisting her, seemingly completely unselfishly... but taking the spotlight off the new champion in the process. Interesting times ahead!

Yuka Sakazaki (Princess of Princess Champion) - American indie sensation Billie Starkz was no match for TJPW's champion, who dispatched her pretty handily, setting up yet another January 4th encounter between Yuka and the Xe of TJPW, Miyu Yamashita. Thanks to GEORGE W BUSHI.

Jordynne Grace (Impact Knockouts Champion) - In a match that was wildly lauded by all (sadly not many) who saw it, Grace won a Last Knockout Standing match with Masha Slamovich at Bound for Glory to retain her title... and she didn't have to do a Blood Money Show in Saudi Arabia to do it!

:murder: Nick Gage (GCW Champion) - In his first defense of the belt since winning it back from Jon Moxley, Nick Gage defeated George South at AML's The Day After event.

:thurman: Bianca Belair (Raw Women's Champion) - Defeated Bayley in a Last Woman Standing match at the Blood Money Show in Saudi Arabia. Spent the rest of the month still feuding with Bayley in the build up to the Survivor Series War Games match.

:pilot:Josh Alexander (Impact World Champion) - Alexander continued to be a fighting champion, defeating Frankie Kazarian at Over Drive, and then the next day doing the same at Kentucky Chaos when he defeated Speedball Mike Bailey.

:pirate: KAIRI (IWGP Women's Champion) - KAIRI defeated fellow member of the Stardom Threedom, Mayu Iwatani, in an emotional reunion as they faced each other for the first time in five years to give the Pirate Princess the honour of being NJPW's first women's champion. At Wrestle Kingdom, she will defend her belt against Tam Nakano of the Cosmic Angels. Thanks to GEORGE W BUSHI.

:kiddo: Kaito Kiyomiya (GHC Champion) - Nothing against Timothy Thatcher, but after defeating Fujita, Timothy Thatcher didn't seem the most exciting prospect for Kiyomiya's next title defense, feeling more like a filler challenger before the next "real" program began. But they fought and Kiyomiya defeated Thatcher at Honored Crown, following which the man Kiyomiya defeated for the title - the delightfully always angry Kenoh - made clear his intentions to regain his title.

:smugdog: Roman Reigns (WWE Champion) - Defeated Logan Paul at the Blood Money show in Saudi Arabia. Spent the rest of the month involved in the (very popular/well recieved) Bloodlines storyline with Sami Zayn, building up to Survivor Series War Games.

:byodame: Ronda Rousey (Smackdown Women's Champion) - The story of November was Ronda taking Shotzi lightly as a challenger who she didn't think was worthy of the title shot she was given. She defeated Shotzi easily in roughly 7 minutes at Survivor Series. The end, no moral.

:greenangel: Syuri (World of Stardom Champion) - Syuri spent most of the month teaming with TAKA Michinoku protégé Tomoka Inaba in Stardom's Goddess Tag League, but still found the time not only to go toe to toe with another TAKA disciple Zack Sabre Jr. at Historic X-Over, but also defeat her rival, Utami Hayashishita in yet another classic match between the pair. Her next opponent will be Zack Sabre Jr.'s partner, Giulia, from that Historic X-Over match. Thanks to GEORGE W BUSHI.

:kingsley: Yuki Yoshioka (Open the Dream Gate Champion) - The young champion added more to the foundation of his title reign by defeating YAMATO at the Gate of Destiny in early November.

:shibe: None of the Above - If you find yourself as underwhelmed/judgmental as a Shiba Inu at these champions, or just want to vote None of the Above, or want to see the current results, then this is the option for you!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Dec 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Kairi, that match was fantastic

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
:hayter:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

thumping_techno.mp3 + kissing_bicep.gif

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

the ocho

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

yep

kairi owns too though, i bet the match was awesome

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

As much as I enjoyed Jericho's shenanigans this month, I gotta give it to KAIRI. It was so good seeing her wrestle again, and she comes across like a giant star.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jerusalem posted:

she comes across like a giant star.

she is, op

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

:hayter::hayter::hayter::hayter::hayter:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Had to give it to my hometown gal, Jordynne Grace.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Yuki Yoshioka

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it seems like you should be allowed to split your vote. just add another entry in the poll for a split between each current entry and every other entry which counts as half a vote. it can bypass the poll option limit by making 1 thread per voting option

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
fyi Jericho doesn't have an image for October

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thanks, and fixed!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I voted the ocho but i just wanted to give a shoutout to toni storm who was really great also and i'm happy they retroactively said she was a real champion and not interim. Love Jaime also but was one of the only people cheering for Toni at Full Gear live bc she rocks. thank you.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The Great Jase Space's Sports Entertainment Champion for November, 2022

bartok
May 10, 2006

Several great choices this month but I have to go with The Ocho again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

One day in, 3 to go, and it looks like it is going to be another very tight race between 1 and 2. So don't be like the guy last month who didn't vote (you know who you are) and make sure you vote!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bartok posted:

Several great choices this month but I have to go with The Ocho again.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I'm a Hayter this month

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
It is cold now where I live. Time to wear a scarf.

So I voted for the most obnoxious option who famously wears a scarf.

That's a good enough reason isn't it?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

They don't call you BrigadierSensible for nothing!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It remains extremely close two days in, make sure you vote!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

3 days in, 1 day to go, and if you haven't voted, you're missing out on a bunch of benefits that I'll tell you about later after you've voted!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

BrigadierSensible posted:

It is cold now where I live. Time to wear a scarf.

So I voted for the most obnoxious option who famously wears a scarf.

That's a good enough reason isn't it?

Said champion should bundle up.

(While i'm in the camp who didn't like the Regal segment, I think it's interesting that the 3 names Max dropped were Starks - who he's defending against in a fortnight, Danielson - who he appears to be feuding with going into the new year... and Kingston - who would be the perfect guy to take the title from him and one of the few who could unequivocally get cheers over him)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

We're into the last day of voting and the margins remain very thin, come on and vote! C'mon!

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I did my part. Voted Ocho. Feelin good.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Well, poo poo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"WELL GEE GOLLY MISTER THERE'S NO POINT IN VOTING MY ONE VOTE SURELY COULDN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE!" blurted out the imbecile, the moron, the jackass whose "friends" point and laugh at them behind their back and whose parents softly weep in their beds at night knowing they raised a non-voter. In November, a paltry 59 people voted in the poll, and the result was.... a tie! Yes, your one vote (you know who you are) made all the difference, and while Chris Jericho made it two in a row, it's a win he has to share with Jame Hayter. Jamie Hayter's own first ever win of a monthly poll is shared with Chris Jericho. Because you, yes YOU, didn't vote! Are you happy? Is this how you get your sick kicks? That's monstrous, you're a monster, how could you? HOW COULD YOU!?!

Previous winners, click the picture for poll results (where available) for that month.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sandman McMahon posted:

I did my part. Voted Ocho. Feelin good.

Same. Sad he has to share the podium with some interim champ.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Yoshioka utterly dominating YAMATO as the crowd was fully behind him kicking the crap out of the company Ace was the coolest finish to a title match I’ve seen all year.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

shes the world champ but agree

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Sad she has to share the podium with a belt that doesn't have a TV deal yet...

:hayter:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Can't be interim.champion, J-Ru doesn't include interim champions like Jon Moxley. That would be hypocrisy and that's a crime.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lid posted:

Can't be interim champion

Correct, they can't be something that doesn't exist :hai:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i voted for kairi hojo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Champ Poll for December, 2022 is now up!