Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Cthulu Carl posted:

I also recall hearing good things about the smaller (And MUCH cheaper) Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion

Lol I forgot about jaws even though it's literally the introductory game for the havens. It's a fun campaign and very good at teaching it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Eediot Jedi posted:

Lol I forgot about jaws even though it's literally the introductory game for the havens. It's a fun campaign and very good at teaching it.

I mostly remember this part of No Pun Included's review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyfEWPGvDFw&t=1074s

"Does that make them best buds? No no no. That's not his favorite enemy. That's his favorite axe."

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Eediot Jedi posted:

I have no idea about Blackstone.

Cursed city started off exciting and I liked it initially, but it very quickly needs a lot of samey grinding to progress, and you're often completely at the mercy of chance with no way to mitigate that through skill, you just get hosed over and lose a couple of hours of irl time. Missions drags uncomfortably long even when you win.

There are fan made rules that looked much improved, I never tried them.

My real answer for "should I play cursed city?" is to try gloomhaven on pc first, if you like it, either get the sequel frosthaven or wait for the 2.0 remake of gloomhaven that's due soonish after its kick starter delivers. GH is just way more interesting to play than cursed city imo and they're similar dungeon crawlers.

Ok thanks will keep this in mind

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!
First fully-painted model for Legio Catholicus, "The Powerwolves," Beast of Gevaudan.