Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

they are neither art nor books :dukedog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

i've been calling them fart books

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

oh, that’s a good one

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Deakul posted:

Why would anyone ever want the art book?

Art books own

If I like a game a lot, I sometimes buy the physical art book, they’re usually gorgeous, and they bring back good memories of having fun.

Some modern games have incredible art that some artist clearly slaved away for days on

Meanwhile me the player zips past their stage in 0.3 seconds and maybe glance at their lovingly crafted wall (probably not I’m navigating in the minimap)

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I have all the FFXIV art books that I’ve been able to find and I love them

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
indika is unsurprisingly a stoned as gently caress game. it's way more batshit than i anticipated and it's kind of really funny.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Picked up the dungeon crawl humble bundle for Lunacid, but thought I'd start with Devil Spire and :stare:. Am getting rekt. I haven't found a way to heal yet, and items break like they're mode of cardboard. I feel like I'm missing something major, which might be the dodge, which I can't seem to understand the timing of.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

FishMcCool posted:

Picked up the dungeon crawl humble bundle for Lunacid, but thought I'd start with Devil Spire and :stare:. Am getting rekt. I haven't found a way to heal yet, and items break like they're mode of cardboard. I feel like I'm missing something major, which might be the dodge, which I can't seem to understand the timing of.

It's been a long time since I played it so I may be misremembering but the trick is to craft all your weapons into each other until you get a godly ranged weapon with effectively infinite durability. Figuring this out kind of saps all the challenge out of the game though because you will just start one-shotting everything before it even spots you.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

StrixNebulosa posted:

Sometimes art books go above and beyond and have art design notes, like the Blasphemous one:

Spoilered for naked tits and blood

e: INDIKA takes 48 gigs to install, uhhh, brb moving stuff around

whoa maybe I need the Blasphemous art book

I need to install that again and make a real run at playing it, but I might not be Catholic enough to deal with it

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Steam is refusing to download updates or Dark Forces Remastered which I want to play and ... I can't remember ever having such a problem in however drat long I've been using Steam. Just thought I'd mention it here, but I don't see anyone else having trouble on Down Detector or reddit. Been an hour at this point. Restarted the client, rebooted and :iiam:

edit: I'm a bad gamer and should go get mad, right?

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Smells like class action

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

teethgrinder posted:

Steam is refusing to download updates or Dark Forces Remastered which I want to play and ... I can't remember ever having such a problem in however drat long I've been using Steam. Just thought I'd mention it here, but I don't see anyone else having trouble on Down Detector or reddit. Been an hour at this point. Restarted the client, rebooted and :iiam:

edit: I'm a bad gamer and should go get mad, right?

Have you tried changing your Download Region?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Kevin Bacon posted:

Smells like class action

that's right, Kevin Bacon

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

A class can be one person if you’re loud enough

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Jack Trades posted:

Have you tried changing your Download Region?

No but just worked on its own. Who knows.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

teethgrinder posted:

No but just worked on its own. Who knows.

had this yesterday or Friday on the deck only, lots of games stuck on startup with "downloading content" but some just updated and launched... eventually solved itself after some reboots :shrug:

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

StrixNebulosa posted:

e: INDIKA takes 48 gigs to install, uhhh

What the gently caress?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

So to the person who knows a lot about Tower of Time, what would you say the optimal party composition is? Playing on Normal. I'm reading this guy's guide and he's saying Kane and Maeve were never out of the party:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/617480/discussions/0/1646544348831671886/

Sounds like I might go with Kane/Maeve/Aeric/Boron. Only problem is I've been tanking Aeric's alignment in favor of Maeve.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

Phlegmish posted:

So to the person who knows a lot about Tower of Time, what would you say the optimal party composition is? Playing on Normal. I'm reading this guy's guide and he's saying Kane and Maeve were never out of the party:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/617480/discussions/0/1646544348831671886/

Sounds like I might go with Kane/Maeve/Aeric/Boron. Only problem is I've been tanking Aeric's alignment in favor of Maeve.

If you mean me, you might actually be the better judge for that nowadays as if you already have Boron on your team, you're probably already around where I am, as I play it quite slowly and sporadically (Ishin Like a Dragon has been occupying me lately).

It's a tricky question too because I initially couldn't stand Rakhem and booted him for Boron immediately, making my team Kane/Maeve/Aeric/Boron, but I've actually brought back Rakhem instead of Boron for a few fights here and there with a different build and he's growing on me: think I just misunderstood his strengths and gave him bad gear that depleted his movement speed which is critical to keep high as he is without any movement abilities like dashes or leaps.

Currently I'm sticking with a team of Kane/Maeve/Aeric with the last slot being free for experimentation: I'm treating Kane and Maeve as main characters so I don't get rid of them (silly I know, but it's just my style), Aeric is very unique is his utility powers and especially summons so I can't imagine getting rid of him any time soon, and that leaves the last slot. Feel free to be more experimental in replacing party members!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I noticed Ghost of Tsushima PC port will require a PSN account as well, but just for the multiplayer / online parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

FutureCop posted:

If you mean me, you might actually be the better judge for that nowadays as if you already have Boron on your team, you're probably already around where I am, as I play it quite slowly and sporadically (Ishin Like a Dragon has been occupying me lately).

It's a tricky question too because I initially couldn't stand Rakhem and booted him for Boron immediately, making my team Kane/Maeve/Aeric/Boron, but I've actually brought back Rakhem instead of Boron for a few fights here and there with a different build and he's growing on me: think I just misunderstood his strengths and gave him bad gear that depleted his movement speed which is critical to keep high as he is without any movement abilities like dashes or leaps.

Currently I'm sticking with a team of Kane/Maeve/Aeric with the last slot being free for experimentation: I'm treating Kane and Maeve as main characters so I don't get rid of them (silly I know, but it's just my style), Aeric is very unique is his utility powers and especially summons so I can't imagine getting rid of him any time soon, and that leaves the last slot. Feel free to be more experimental in replacing party members!

Oh no, I'm only halfway through the third level. Just thinking ahead, I don't want to waste upgrades on a character I'm going to end up benching anyway.

This seems to be one of those games where most people don't get very far. Only 22% has the achievement for beating the Gargoyle. To be honest, it took a while for it to click with me as well, as I had to reload pretty regularly during the first two levels. The game changer was realizing that yes, you really do need to engage with the crafting/upgrading/enchanting system if you want to be effective. Massive difference once I started doing that, now I'm winning most fights fairly easily, and it started to get fun.

I agree, I also tend to get attached to the first characters you get in games such as these, that's another reason I'm not going to swap out either Kane or Maeve. By the way, there is definitely something going on between the two. Maeve gets mad jealous whenever Kane gets too chummy with the Avatar.