Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Intruder posted:

Cody coming out at 30 even though they promoted that he'd be returning at the Rumble for a month was the dumbest thing

I genuinely expected Cody would have wanted to win from the #1 spot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

walter going bell to bell and cody coming out at 30 and winning is very funny. like he wasn't even a surprise entrant or anything

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Dacap posted:

I'm guessing they didn't do this because they didn't want to people winning from number one on the same night. Still, coming in at 30 is really silly for the hero babyface.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Dacap posted:

I honestly believe that they were afraid that if Cody had started at #1, there would've been a chance the crowd could have turned on him

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Dude is still coming back from injury, no way you risk him getting hurt again so you slot him at the end. It's not that hard to figure y'all. Plus as the babyface it gave him a huge hurdle to overcome the guy that was hossing it the entire rumble.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
It's going to be Owens and Sami for the tag titles at Wrestlemania, which is fine, but my idea that also gets the titles split up again would be for Sami to be in an Elimination Chamber match for the top titles at Extreme Rules, get beaten with minimal or no Bloodline interference, then for Cody to cut a promo on Raw after that saying that the title he cares about is the WWE title, and that iron sharpens iron and he wants there to be another major title in the WWE for him to pursue, and that he wants to be able to fight a champion at Survivor Series. So he's cashing in his shot at Wrestlemania and will fight Roman but only for the WWE title. He'll leave it to the folks in charge to figure out a good contender for the Universal Title. "I feel like you all might have some ideas there" *Cody smirks as the crowd chants Sami's name*.

Then ideally in my mind the storyline up to WM plays out in a way that Roman decides he wants to beat Cody without any help on WM night 1, then after Cody beats him we get ALL the bloodline out there for his match on WM night 2 with all the fun that involves. I'm sure Rock only wants to do WM if he can have a match, but having him kill the bloodline outside the ring to even the odds for Sami and raise Sami's hand after the match seems like a great way to use him if he wants to show up anyway. Ultimately hopefully you get a memorable Wrestlemania, two new champs, and a fun conclusion to the Roman era.

I feel like a move like that makes sense for Cody as a general person and a wrestling character more than it would for most. This also gives them a top champion to send over to the Saudi shows, which seems like something they gotta consider when thinking about possibly letting Sami beat Roman.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

NowonSA posted:

It's going to be Owens and Sami for the tag titles at Wrestlemania

Idk why people think they can confidently conclude this after a show in which one of the tag champs walked out on his partner

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

zimbomonkey posted:

I'm guessing they didn't do this because they didn't want to people winning from number one on the same night.

They could have not booked a front to back iron man in either one of the rumbles. Or, preferably, both of the rumbles.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
If I was booking, I'd actually randomize the entrants every year. If you're good you can build stories around whatever happens.

cauliflower_lemon
Jan 30, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

This fuckin guy ain’t posted since 2007. 17 years this guy ain’t posted and he threw all that out the drat window to post “The” in the 2023 royal rumble thread in 2024. That’s how hot “The” drat product is right now am I right my fuckin friend

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
Royal

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Really weird to read through all the Sami hope after the fact. Of course he was never gonna beat Roman

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Good thing Roman is no longer champ

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

THEY GON

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Epic.....

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

*sideshow bob voice*

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

the

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Acknowledge