Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Dexo posted:

At this point if Caleb beats the Packers once I'm building a statue.

I kind of wonder how people would feel about GB or Lefleur if the Bears didn’t gift them two wins drat near every year. They wouldn’t have been in the playoffs last year and would’ve been eliminated by week 16 the year before if the Bears could win just one drat game against them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
He's a very good coach. Last year was the first time we've really seen what he wants the offense to look like. It was choppy for the first half of the season due to young guy growing pains and injuries preventing any kind of continuity, but even then you could see what they were looking to accomplish.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Yeah I have no issues with LaFleur. My major criticism of him the last couple seasons (that he was soft) has largely been mitigated by how the Packers finished out last season and then came out playing for keeps against the Cowboys.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I feel like saying the bears were the reason Matt is looked as a good coach is weird after the playoff run the Packers had.

They butchered the cowboys and nearly beat the eventual NFC champions in a year when people expected them to be poo poo and in the beginning they were

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I think LaFleur is a top ten coach and maybe top five.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Thanks to the Lions and Bears posters who did their roster projections too! Really fun to read.

Also, I don't think most folks are putting the Packers above the third or fourth tier of teams for this upcoming season. Here's my ordering:

S tier (dynasties): Chiefs
A tier (championship contenders): 49ers, Lions, Ravens
B tier (puncher's chance contenders): Bengals, Bills, Cowboys, Eagles, Jets, Packers, Rams, Texans
C tier (playoff contenders): Bears, Browns, Bucs, Dolphins, Falcons, Jaguars, Seahawks, Steelers
D tier (puncher's chance at playoffs): Cardinals, Chargers, Colts, Saints, Vikings
F tier (regular season only): Broncos, Commanders, Giants, Patriots, Raiders, Titans
P tier (Panthers): Panthers

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Just an absolute murderers row and also JJ McCarthy.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Best division in football.

Should be a wild ride this year

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah it's great how everybody sucked out loud the entire time the Packers were on top and then the Lions were good for one year and everybody decides to start trying. :geno:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
To be fair the Vikings are at minimum gonna suck for a while.

Because I don’t think even the best expectations has JJ being good day 1

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

MJeff posted:

Yeah it's great how everybody sucked out loud the entire time the Packers were on top and then the Lions were good for one year and everybody decides to start trying. :geno:

Iron Sharpens Iron

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MJeff posted:

Well the packers didn't have to try. They could count on the Lions and one of the Bears and Vikings (or both) being trash every year.

So its not a surprise that these franchises woke up when the Lions did.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Vikings were good enough to win games and look good on offense with the trash QBs they had after Kirk got hurt

Darnold or JJ can run that offense to pretty decent success. Addison and JJ are so loving good

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I think there's a better chance that KOC gets Darnold on track than JJ taking over this year.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I forgot they had Darnold, gross

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Also it wasn’t that long ago the Vikings (albeit under another regime) made due with a Frankensteinian amalgamation of the likes of Case Keenum and Sam Bradford, might not make a turd sparkle but they can probably gussy Darnold up a little bit

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Dexo posted:

Vikings were good enough to win games and look good on offense with the trash QBs they had after Kirk got hurt

Darnold or JJ can run that offense to pretty decent success. Addison and JJ are so loving good

They went 3-6 post Cousins and the initial two wins were during Dobbs mania against the mighty Falcons and Saints. Their third win was the 3-0 travesty against the Raiders.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Hand Row posted:

They went 3-6 post Cousins and the initial two wins were during Dobbs mania against the mighty Falcons and Saints. Their third win was the 3-0 travesty against the Raiders.

I mean yeah but also averaging like 19-20 or so with Dobbs and Nick Mullens is loving miracle work

Both of those two two QBs are complete loving dogshit. It's more a representation of how bad those two QBs are. Which shows how much I respect KOC for getting the output I saw when watching the Vikings.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
I want Darnold to be good simply because the chaos/meltdowns that will occur if he’s at the helm and the Vikes beat any other team in this division will be very very funny

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Koc seems like a pretty good offensive coach. Like jjs a rookie and all but I expect koc to put him into position to succeed if nothing else

Unlike, say, Justin Fields first few starts (never forget).

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
My Top Five Coaches in the NFL in No Order:

LaFleur
Shanahan
Big Red
McVay
McDaniel

Essentially, get yourself an offensive genius, and you are pretty golden if they work well with your QB1.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

A Sneaker Broker posted:

My Top Five Coaches in the NFL in No Order:

LaFleur
Shanahan
Big Red
McVay
McDaniel

Essentially, get yourself an offensive genius, and you are pretty golden if they work well with your QB1.

This is Dan Campbell erasure

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Dexo posted:

Just an absolute murderers row and also JJ McCarthy.

J-owns :smith:

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Sataere posted:

This is Dan Campbell erasure

He just made the playoffs. Do it one more time and I’ll re-order. I also want to see him without Ben Johnson.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

A Sneaker Broker posted:

He just made the playoffs. Do it one more time and I’ll re-order. I also want to see him without Ben Johnson.

Don't get your hopes up.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

A Sneaker Broker posted:

This is a non-sarcastic question, based out of ignorance of Miami and their achievements, but what makes McDaniel over Campbell?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Vikings will be fine this season. Any reasonable fan sees this season as a pass with no expectations. Maybe Darnold pops and then he can go get a fat contract somewhere else next year. I don't think KOC will put McCarthy in until he is absolutely ready, which might not be this year. Even if they are sitting at 3-10, KOC will hold against the dumbfucks demanding JJ play for some reason.

Super Bowl window opens in 2025.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Comfortador posted:

This is a non-sarcastic question, based out of ignorance of Miami and their achievements, but what makes McDaniel over Campbell?

Probably because McDaniel is also essentially the OC and their offense was ridiculous

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Long Live the Big Savings

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Malaria posted:

Best division in football.

Should be a wild ride this year

i think the NFC North is going to be absolutely brutal and the standings are probably going to be very close, much closer than last season

(lions still gonna take it, though)

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Comfortador posted:

Mike McDaniel is essentially their OC and is their official play-caller. His offense is ridiculous and the fact he's doing this with Tua No-Arm-Talent-Vaiola is immediately impressive. I also have him high because multiple coaches from around the league have said he is a mad genius offensively, and the entire league will be piggy-backing whatever the hell he creates.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Mike McDaniel is essentially their OC and is their official play-caller. His offense is ridiculous and the fact he's doing this with Tua No-Arm-Talent-Vaiola is immediately impressive. I also have him high because multiple coaches from around the league have said he is a mad genius offensively, and the entire league will be piggy-backing whatever the hell he creates.

Makes sense, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009