Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Does "left out" mean something different to other people or is leaving perishable food unrefrigerated overnight and then eating it a thing people do?

goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Floodixor posted:

I guess fried rice is less prone to drying out vs white rice and if I'm eating Chinese food in the morning, yeah it'll be more a gaping maw situation and not "oh let's make a nice breakfast". I might not even be wearing pants in a gaping maw scenario

Leftover white rice is fail unless you use it to make fried rice imo

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

It's not "left out," it's "aged."

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Floodixor posted:

My question is that for Chinese food, what are you supposed to do with the old rice? Usually by the next day it's all dried out and not fun to eat.

Gotten lo mein instead

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Rice is best a day old and at room temperature LEGAL DISCLAIMER: DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES EAT ROOM TEMPERATURE RICE THAT HAS BEEN LEFT OUT ON THE COUNTER FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME. YOU COULD DIE!

Seth I didn’t read the spoiler because it’s a spoiler and now I read it and Seth I don’t feel well

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Floodixor posted:

My question is that for Chinese food, what are you supposed to do with the old rice? Usually by the next day it's all dried out and not fun to eat.

fry it with some meat and veggies. if its too dry add a sprinkle of water and some butter while you are frying it imo

i also do this frequently with indian leftovers. just dice up some chicken tikka and bell peppers and fry it with leftover rice its awesome

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Cut apples that have turned brown I love that nasty rear end fruit.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Nooner posted:

mix the old rice into the leftover eggdrop soup for a nice breakfast porridge

egg drop soup tastes like farts

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

That's alright; I eat rear end.

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice

Government Handjob posted:

Lapskaus (lobscouse) is really good after spending the night in the fridge.

I posted this while at a union assembly and immediately got the hankering for lapskaus. I was delighted to find out that was exactly what we were getting for dinner so now I'm full up on skaus and flat bread.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
cold mac and cheese is tasty but im fuckin gross

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Leftover BBQ ribs are delicious, re-heating fucks them up.

Same for steak.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

best way to eat cold leftover steak is slice it up and put it on a sandwich

however i would not say that that is the "best" way to experience steak overall.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
What's so wrong with microwaving leftovers anyway?

:hmmyes:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Earwicker posted:

best way to eat cold leftover steak is slice it up and put it on a sandwich

however i would not say that that is the "best" way to experience steak overall.

As a salad topper is pretty good too

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Does "left out" mean something different to other people or is leaving perishable food unrefrigerated overnight and then eating it a thing people do?
If your pizza or fried chicken isn't shelf stable you're getting ripped off.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Roundup Ready posted:

Gotten lo mein instead

always get lo mein. always.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Leftover fried chicken is better than fresh fried chicken, but put that poo poo in the fridge.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
room temperature pizza that had been left in the box on the kitchen counter from last nights festivities. consumed on teh couch with a cold beer watching morning college/nfl football.

:feelsgood:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
If your body can’t handle a pizza left out overnight you gotta beef da hell up imo

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

If your body can’t handle a pizza left out overnight you gotta beef da hell up imo

If I so much as look at a taco bell burrito I poo poo my pants and puke immediately!!!
:goonsay:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

definitely not oatmeal unless you got a thing for eating concrete

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

lifehack, instead of cooking your food and eating it after it gets cold, simply eat that chicken breast raw, saves time and money and you're no more likely to get sick

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Just skip the middleman and eat trash and or dirt imo

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Compost is an excellent source of calories.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Old fried chicken sucks, it's really only good less than like 20 minutes after it leaves the fryer, otherwise it becomes super hard and scrapes the gently caress out of the roof of your mouth

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Toxic Mental posted:

Old fried chicken sucks, it's really only good less than like 20 minutes after it leaves the fryer, otherwise it becomes super hard and scrapes the gently caress out of the roof of your mouth

It turns into the bread from Panera??

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
Cabbage rolls, gently caress do I want some cold leftover cabbage rolls. Oh poo poo Easter is coming up, I am in luck.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

run on sentience posted:

Cabbage rolls, gently caress do I want some cold leftover cabbage rolls. Oh poo poo Easter is coming up, I am in luck.

Heard the minor subforums will be merged into GBS on Easter so you're in for double the treat

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Toxic Mental posted:

I think you’ve been eating Cap’n Crunch.

Scrapes the roof of your mouth? :wtf:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
white castle sliders.
not the microwaved ones you buy at the grocer.

real ones from the restaurant.
get a 10-sack, eat like 3-4 for dinner, put the rest in the fridge overnight.

and eat it in the morning. room-temperature is fine too.
it turns into a single entity of a slider

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

GateOfD posted:

get a 10-sack, eat like 3-4 for dinner

This requires a monk like level of personal discipline and restraint to the point I dont believe a goddamn word out of your lying mouth.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Crave case at 1AM or nothing

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Crave case at 1AM or nothing

Emergency sprint/waddle to bathroom at 6am to "pray and spray".

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

They're sliders cuz they slide in and then slide out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

In my experience they slide in and leave like birdshot out of the barrell of a sawed off shotgun