Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf0_KQQeTjc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I got like 320~ pages in before I tapped out. I'll probably try again at some point. I liked a lot of the ideas that were presented, I think about that chapter where the grandfather Incandenza is talking about how all machines are built with an intention of use including the human body all the time.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I am Swiss

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
John Wayne (no relation)

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
My favorite book

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

as a good feminist i will not read infinite jest

General_Malaise
Dec 28, 2004

Try the clams... I insist.
College Slice
Ask me to commit a crime...

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

there should be a Couch to 5K-style program but for reading this book. I borrowed a copy from a friend 100 years ago but every time I look at how loving big it is I'm like oof ouch ow

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Doc Fission posted:

there should be a Couch to 5K-style program but for reading this book. I borrowed a copy from a friend 100 years ago but every time I look at how loving big it is I'm like oof ouch ow

:hmmno:

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
please cite the exact page & paragraph that justifies the forehead bandana as either utility or style; poor explanations such as "axel rose is famous and some people like him?" or "i'm a sweaty tennis dude" will not be accepted. There has to be a plausible reason for it somewhere in these records, god drat

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
They are comfy and keep your hair clean don’t be a hater

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

did anyone actually order Steeply to dress as a woman or was it just his own thing, done because he thought it was expected?

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
As far as I remember it was all of his own initiative

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

E Depois do Adeus posted:

as a good feminist i will not read infinite jest

But will you eat it

treat posted:

please cite the exact page & paragraph that justifies the forehead bandana as either utility or style; poor explanations such as "axel rose is famous and some people like him?" or "i'm a sweaty tennis dude" will not be accepted. There has to be a plausible reason for it somewhere in these records, god drat

I did the bandana thing for a while but in my defense I had had a surgical procedure on my head and was missing some hair.

The fact that I look just like budget DFW and also grew up in central Illinois notwithstanding

Heath fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Apr 6, 2023

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

I really like the scene where the entire tennis school has a movie night. idk why it just felt cozy in a way DFW can do but doesn't do a lot in IJ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Doc Fission posted:

there used to be an event called... Infinite Summer(?) where people do a group read every summer. IIRC the first was in 2009, first summer after his death. I participated and it was my second read-thru and I enjoyed the book a lot more with group discussion