Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
A multi-book YA science fiction series by Richard Roberts, narrated by Emily Woo Zeller, and Penelope Graham.

https://www.audible.com/series/Plea...79-40e176d0a225

:iia:

It's the modern world, but with the addition of mutant/super powers! The original series of (all first-person perspective) novels follows the junior-high life of one Penelope "Penny" Akk, and her two best friends: Claire Lutra, and Ray Viles. The series is player expanded with a standalone prequel, and two post-Penny standalone novels following two new protagonists, all taking place in a rather interesting take on Los Angeles. This is a world where there are heroes, villains, ancient societies with actual magic, a a supers "community", where secret identities are taken Very Seriously™. The first and third books have been my favorites for a while, and I've listened to them multiple times. The whole series is fun, sometimes emotional, a little romantic, socially progressive, and with stakes that never get TOO high for kids to handle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
These books are fun, A+ would write a book report about them. I like the concept of a society with superpowers going like "ok so kids can have superpowers too, and they're gonna use them because they're kids. If anybody fucks around too hard with the kids we'll make sure they find out." Nice vibes.