Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

I thought ham was already cured meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Internetjack posted:

My brother lived in Spain with his Spanish wife for 3 years. Visiting with MIL and other family friends on a regular basis led him to the question. How long has that ham been sitting there? A couple of days ago it was a full cut of ham, and now they are back to visit 3 days later and its a quarter of a ham. He directly asked the MIL if it been sitting out the whole time and the answer was, "yes!"

He also saw the same thing in friend's and neighbor's homes.

He finally ate some 3 day old ham, sitting on the cutting board the whole time and found it to be delicious. Didn't get sick/food poisoning.

The magic of ham.

PS Do not do this if you don't know how to cook the ham properly.

jamon serrano isnt cooked at all, it's dry-cured. thats why you can leave it out for a long time. if you left cooked ham out it would go bad much quicker.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
there is a joke about how to shim a worn out vagina that involves a 10 pound bone-in boiled ham. it is a really horrible joke.

there is a follow up joke about pulling a ham string that is even worse.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Goons carefully refrigerating beef jerky

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Duck and Cover posted:

Slices of https://www.thefreshmarket.com/products/spiral-sliced-honey-ham-oo they sell in the prepared food section. It's good but not something I'm going to eat after sitting on the counter for 2 and and a half hours.

Okay so like this is incredibly expensive luxury rear end ham, but I've got the exact same stuff in my fridge because it's loving good

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Did anyone say rum ham yet?

Rum ham.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

Did anyone say rum ham yet?

Rum ham.

ham rum

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

ikanreed posted:

Okay so like this is incredibly expensive luxury rear end ham, but I've got the exact same stuff in my fridge because it's loving good

I was wrong it was

The Fresh Market Carving Ham With Maple Bacon Glaze. Instacart says $13/lb so I'm going to go with "not the cheapest ham but by no means super luxury ham".

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 15, 2023

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

this is the funniest post in the thread

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Surely the rum will kill any bacteria

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

Surely the rum will kill any bacteria

:hmmyes:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I always laughed at MST3K when they brought up hamdnigers. Simpler times.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

If you had evolved to consume mostly a carrion diet, you'd have a higher concentration of acid in your stomach to destroy bacteria and no problem eating rotten ham

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Chase the rotten ham with a cup of apple cider vinegar, it's good for you!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Colonel Cancer posted:

Chase the rotten ham with a cup of apple cider vinegar, it's good for you!

I am pretty sure the rotten ham isn't going anywhere

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

I always laughed at MST3K when they brought up hamdnigers. Simpler times.

I uh.. I don't know the reference but I feel like combining pork with racial slurs probably isn't correct?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Oh shoot. Awful typo. It's Hamdinger.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

I uh.. I don't know the reference but I feel like combining pork with racial slurs probably isn't correct?

:getout:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

When I quoted this you were talking about MST3k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

numberoneposter posted:

OP is gonna end up on that youtube doctor guy explaining how people eat things and have organ failure

lol I love chubby emu