Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Endorph posted:

thats not really an experiment thats always been a thing

and idk firefly feels way less chained to her lc than some other recent units

It's weirdly underwhelming if anything. Jade's LC has 16% Crit Rate and 64% DMG boost + 16% DEF ignore that are both easy to trigger, while Firefly gets 60% BE and a conditional, backloaded 15% DMG taken plus 15% SPD debuff? You might genuinely prefer Misha's LC just for the Crit Rate buff.

I'm fully expecting Firefly's LC to get a bit of a rework tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm fine not getting Jade's lc because I have Jing Yuan's, and it's still pretty cracked.

I might wish I had Boothill's, but I need Topaz's more.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
The erudition cone is coming to Herta's store too but the leak info is missing something like how its effect stacks. (It's in the form of crit damage on fua/ult and then some attack percent for attacking a broken target)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

also firesam uses the same destruction mats as jingliu and misha and the same fire mats as gallagher, so the only thing you cant prefarm for her right now are the weekly boss mats. (whichll be available in 2.2) happy hunting

hooray!!!

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

Firefly's light cone seems specifically tailored for HTB's Super Break damage. HTB can effectively enable Quad-DPS comps, since Super Break lets Ruan Mei, Break Asta, and Gallagher do big damage numbers in their own rights, and her LC's damage increase would buff it for the whole team. The speed reduction can also let them squeeze in an extra attack before they recover. Lasting 2 turns lets the debuff last through RM's break extension as well.

It does seem like it'd lose a ton of value if you want to put her in any other teams, like a more standard Crit-Hypercarry team with Bronya/Sparkle.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I guess it's possible to just not build crit at all on her, and just go all in on ATK. Then you just consider that massive 580% multiplier being the same as like, Kafka's 290% DOT triggering twice? Or a 290% multiplier with a 100%/200% crit value. Then you just staple her to Harmony TB at all times to squeeze more value out of her BE.

But I'm kinda skeptical about always pairing her with Harmony TB since Boothill testing has already kinda showed that Harmony TB does have some awkwardness when you're not fighting Imaginary-weak enemies, being that they're too backloaded when they can't contribute any toughness damage themselves. I'm not sure if it isn't better to just go the crit route, even if you can't get very high crit value with her.

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
So Jade won't really find a home on an all IPC team (Ratio, Topaz, Aventurine)?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Daner T posted:

So Jade won't really find a home on an all IPC team (Ratio, Topaz, Aventurine)?

Aventurine is probably good synergy since he does a lot of aoe attacks, but follow-ups come a distant second to aoe in her kit.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
At first blush she does not seem to be immediately good in the IPC team but it also depends on encounter design. If it's a fight with annoying adds that you don't want to blow Ratio and Topaz on you can put her buff on Aventurine and use his FUA to build stacks for her own FUA to clear out the sides while still benefiting from Numby's debuff on the main target.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I kind of doubt she will ever be "good" outside of PF. She is very optimized to fight swarms of weaklings. Like, in that situation you describe you'd probably be better off bringing a buffer or something.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Himeko Topaz is a legit team in MoC so I don't see how this is any different.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Because she's far more optimized for aoe than Himeko?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

So? Do Himeko, Topaz, Jade.

One thing I like about Jade is that she doesn't consume a lot of skill points and hopefully just generates sp.

I think she's going to be great in Pure Fiction, but I think she'll be fine in MoC. It depends on what her final numbers look like.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Jade seems like she could work well with Jing Yuan since he hits everyone with his skill and ult and lightning lord.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Bad Video Games posted:

So? Do Himeko, Topaz, Jade.

One thing I like about Jade is that she doesn't consume a lot of skill points and hopefully just generates sp.

I think she's going to be great in Pure Fiction, but I think she'll be fine in MoC. It depends on what her final numbers look like.

We are once again back to "you'd be better off bringing a buffer" territory. Even Asta or Tingyun will easily add more damage to that team, that's not even in question. Like, use whatever team you want, it's your game, but that doesn't mean she will be good at things she is not good at.

Of course, they can always tweak her numbers during beta, but I don't think she was ever meant to replace a Harmony?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

That said, one thing that remains unclear about Jade's kit is how she generates energy. She has a fairly expensive ult (140), and unlike most dps is stuck doing basic attacks 3/4 of the time. Which is good for SP efficiency, but pretty bad for energy; she'd need a whopping 6 actions to get an ult. Which leaves the bulk of her energy generation to her follow-ups, probably? But you're only triggering those once every 3-4 turns outside of AOE situations (even with 2 targets and both her and her teammate hitting both every time, it would take 2 actions each). Of course, she might just have a basic attack that generates more than normal, anything's possible.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 5, 2024

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Her basic is an aoe hit, so it probably generates 20 + 5(number of hits). Something like that? She might even be a good candidate for the 3 star cone that generates energy. It's not horrible on Argenti in the right conditions.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Most AOE attacks do not generate extra energy per target, but it's true that it can work however the hell they want it to.

The 3* cone would probably not be great since it only works when using a skill, which she literally cannot do on 3/4 of her turns.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Hadn't looked at the cone in a while so I forgot that part.

As for her energy, I'm sure it'll come out in the beta. Maybe they'll modify a trace or talent to address that. I'd rather she get more energy as a major trace than the 50% advance forward, but I might be alone in that. I'm really looking forward to getting Jade so I hope she's at least usable outside of Pure Fiction.

If you want a Harmony support for team IPC, just get Robin. That's literally what she's made for. I think Jade will be a decent addition to that team, with the caveat that you have Topaz's and Aventurine's lightcones to enable Ratio. But you need those cones to have a Harmony on that team as well, unless you like gambling on Ratio's follow-up.

I also think she'll be a great addition to Quinque mono Quantum if the enemy is weak to that element. Jade, Sparkle, QQ, and Fu/Lynx would probably go hard.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The 50% start of battle advance is obviously so she can place her buff before anyone else acts, and effectively gives her a free (half) turn to make up for the penalty of wasting her turn on a buff.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Jade looks very PF oriented. I didn't expect her FuA to take 8 stacks, which is a lot. I thought it'd be 5 to push her. I'm not super enthused about rolling a PF only unit.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I'm just sayin I think she'll be able to get you 36 in MoC just fine.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

In the sense that literally anyone can, at least. Honestly, it's probably too early to judge, but her numbers look like crap to me.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

She does kind of need her e1. Hoyo has been pretty good about ironing out some of these weird things in beta, so I'm confident most of the edges will be smoothed over.

Honestly, if I could afford Robin and Boothill, then I might pivot. Since I can't, it's Boothill, and maybe I skip 2.3.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Her FUA does more damage than Himeko's with an easier trigger, her Ult does more damage than Himeko's and then it massively buffs her FUA. The only advantage Himeko has is that her skill does twice as much damage as Jade's basic which, I mean, it's a skill vs a basic. Plus she ramps up towards a free 25% ATK and 150% cdmg I think she's going to be pretty nutty in PF and alright elsewhere.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Her FUA has a harder trigger than Himeko's outside of aoe situations, and deals less damage unless you ult first, except you can't ult because she generates no energy. She also can't build up crit damage stacks unless she uses her FUA, which she can't do outside of aoe situations. Oh, and not only can she not use skills to deal damage (and her basic attack is weaker single target than an ordinary basic attack, lol), she has to waste every 4th action refreshing a buff that's basically Tingyun's buff except way worse.

Oh and unlike Tingyun she actually needs good gear to function.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 22:42 on May 5, 2024

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eej posted:

Her FUA does more damage than Himeko's with an easier trigger, her Ult does more damage than Himeko's and then it massively buffs her FUA. The only advantage Himeko has is that her skill does twice as much damage as Jade's basic which, I mean, it's a skill vs a basic. Plus she ramps up towards a free 25% ATK and 150% cdmg I think she's going to be pretty nutty in PF and alright elsewhere.

I think we're on the same page here. I just wish her e1 was part of her base kit, and I hope it gets moved there before release. Let her get 2 charges every time instead of 1. Considering the power level of Acheron, Boothill, and Sam, I really don't think that would be too overpowered. It would basically let her follow-up every turn, which I think is pretty reasonable.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Also Jade isn't the same element as Topaz, which is the only reason that Himeko combo even slightly works.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Clarste posted:

Her FUA has a harder trigger than Himeko's outside of aoe situations, and deals less damage unless you ult first, except you can't ult because she generates no energy. She also can't build up crit damage stacks unless she uses her FUA, which she can't do outside of aoe situations. Oh, and not only can she not use skills to deal damage (and her basic attack is weaker single target than an ordinary basic attack, lol), she has to waste every 4th action refreshing a buff that's basically Tingyun's buff except way worse.

Oh and unlike Tingyun she actually needs good gear to function.

You wouldn't bring Himeko to a purely single target fight so I don't know why Jade is being compared to that situation here. I'm talking about like 3+ target cleave fights or 2 elites with lots of lovely adds you'd rather clear but not explicitly focus down.

That being said I would absolutely take 30 speed over 55% ATK idk why you'd call it way worse.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I was imagining a two target fight. There are certainly MoC bosses that are aoe situations (deer, bugs, Argenti, etc), but the more recent ones (meme, Sam, Aventurine) are not.

Maybe that'll change by 2.3, who knows?

Clarste fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 5, 2024

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

There's also decent synergy with Blade. Makes me wish I had him.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Well apparently there's going to be a triple elite fight (spoiler for future encounters?) coming up in the next patch so that might be time to reassess.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

With the new mode being released, I imagine MoC will regress to more, but weaker, enemies. Enough to differentiate it from the other modes, at least.

kittenchops
Jul 24, 2013

Endorph posted:

thats not really an experiment thats always been a thing

and idk firefly feels way less chained to her lc than some other recent units

Then what's going on with Arle's sig weapon? I don't remember other weapons having specific special effects like her scythe.

Otherwise I'm sure it has been done with HI3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
HI3 is something else entirely. Weapons are just extensions of a character's kit and you basically need them for full functionality. To the point that they changed the weapon + stigma banner in Part 2 so that you're rolling specifically for the weapon and you will guaranteed get all the stigmas on the way to Weapon pity (a stigma's pity used to be the same value as the weapon's).