Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."

mystes posted:

Is it possible that you've unlocked less on switch and that's making it harder or something?

Possibly! but also what another person said, could also be that the switch is behind on the update, but i also had 3 wins before the last update so !!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

:hmmyes:

e: amazing

Phone fucked around with this message at 22:40 on May 5, 2024

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
didn't know there was a stats tab - mine is very skewed from having already played the game a bunch leading up to release.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
STRAIGHTS

GAYS, ASSEMBLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS9OO0S5w2k

Fun as hell no BS run. Made it to Ante 11 with these fabulous clowns.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
For those of you who have a lot of uncommon/rare jokers in your top-used cards, do you take the "next store contains an uncommon/rare joker" tags pretty often?

I tended to avoid those until they were patched to become free, but it's still often a tough choice.

My most-used jokers are mostly commons, specifically ones that are useful in the early game (especially Gros Michel and Misprint).

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
All of my 10 are common lol I don't know how you all are doing that

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The Jokers statistic is interesting, it's a little misleading. You have to win the round after you take it, and all kinds of things affect that. You could sell it, lose the round, the dagger eats it, Gros Michel expires, or you go on a rampage with it a few times.

For example mine doesn't show Egg even though I always take it, because I usually have the ceremonial dagger eat it. And the dagger itself isn't on there because I lose with it :downsgun:! But it does show Hologram as the lead because one time I went forty rounds with it.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 23:22 on May 5, 2024

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

WhiteHowler posted:

For those of you who have a lot of uncommon/rare jokers in your top-used cards, do you take the "next store contains an uncommon/rare joker" tags pretty often?

I tended to avoid those until they were patched to become free, but it's still often a tough choice.

My most-used jokers are mostly commons, specifically ones that are useful in the early game (especially Gros Michel and Misprint).

It's # of rounds completed with. It's basically like how deep do you go with a specific joker?

If Blueprint comes up, I'm not selling it.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

The commons in common (laff) that have been posted are Fortune Teller, Scholar, and Abstract. All three of them are good value and scale in some regard.

e: I didn't post my Tarots...

Phone fucked around with this message at 23:28 on May 5, 2024

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

CJacobs posted:

The Jokers statistic is interesting, it's a little misleading. You have to win the round after you take it, and all kinds of things affect that. You could sell it, lose the round, the dagger eats it, Gros Michel expires, or you go on a rampage with it a few times.

For example mine doesn't show Egg even though I always take it, because I usually have the ceremonial dagger eat it. And the dagger itself isn't on there because I lose with it :downsgun:! But it does show Hologram as the lead because one time I went forty rounds with it.

That makes a lot of sense, Baron is very high on my stats even though I've only taken it twice because both of those runs went deep into Endless mode and I usually just don't play endless.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

WhiteHowler posted:

I play on the baby difficulty and just simply choose not to take most of the early game jokers that aren't econ and instead focus on finding a red/purple sealed card or a polychrome one that I can make 50 copies of. that's not to say that I never take any of the early game jokers, as I'll often end up with one to guarantee round 1 crushes to keep econ up. the way the stats are calculated are based on rounds held, and I regularly get to blind 12 (see baby difficulty). So while I'll hold that jolly joker for like, 3-9 rounds in a run, it's rarely ever just the jolly joker and just whichever one I end up with before replacing it with an endgame piece that I actually want, which I end up holding for 3-5x longer than whatever random early game joker I picked up. I consider the aces joker to be good from round 2 well into ante 10 because you can get the full pemdas benefit from it from any position on the board, meaning your copy joker stack isn't getting hosed with.

I never skip blind. It's probably a bit of a weakness in my game tbh, as I'm hardstuck on blind 14. There's probably a sweet spot where you're meant to skip ante 1 blinds in favor of 25 gold for the instant econ but missing a shop is a very harsh drawback imo. I never even look at the blind skip rewards so it's going to be a very hard habit to break sadly

mystes
May 31, 2006

Tonetta posted:

I never skip blind. It's probably a bit of a weakness in my game tbh, as I'm hardstuck on blind 14. There's probably a sweet spot where you're meant to skip ante 1 blinds in favor of 25 gold for the instant econ but missing a shop is a very harsh drawback imo. I never even look at the blind skip rewards so it's going to be a very hard habit to break sadly
The patch made skipping a LOT better. The tags that made jokers appear weren't that good before since you still had to buy the joker if you wanted it, but now that they're free they're much better. Also, on the stakes where there's no reward for the small blind, I think you probably want always want to skip at least the first small blind (or start again until it has a decent tag) because the tags are generally going to be better than the money from unused hands (and also the second small blind if you still don't have any way to improve joker stats or cards during the blind).

Basically if you still aren't even looking at the tags you're missing out on a lot now.

mystes fucked around with this message at 00:17 on May 6, 2024

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

I'm skipping all over the place, if I don't land in ante 2/3 with something that interests me I'm tapping that steam deck button that I've bound to R baby and skipping all over again

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Rerolls

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Hell yeah roll the dice

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

TwoStepBoog posted:

The wheel of fortune is not happy with me--that's okay, I'll still keep buying that garbage.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

Abstract is just such an easy base mult Joker, it's hard not to take it. The only really weird ones are Card Sharp and Constellation, but I suppose if I grab em during a run, I'll hold on to them forever.

Definitely moved towards preferring deck modification in my Tarot setup, with a hefty side of increasing overall tarot card/money accumulation when possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Power of Pecota posted:

drat I wish I saw Blueprint that much

I'm talking about specifically for black deck gold stake, where if you double skip you probably die immediately

You can get 600 points in 3 hands with no jokers, if you die, you die, reset and move on.