Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I'm with the camp that wants him to come back as a lowbie nobody who gets to see exactly where his attitude gets him without literal divine providence in his corner.

Adam as the sort of guy that the barbed wire rear end guy would look down on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I keep telling ya, Adam's totally Vegeta material.

And I still get the vibe that for all intents and purposes, he's basically Heaven's version of an Overlord.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

I think we're all amped to see this guy who was out one shotting demons like Alastor slumming it among the people he used to slaughter.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I kinda want him to do that thing where someone lovely goes to therapy and learns to use therapy words to be even more lovely, but at the same time I'd be equally down for Adam becoming the ultimate proof of concept for the idea of redemption.

If the show's thesis is everyone can change to be better and everyone has nuance, but we never see the people being lovely 'live' ever doing so or having their nuance explored, it kinda takes the show's themes out at the knees. Kill your inner Lute.

Also I think having a bigoted rear end in a top hat like Adam realise he sucks, how he sucks and why he sucks and deciding not to be that way anymore would piss off all the kinds of people who complain about the show being too woke and pretend Adam is morally correct to kill sinners (they're out there, trust me).

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Pyrotoad posted:

I kinda want him to do that thing where someone lovely goes to therapy and learns to use therapy words to be even more lovely, but at the same time I'd be equally down for Adam becoming the ultimate proof of concept for the idea of redemption.

If the show's thesis is everyone can change to be better and everyone has nuance, but we never see the people being lovely 'live' ever doing so or having their nuance explored, it kinda takes the show's themes out at the knees. Kill your inner Lute.

Also I think having a bigoted rear end in a top hat like Adam realise he sucks, how he sucks and why he sucks and deciding not to be that way anymore would piss off all the kinds of people who complain about the show being too woke and pretend Adam is morally correct to kill sinners (they're out there, trust me).

I've already had their videos in my feed. With such scalding hot takes such as sex is supposed to only be good for person (spoilers it's the dude). Shocker they're also hardcore Christian channels.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
I want the show to double-down on the theme that nobody knows why some people end up in Heaven and others in Hell. I'd like to see, maybe, Adam meet with a demon, bond with them then find out that the demon has no idea why they're in Hell, they didn't do anything particularly bad when they were alive, then the demon is killed and it sends Adam into an existential crisis. Like, he suddenly realises that out of everyone he's ever met in Heaven none of them had a clue why they were there either, and he starts raging against the system.

There's been speculation in this thread that Lute was a Nun or someone considered highly sacred, but I'd love it to turn out she was like a Librarian or something, she was nobody particularly divine on Earth but she's become a zealot defending a system that's rewarded her for reasons she's given up wanting to know.

I don't necessarily want to see Adam align with Charlie and the rest of the Hotel, but it would be great to see him as an outside influence.

Adrianics fucked around with this message at 12:02 on May 2, 2024

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I think there's a strong implication that the Exorcists are mainly Adam's fault, since he seems like the most likely person to have got into Heaven through an early-access loophole and since he seems like exactly the sort of person who would create an army of beautiful, virtuous women and turn them into genocidaires. Dude's got abusive cult leader vibes out the wazoo.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Adam's also got the vibes of someone who's been the golden child way too long. Literally!

Also funny how there seems to be a theme that nobody who's somebody in Hell, or even Heaven, seems to be someone particularly famous or prominent in life (besides Adam, for obvious reasons). Probably a very good idea to not feature any real life people in Heaven or Hell, of course, but what's seen and suggested of the Overlords is that none of them are people who were particularly prominent in life; Vox has the techbro attitude but he long predates them, and on the flipside those two billionaire scientists seem to be relatively humbled even if they basically became fully fledged supervillains on arrival in Hell. Material and inherited privilege and status don't mean much after death, the great equaliser, though useful skills are useful skills anywhere, especially ones that seem to translate well to infernal magic.

vvv: Oh absolutely, Adam is in it for kicks and looking good in front of the girls, Lute has genuine hatred and discipline.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 16:45 on May 2, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Lute actually feels like she could be more dangerous than Adam in the long run (he was just a sadist but with her it all seems weirdly personal).

On another note, they haven’t narrowed down when this month HB is slated to return yet have they?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I kind of want any possible Adam return to go different than most would.

If he returns, he’s got no costume, no real powers, no nothing, he’s just his regular looking self-stripped of everything that made him, him. He has nothing. Nothing but hate, anger and confusion over why he’s stuck like this.

I want to see him go on a journey akin to Zuko did in Airbender, he see’s the things he and the angels have done. He learns, yes, he’s done some very bad things and he should feel bad about it. He even makes a possible friend or two. Maybe a possible romance. As all this is going on we get to see his past, why he went the way he did.

I don’t believe he was ever given any parental guidance or care. He was the first man, he literally had to figure out a lot on his own. He was just made, throw out there and told to human. Him being given two women that were suppose to serve him giving him an ego and self-importance that doomed him. Aside from Lilith he never really gets told no, and his whims are indulged. A lot of his bad behavior excused since he’s the first and Heaven doesn’t make mistakes. Ergo, he is not making any mistakes.

Like I said, doomed to failure. Now in Hell he has a chance to actually change, and like Zuko he actually starts to make some good for the first real time in his life. This is the thing though, since the dawn of time Adam has been Adam, no matter what it’s near impossible for him to change. It’s who he has become, redemption, true change, it’s impossible. When the time comes, he’s back to being who he really is and it’s exactly what we’ve seen before. That’s the tragedy and fate of Adam. He can’t and won’t change.

Instead, he goes right back to who he really is. He's the anti-Zuko. He's Azula.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I keep telling ya, Adam's totally Vegeta material.

And I still get the vibe that for all intents and purposes, he's basically Heaven's version of an Overlord.

I kinda see it. adam is a piece of poo poo but alot of the reasoning is because he was first and also go grandfathered into heaven because of it, he was an idiot douche murdere(and maybe way way worse if you read into the text enough) but yeah.

The Last Call posted:

If he returns, he’s got no costume, no real powers, no nothing, he’s just his regular looking self-stripped of everything that made him, him. He has nothing. Nothing but hate, anger and confusion over why he’s stuck like this.

I want to see him go on a journey akin to Zuko did in Airbender, he see’s the things he and the angels have done. He learns, yes, he’s done some very bad things and he should feel bad about it. He even makes a possible friend or two. Maybe a possible romance. As all this is going on we get to see his past, why he went the way he did.

I don’t believe he was ever given any parental guidance or care. He was the first man, he literally had to figure out a lot on his own. He was just made, throw out there and told to human. Him being given two women that were suppose to serve him giving him an ego and self-importance that doomed him. Aside from Lilith he never really gets told no, and his whims are indulged. A lot of his bad behavior excused since he’s the first and Heaven doesn’t make mistakes. Ergo, he is not making any mistakes.

Like I said, doomed to failure. Now in Hell he has a chance to actually change, and like Zuko he actually starts to make some good for the first real time in his life. This is the thing though, since the dawn of time Adam has been Adam, no matter what it’s near impossible for him to change. It’s who he has become, redemption, true change, it’s impossible. When the time comes, he’s back to being who he really is and it’s exactly what we’ve seen before. That’s the tragedy and fate of Adam. He can’t and won’t change.

Instead, he goes right back to who he really is. He's the anti-Zuko. He's Azula.

same. I do kinda worry about the Roo stuff floating around. I kinda dont want some ultimate super monster of evil waiting in the wings, alot of stuff i have loved has done that and it usually is either undercooked or just hijacks the show.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Dapper_Swindler posted:

same. I do kinda worry about the Roo stuff floating around. I kinda dont want some ultimate super monster of evil waiting in the wings, alot of stuff i have loved has done that and it usually is either undercooked or just hijacks the show.

Roo may or may not be end game or there abouts, but she's suppose to be far into the future. So we won't see her yet.

Lots of stuff before that comes.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
If they play her off more as an inevitable force of nature that will always exist and people must learn to manage within themselves, it could work. It's if you defeat them and everything is fine and dandy again that that tends to fail hardest. Having a root of all evil that actively influences/manipulates the cast and doesn't simply present the evil option for people to freely choose also cheapens a lot of the villains. If the root of all evil forced them to do it, and they didn't stand a chance at resisting, how can we call them evil?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Pyrotoad posted:

If they play her off more as an inevitable force of nature that will always exist and people must learn to manage within themselves, it could work. It's if you defeat them and everything is fine and dandy again that that tends to fail hardest. Having a root of all evil that actively influences/manipulates the cast and doesn't simply present the evil option for people to freely choose also cheapens a lot of the villains. If the root of all evil forced them to do it, and they didn't stand a chance at resisting, how can we call them evil?

Mind you I'm just spitballing here but I feel like the best way to play Roo is to showcase she's the reason people in the HB/HH world are going to hell in droves and are dramatically worse than people IRL. She's been running amuck on earth since time immemorial with absolutely no check whatsoever. So the result is the human race is immeasurably worse for it. This gets tricky when you also factor in nobody knows what gets a person sent where but going by what we've seen of earth in HB humans are loving up pretty drat hard too. If I had to take a guess Roo is endgame but instead of converting her or making her realize spreading evil and misery is a a no-no she gets a big check to her influence. Essentially gets forced into a genuinely equal position with the forces of good. So while she's never going to be gone--it's literally impossible to remove her--her influence gets walked back enough to make earth salvageable. I mean that's what I'm guessing, she's not something that can be defeated only mitigated.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

The Last Call posted:

It'd be a really interesting dynamic to see Adam and Alistor reluctantly team up after fighting to the death, because I feel like A) They're both big schemers, albiet in different ways and B) they seem least likely to be redeemed out of all the main cast, again for different reasons.

Though Allistor still remains the show's biggest mystery as the end goal. I keep wavering between "well he's Viv's beloved OC so eventually he's going to be won over by the power of friendship" and "he seems to be someone who actually prefers damnation, and is a 'better to rule in hell'" type.

I would have said Cherri Bomb was also pretty unlikely to seek any kind of redemption seeing as how she was reintroduced as Angel's enabler, but it seems like she's probably going to replace Pentious as the second guest in the hotel now, so I guess we'll have to see how season 2 plays out.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Mind you, Cherri also always felt like she was a sincere and supportive friend to Angel who was only an enabler for lack of better options because holy poo poo they're in Hell. Healthy pleasures and chances to be better people weren't really on the table for either of them.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Darth Walrus posted:

Mind you, Cherri also always felt like she was a sincere and supportive friend to Angel who was only an enabler for lack of better options because holy poo poo they're in Hell. Healthy pleasures and chances to be better people weren't really on the table for either of them.

Yeah, Cherri never enabled his self destruction, just his temporary escape from his lovely life under Valentino's control.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
If anyone else likes listening to people talk for almost two hours I've been really enjoying this guy's reaction series to both Hazbin and Helluva Boss. Here's his latest for episode 7 of HB for example.

Shout out to the six hour video ranking Hazbin songs, also.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Spring merch is here and not one has Sir Pentious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeLozKdsdfk

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also we’re getting closer to the end of May, any ETA yet when the next Helluva Boss episode is supposed to drop?

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I've seen people theorize that since the ep is called Full Moon, it might drop whenever the day of the full moon is

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Happy Landfill posted:

I've seen people theorize that since the ep is called Full Moon, it might drop whenever the day of the full moon is

That'll be May 22nd/23rd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
But that's the same day Babymetal and Electric Callboy release their collaboration!