Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

No Butt Stuff posted:

I very much love the AFC west right now. Even when teams are dogshit (broncos, raiders, chargers) it’s a fight.

Just loving this specific part of my sports life because I get to experience a chiefs dynasty and I genuinely hope that my chargers friends get the same when we are done.

same, but gently caress the raiders for-ev-er

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
The Raiders have been mostly dogshit since the early 80's, the gently caress are y'all still holding a grudge for?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Black Sunshine posted:

The Raiders have been mostly dogshit since the early 80's, the gently caress are y'all still holding a grudge for?

I hate Denver more and my Dad does not understand.

He grew up watching Madden destroy the Chargers, I grew up watching Elway do it.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Yeah I grew up watching Elway winning a lot so they're my most hated team by far. The Chiefs are creeping up as a close second though for sure. The Chargers, well I just have such tremendous respect for Seau and LdT that it would take a LOT for them to get to the front of the line.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Black Sunshine posted:

mostly the fans

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

kiimo posted:

mostly the fans

That applies to every fanbase and at least we don't revel in racist chants at every game

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Of the four fanbases in this division, all if which I have experienced live:

Raiders fans: Delusional Cowboys fans of the AFC. Think every year is their year. Like to remind me about SB rings from the 70s.

Chiefs fans: arrogant with nothing to back it up. I haven't been to a Chargers/Chiefs game in the mahomes era, so this is all pre-Dynasty. Constantly considering themselves NFL Royalty, brag about SB 4 a lot. The Chop is racist.

Denver fans: Generally not knowledgeable about the nfl or their own team. Still think Tebow was great. Most think Drew Lock just needed a chance.

Chargers fans: insanely overrated their own teak every year and always want to build up mediocre players because they're funny on Twitter. Have absolutely no room to clown on anyone, yet still try.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
My team was good when I was growing up so I don’t hate anyone :cheers:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

gently caress Denver forever. No matter what.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Black Sunshine posted:

That applies to every fanbase and at least we don't revel in racist chants at every game

lol it was just a joke

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

If this subforum actually had the type of Raiders fans that are being referenced, I'd be too distracted squabbling with them to have time to properly be a hater on KC and the Broncos

Raider fan site forums/comments were uninhabitable poo poo holes of wall to wall delusional posters who thought every bad move of the Al Davis twilight was gonna be the one that sparked the 70s all over again

This forums resident delusional Raider fan is very charming by comparison

As far as the Chargers, it'll be interesting to see what kind of extended success is required to reignite that old loving feeling

Once they simultaneously experienced a lovely move (and inescapable mediocrity on the field), it really forced me to empathize more than anyone reasonably should for a division rival

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I got accused by a Raiders fan of "believing in Worthy like they believed in James Jett" which is some kind of weird inside out self-own considering he was an undrafted free agent

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

kiimo posted:

lol it was just a joke

It's all just a joke until a knife fight breaks out in the nosebleeds

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

James Jett had a sweet name for a gold medal Olympic sprinter, shame he wasn't very good at football!

And yeah I'd say that 99.9% of fans here in general are cool and chill people who are absolutely different from your average shithead fan from any random NFL team.

Raiders message boards are full of insanely delusional fans with ridiculous opinions and I have to assume it's the same for every fanbase. There's a guy on one forum that had an irrational hatred of Josh Jacobs because "he didn't score TDs" except he was like #2 in rushing TDs league wide over his Raider career or something similar so the goalpost shifted to "he's not a playmaker" which is dumb because Jacobs and Chubb were like #1 & #2 for broken tackles since being drafted. Dude eventually argued that DeAndre Washington was the better running back and a lot of you probably don't know who that is so yeah...

It's wild out there

Occasionally a fan of another team will pop in to say hello or bust balls in a lighthearted way and they get swarmed with assholes doing their thing and it's just lovely. I appreciate being able to have civil conversations and arguments with fans across the entire league, especially rival teams. If I ever popped into Chiefs planet or whatever and started talking about how I can't wait for Crosby to plant Mahomes into the turf again I'd probably be motherfucked into eternity and banned which is just silly. It ain't that serious.

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 23:08 on May 6, 2024

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Deandre Washington, of course, that’s who we traded away for Herm Edwards right

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
James Jett was awesome in Tecmo III. Thats my James Jett knowledge.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Pron on VHS posted:

Deandre Washington, of course, that’s who we traded away for Herm Edwards right

No, we drafted him in 2016 but it looks like you ended up with him 1 year and he provided 5 whole yards rushing!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Black Sunshine posted:

James Jett had a sweet name for a gold medal Olympic sprinter, shame he wasn't very good at football!

And yeah I'd say that 99.9% of fans here in general are cool and chill people who are absolutely different from your average shithead fan from any random NFL team.

Raiders message boards are full of insanely delusional fans with ridiculous opinions and I have to assume it's the same for every fanbase. There's a guy on one forum that had an irrational hatred of Josh Jacobs because "he didn't score TDs" except he was like #2 in rushing TDs league wide over his Raider career or something similar so the goalpost shifted to "he's not a playmaker" which is dumb because Jacobs and Chubb were like #1 & #2 for broken tackles since being drafted. Dude eventually argued that DeAndre Washington was the better running back and a lot of you probably don't know who that is so yeah...

It's wild out there

Occasionally a fan of another team will pop in to say hello or bust balls in a lighthearted way and they get swarmed with assholes doing their thing and it's just lovely. I appreciate being able to have civil conversations and arguments with fans across the entire league, especially rival teams. If I ever popped into Chiefs planet or whatever and started talking about how I can't wait for Crosby to plant Mahomes into the turf again I'd probably be motherfucked into eternity and banned which is just silly. It ain't that serious.

you wouldn't be banned but you would be told to drink antifreeze a lot which for whatever reason is the go-to insult there

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ross' way too early AFC West predictions:

Chiefs 12-5
Broncos 7-10
Chargers 7-10
Raiders 6-11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I hope we keep up the streak of everyone (not unreasonably) pegging the Raiders for 4th in the division and the Broncos/Chargers managing to gently caress it up and let them slip into 2nd or 3rd

if Payton avoids that fate with his current QB lineup, that's a low key coaching success even with a losing record