Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the only announcer i hate acts like young joe buck thinking he's witty and he just sucks. i don't know who it is. it might be steve something. he seems to be on 3-man booth crews mainly and he's the play by play guy but doesn't know much about football. will try to interject with really crappy obvious stuff like he's contributing whenever the other two guys with him are talking about plays or whatever. he doesn't get big games yet but he might in the future. watch out for whoever. some guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Cthulu Carl posted:

My day does get a little better when I hear Kevin Harlan announcing, just on the off chance he spots an animal or a fan running on the field

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6PdZob719k

Still maybe the beat NFL call except the breakdown of when thar pigeon got onto the field and joined the Raiders on a Kick off

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Benne posted:

My hot take is that NFL announcing has gotten extremely good in the past decade, to the point where there's very few people I'd consider actively bad. Even guys I used to hate, like Mark Schlereth, is now oddly charming as an old-school meathead.

To put it another way, I do not miss the days of Phil Simms/Dan Dierdorf/Joe Theismann making GBS threads up my TV every Sunday.

I think I agree with this. Even when Collinsworth is Collinsworthing all over the place it usually doesn’t rise to the level of actively interfering with my enjoyment of the game. Where I find announcing can still be really bad is in basketball. College basketball has guys like Dan Dakich who are incredibly smug despite knowing seemingly nothing about the game or the teams he’s covering, and the Van Gundy/Mark Jackson booth for the NBA was loving dire to the point that even Mike Breen couldn’t really save it.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Collinsworth/Tirico is probably the worst top network broadcast team by a country mile. I had the displeasure of having to listen to Mark Sanchez on an Eagles broadcast this year, he really is like C/D tier

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Freaquency posted:

I think I agree with this. Even when Collinsworth is Collinsworthing all over the place it usually doesn’t rise to the level of actively interfering with my enjoyment of the game.

While this is normally true, he was actively pissing me off during Sunday's Bears Chargers game. But the bar wouldn't relent to my continued requests to mute the feed.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Give Ross Tucker the big games imo

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Turbo nerd option is to sync the homer radio stream and mute the video

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Rectal Placenta posted:

Turbo nerd option is to sync the homer radio stream and mute the video

i just read an article i think on defector how about this is harder nowadays with streaming and delays and whatnot.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Give Ross Tucker the big games imo

Tucker called BAL@ARI last Sunday. I could not disagree more strongly.

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Tucker called BAL@ARI last Sunday. I could not disagree more strongly.

I wonder if during his commentary he would still compulsively sing “Miami dolphins, Miami dolphins” and “San Diego CHARgers!” literally every time he mentions either team by name like he does on his show.

Would still be better than Collinsworth.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

remember Dennis Miller: Football Commentator

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Alaois posted:

I refuse

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Alaois posted:

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

American women are happy they know at least one night where Mike Tirico will be busy for 4 hours and not potentially harassing them.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

FizFashizzle posted:

I’m convinced that Phil Simms era was just to put old people to sleep so they’d wake up during sixty minutes and never change the channel.

Steelers grinding out some 12-3 win against the bengals while phil struggled to talk and oh look it’s leslie stahl.

Time is a flat circle

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Who's the guy who did that terrible destroyed in seconds show. That dude was good in the booth. Dunno if he still commentates?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BlindSite posted:

Who's the guy who did that terrible destroyed in seconds show. That dude was good in the booth. Dunno if he still commentates?

Ron Pitts! and no i don't think he's called games in nearly a decade

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ron Pitts is still around, he just calls low-level games on CBS Sports Network and doesn't work full-time anymore.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I loved Gus Johnson da announcer. I was surprised when I randomly heard him doing college football and I think some pro football. I want him to do everything

https://youtu.be/y2TtyeXgYM8?si=Ik3du9mW7INu1abM

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I miss Gus on March Madness, but moving to FOX was undoubtedly great for his career. Big Noon Saturday is now one of the biggest ratings draws in college football, and he's front and center of that. Plus he does the Big East Tournament so he can still scratch that college basketball itch.

Benne fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Nov 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The biggest issue with Gus is he loving loooooves catchphrases and nicknames. Sometimes that results in play calls like "You got barbecue? And didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!" on a big hit. But sometimes it results in him trying all game to make something like "Maserati Marv" stick.

Dude loves himself some big plays and will orgasm from a super deep pass and a one-handed catch, so I respect it.