Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Sub-Actuality)

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

: Wake up on the beach

: Hit the Jecht Shot

: Win any Blitzball game

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I've given up on outmanoeuvring opponents in the arena and just replaced my arms with bazookas and ram straight into everything.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

rodbeard posted:

I've given up on outmanoeuvring opponents in the arena and just replaced my arms with bazookas and ram straight into everything.

Man, Blitzball sure has changed

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Tried a laser gun and shield on AC3 and all I got was running out of energy faster and next to no credits left. Time for FFX.
But yeah, I wanted to like AC3 because the whole theme and gameplay should be my jam but the money comes at a trickle and the starting AC unit is just trash. I am not sure if I am missing something, but, needs to be way more mobile or have way better defenses.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

qnqnx posted:

Tried a laser gun and shield on AC3 and all I got was running out of energy faster and next to no credits left. Time for FFX.
But yeah, I wanted to like AC3 because the whole theme and gameplay should be my jam but the money comes at a trickle and the starting AC unit is just trash. I am not sure if I am missing something, but, needs to be way more mobile or have way better defenses.

I've been reading a gamefaqs and apparently the big secret is "immediately sell your legs and buy better ones"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

I've been reading a gamefaqs and apparently the big secret is "immediately sell your legs and buy better ones"

this is the way for all the ACs Ive played.

something that helps with understanding part picking is that you dont sell parts at a loss. So every mission feel free to sell lots of poo poo and redesign your mech, bc you can just buy sell+buy everything back very easily if the new setup doesnt work.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

: Wake up on the beach

: Hit the Jecht Shot

Jecht ftw

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Steam deck does not play nicely with these screenshots sorry

: Beat the "Assault Crest Facility" mission
: Have a new or upgraded part in every slot
: Complete all Arena missions

game kicks rear end and I'm glad I finally played one of these, looking forward to trying some of the more modern ones as well. Feel like I should have more to say about it since it was my pick but I haven't played many games like it and don't really have much more to say. I don't know if I've missed the MOONLIGHT mission or what because I don't understand what missions pop up or why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

: Defeat Anima

Over 20 hours in on day 4. Yeah I guess I'm digging this game.