Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Has there been a single recorded instance in all of American history, very recent or otherwise, where there's been an actual "death to America" sign being held sincerely by anyone physically located in this country at a protest

Edit: it's really weird they didn't learn their lesson with Mitt Romney: don't brag about loving with dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
It's actually incredible how badly the right-wing has fumbled this situation
It should have been an easy lay-up for them
They finally had permission to criticize Israel without being seen as antisemitic for doing so
But they couldn't help themselves; they decided to once again use it as a vector to attack the left, which exposed how it's all just bad-faith bullshit

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Pants Donkey posted:

I was gonna say the man is probably getting up there in years, but he's only 64 which is younger than I thought.

Nah, it was (deserved) snark about me double-posting the Ramirez one under Luckovich' name, hence the edit on my post.

Anyway, trust A.F. Branco to have the worst one yet about the whole Noem shooting her dog thing:

Al Goodwyn

Chip Bok

Gary Varvel

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Breen

Tom Stiglich

Skios fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 3, 2024

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Rowe:

Wilcox:

Katauskas:

Knight:

Anthony Albanese plays down claims from women's rally organiser he lied about invitation to speak (ABC). And really the Scott Morrison moment that springs to my mind is when he avoided his women's rally and instead said they were lucky they were in a country where they weren't shot.

Lethbridge:

Queenslanders will get a $1000 energy rebate paid by coal royalties.

Leak, Son of Leak:

UCC = University Chancellors Council.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Chip Bok’s art style continues to improve.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

E: Beaten and joke's not funny twice

Instead I'll just note that I'm pleasantly surprised Branco seems to be the only one going all in on murdering puppies

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Skios posted:

Nah, it was (deserved) snark about me double-posting the Ramirez one under Luckovich' name, hence the edit on my post.

Anyway, trust A.F. Branco to have the worst one yet about the whole Noem shooting her dog thing:

God I just absolutely love the tactic of "Have a Loony Liberal scream and point a finger at the calm Conservative Hero" with admitted puppy-killer Kristi Noem. Like goddamn, of all the situations I would advise not going full calmhitler.jpg about.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
the "noem/abortion" thing is a perfect example of the conservative "you support A but not B which are the same thing: you are a hypocrite whereas i support B but not A making me right :smuggo:"
even if you concede that they are both the same i would be just as disgusted if a person had an abortion for such cavalier reasons as noem killed that dog and would judge that person harshly as well. the difference is i wouldn't be running to the government to make everyone else live to my moral standards. i can disagree with something while still thinking it's not the government's business.
but no: "you're mad about [event] but what about [whole rear end issue]??" as if you're making a good point

also nice use of "calmhitler.jpg" branco "wow so you're mad i killed a dog? looks like you got some growing up to do DOCTOR"
odd how all these cartoonists draw their opponents as screaming unhinged about topics the creator of the comic is very passionate about

edit: ^^^^^ lol :respek:

InsertPotPun fucked around with this message at 01:26 on May 3, 2024

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I see that the Stupidest Cartoonist In America hasn’t gotten the memo that conservatives aren’t so hot on shooting puppies in the head.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

[/b]

Got it, Stiglich. Never protest or complain about anything because life sucks and we're all going to die.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013

Cloud Potato posted:

:britain:
Independent:

From pages back but this is the sort of stuff I want to see from political cartoons. Trolley problem, literal gravy train, fatcats, dynamic perspective, lots to love

The label is unnecessary but at least it's just the one

Dopefish Lives!
Nov 27, 2004

Swim swim hungry

fool of sound posted:

I see that the Stupidest Cartoonist In America hasn’t gotten the memo that conservatives aren’t so hot on shooting puppies in the head.

I genuinely thought that, finally, a conservative politician had done something that even the usual suspects couldn’t find a way to defend.

But I failed to account for Branco.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

fool of sound posted:

I mean there's plenty of defense on free republic as well.

Some number of conservatives are just dead-eyed social darwinists through and through who will just coldly say yeah if a puppy isn't born pulling its own weight it deserves to die. Not surprised Branco is one of them.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

[/b]
Why the detailed rendering of the claws on the dog?

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Adam Zyglis

Amjad Rasmi

Ann Telnaes

David Horsey

David M. Hitch

Drew Sheneman

Jeff Danziger

Jeff Koterba

Jeff Stahler

Jimmy Margulies

John Darkow

Kevin "KAL" Kallaugher

Lisa Benson

Trump's border policy is evil and everyone wants to find alternatives. A good cartoon.

Marty Two Bulls

Matt Davies

Mike Peters

Mike Smith

NEMØ

Paul Berge

Paul Berge posted:

The Prime Minister of Iraq, Mohamed Shia al-Sudani, was at the White House last month, which was made slightly awkward because the Iraqi parliament was all set to make homosexuality or being transgender a capital offense.

The provision was included in "The Law on Combating Prostitution and Homosexuality," an update to a 1988 anti-prostitution statute. The parliament delayed passage of the bill during al-Sudani's visit, then, in response to U.S. and European diplomatic protests, amended the bill to reduce the penalty for homosexuality from death to ten to fifteen years in prison. The punishment under the bill for undergoing or performing gender-affirming surgery was set at one to three years.

The bill also bans any organization that promotes “sexual deviancy,” imposing a sentence of at least seven years and a fine of no less than 10 million dinars (about $7,600). The parliament passed the bill into law on Saturday.

Even without the capital punishment provision, the U.S., Great Britain and Human Rights Watch voiced our objections to the new law. In response, some Iraqi lawmakers want to expel U.S. Ambassador to Iraq Alina Romanowski.

So, naturally, I referenced South Dakota Governor and puppy-killer Kristi Noem in this week's cartoon. As one does.

I mean, really. It ain't easy coming up with cartoon ideas about most foreign countries. You didn't know who the Prime Minister of Iraq is when you woke up this morning. Most of you wouldn't know if I tried to caricature him or if I just drew Mr. Generic Middle Eastern Guy. There's no quick and easy go-to gag about him liking ice cream cones or wearing his tie too long. He doesn't star in any viral memes. We're not fixing to invade his country again or anything.

Nope, he just happens to be the Prime Minister of yet another country that decided it would be cool to punish its LGBTQ+ citizens. Just like most of its neighbors do.

But at least they took the death penalty off the table.

Grudgingly.

Pedro X. Molina

Randall Enos

Rivers

Robert (R.J.) Matson

Taylor Jones

Walt Handelsman

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

I guess the evil old man is upset about the pier. Good.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Murdstone posted:

Image tracing, probably.

idonotlikepeas posted:

Walt Handelsman

Kellies nomination: worst label

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 04:12 on May 3, 2024

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Murdstone posted:

Started out as a cartoon about Kristi Noem, but Stiglich pivoted at the last moment.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Trapezium Dave posted:

Leak, Son of Leak:

UCC = University Chancellors Council.
If Jews aren't being terrorized, harassed, brutalized, run off campus, and generally made unsafe by a wave of screaming (left leaning) nazis on every US campus, why does every political cartoonist keep insisting they are??

It's okay that Noem shot and killed a puppy literally, because Gretchen Whitmer killed some other things, metaphorically. This makes sense because... only Gretchen Whitmer was complaining about the puppy thing??