Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

So I'm fine with the whole sony thing, but the playerbase disappearing is actually a problem for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

most people will remain. there's a very low chance this will actually impact the total population. hd2 is gonna be fine for everyone that can still play it.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

johnny park posted:

Something you and many others could maybe learn from this ordeal is to shut up when you're uninformed

Maybe too long for a thread title, but an incredible PSA none the less.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I joined a pub game and my initial drop pod landed on a divers’ mech as they were getting in it. I was kicked immediately :lol:

Droxis
Dec 24, 2004

"The only thing peace accomplished was stagnation."

I've not really encountered any toxic people playing on PC with cross play on. I'll occasionally get some childbrain that takes accidental death personally and gripes about in chat for a bit. I experience way more players dipping out of missions early in the face of any sort of adversity (7-9).

As far as the drop in players from recent carnage, well, I expect that to regenerate rapidly as new content is added and spiking heavily when the third faction is launched.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah I can see illuminates bringing back more people than were playing even before this sony nonsense, people who were stopping before (or after) getting burnt out waiting for the next big update

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I just hope they are fun to fight. They were really a pain in 1.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah not looking forward to dealing with their teleporters and snipers and shields in 3D lol

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
You guys say you don't want shields, until you get the 'all bile spewers, all the time' planet seed :laugh:

Dandywalken posted:

I just hope they are fun to fight. They were really a pain in 1.

It's going to be the same thing, shield walls, orbs of death, orbs of confusion, cloaked scout snipers ohko'ing you when you stop moving

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

that's what the jetpack is for! Those are someone else's problem, I'm halfway to the next objective already

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Babe Magnet posted:

that's what the jetpack is for! Those are someone else's problem, I'm halfway to the next objective already

I just wish they would lower the cooldown a tiny bit

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

boz posted:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

boz posted:

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

boz posted:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the jetpack should work like how lasers should work: let me use it while it's hot, giving it a boost to damage (lasers) or height (jetpack), at the risk of it blowing up in my face/on my rear end if I push it too far lol

but yeah hard agree

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 02:06 on May 6, 2024

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Droxis posted:

I've not really encountered any toxic people playing on PC with cross play on. I'll occasionally get some childbrain that takes accidental death personally and gripes about in chat for a bit. I experience way more players dipping out of missions early in the face of any sort of adversity (7-9).

As far as the drop in players from recent carnage, well, I expect that to regenerate rapidly as new content is added and spiking heavily when the third faction is launched.

Nothing feels better than extracting with 1 diver still alive clutching onto super samples with no reinforcements left, after some mook leaves 10 minutes into the mission so you had to 3-man it

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

I've only run into a few toxic people, like getting TK'd before I can get on the shuttle. The thing I run into way more is people with very high levels being criminally bad at the game. Traitorously bad even.

Had a match just recently where I died to this guys eagle clusters 5 times, including once where he carpet bombed as the pelican landed and I was holding all the super samples. We were struggling to finish the match with the reinforcement timer permanently counting. He finished with 8 or 9 team kills as well as about 8 personal deaths.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
I'm a Super Citizen and I ain't hugging any normies gently caress off.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

free deluxe hugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Man I wish my nvidia replay was working just had a mission on hellmire where:

1. My eruptor shrapnel from ~70 meters away hit the puff balls right next to me, launching me into the air.
2. I touched a fallen bile titan leg and my helldiver was diverted into the air, sideways, at approximately 100 mph and flung off the map into the traitor zone. I managed to survive back into the zone with the traitor bombardment and took out a nest so worth but lol