Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Shooting Blanks posted:

It took a long time for Michael Vick to rehab his image, and it will never be completely rehabilitated.. That's the closest comparison I can think of, personally.

There’s one big difference between that lady and Michael Vick tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

butros posted:

There’s one big difference between that lady and Michael Vick tho

Michael Vick was good at his job.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Noem may be done but some of you have a lot more faith in Republican voters than I do.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Professor Beetus posted:

I'll toxx right now that she doesn't survive her next primary. The next MAGA person down the line could be a ham sandwich running against Kristi "puppy killer" Norm and win

e: like this isn't complicated, most of white America cares more about pets than people on both sides of the aisle, she's cooked

I don't think that can actually be done as a toxx, she's term-limited out after her current term.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Gripweed posted:

Michael Vick was good at his job.

hey, the eagles need everyone they can get. they should get kristi on the team.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Angry_Ed posted:

I don't think that can actually be done as a toxx, she's term-limited out after her current term.

it still counts, she could run in the primary for a different position.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Nevermind, made the same mistake as this person:

https://twitter.com/ebplais/status/1785427507396624623?t=YFdKxF2kvOFJTs5ZpJZYJQ&s=19

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

"What people are talking about on Twitter" is not "will this politician suffer any electoral consequences"

Republicans are pretty famous for not giving a poo poo how hosed up their politicians are when it comes to voting for them.

If she's running against a Democrat, then Republican voters will probably still show up for her, because they'd rather have a dog-murdering sociopath than a Democrat.

But that's not going to be any help to her in a primary when she's running against fellow Republicans. And she's term-limited out of her current position so she's not even going to have the benefit of incumbency for whatever election she decides to run in next.

To put things in perspective, remember that even after Roy Moore was discovered to be a pedophile, he still only barely lost to a Democrat...but in the next election he ran in, he only came in fourth place in the Republican primary with just 7% of the vote. It effectively ended his political career, because now all the other Republicans know he's easy prey for a primary, and there's no way he'll even make it to a general election ever again, unless he runs for something minor nobody cares about.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

https://twitter.com/benbinday/status/1786105641989206425?t=UEbZfiGQZWbKdl7Kk3UUYg&s=19

cops ... deescalating?? :psyduck:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It's always sunny in Philadelphia?

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

Whoah.

Does anybody know for sure whether there are General Assemblies at these encampments?

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Legitimately shocked over here.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The same PD responsible for the MOVE bombing thinks that UPenn is going a bit too far

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

FlamingLiberal posted:

The same PD responsible for the MOVE bombing thinks that UPenn is going a bit too far

Give them time.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

The DC police have also been refusing GW's requests to clear their encampment for the past week.

https://twitter.com/JimMillward/status/1784226055609335885
The House Oversight Committee has grandstanding over the fact, but the city has so far has refused to give into the hysteria.

quote:

D.C. police said they will stick with their policy to not clear the pro-Palestinian encampment at the George Washington University, as long as it remains peaceful.

Metropolitan Police Department Chief of Police Pamela Smith gave her first remarks on the record on Thursday, after the demonstration in downtown D.C. began eight days earlier. She said police have no plans to remove the demonstrators.

“I think here in the District of Columbia, we allow people the opportunity to have freedom of speech, and that’s what we’re seeing right now. There has been no violence, no violent behavior, no confrontations,” Smith said.

Smith and Mayor Muriel Bowser have come under intense criticism from Republican members of the House Oversight Committee for allowing the protests to continue.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE

Professor Beetus posted:

e: like this isn't complicated, most of white America cares more about pets than people on both sides of the aisle, she's cooked

wtf does being white or not have to do with liking animals? :psyduck: That's some racist poo poo.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

aventari posted:

wtf does being white or not have to do with liking animals? :psyduck: That's some racist poo poo.

You can't be racist to white people hth

e: to make it plainer for the crayon eaters in the class, I pointed out white america because white people who will not give a single gently caress about what injustices and cruelties are being done to people of color at home and abroad will nonetheless crawl through broken glass to defend a heckin pupper doggo. I'm pointing out why this is a bipartisan issue and why yes, even maga ghouls are mostly going to turn on Noem

e2: I specifically said that they cared more about pets than people, not that they are the only people who care about pets, but I can see how it could get read wrong I guess.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 06:44 on May 3, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
I don't think it was your intent, but "they care about animal abuse because they're white" implies that people who don't care about animal abuse aren't white. I assume you would consider "that animal abuser must not be white" offensive (also wrong, since Noem is white).

James Garfield fucked around with this message at 06:43 on May 3, 2024