Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Mystic Stylez posted:

yeah, root for one of the teams in the AFC North (Baltimore Ravens, Pittsburgh Steelers, Cincinnati Bengals and Tennessee Titans), the only division that matters in all of football

We kicked the Titans out for the Texans after CJ turned out to be cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Grittybeard posted:

Well poo poo now I'm a Panthers fan.

So that Bryce Young guy, I think he's the future, just gotta keep building up around him. How can you not love a down to earth owner who will go into random restaurants showing their pride in the team and to talk to local business owners about his plans? It's been a rough patch but things are looking up.

Y'know, I was all doom and gloom on the Panthers, but your positive spin has convinced me otherwise!

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Freaquency posted:

We kicked the Titans out for the Texans after CJ turned out to be cool

The Feared Titans would never fold to the Ravens like the Texans did in the Divisional Round

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

fartknocker posted:

As I understand it, a lot of the credit for the improvement in the Lions offense has gone to Johnson. He became more involved in things when they took play calling away from Anthony Lynn in 2021, the last two years they've gotten better each year, I think guys like Goff and others have spoken highly of him. He's not the only reason the Lions have improved, Dan Campbell has done an incredible job changing the team culture and he's, but Johnson has clearly played a big role and obviously people are concerned what could happen if/when he leaves to presumably be a head coach elsewhere, since ya never quite know how a new OC is gonna work out.

I think the core of it is that a lot of folks have convinced themselves that Dan is just a culture guy, and all the improvement on the Xs and Os side of the ball has come from Johnson. And while I obviously like Johnson and I'm glad he decided to stick around, Dan has been deeply involved in the offense alongside him and I sincerely doubt the dropoff is going to be that severe, especially if the next OC ends up coming from inside the building. It's just wild to me to see someone proclaim they "won't be contenders" just because Johnson might leave.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Acebuckeye13 posted:

People have this weird idea that the second Ben Johnson leaves the Lions will fall apart, and I don't get it? Like, he's good at his job, but he's far from the only reason why the Lions were competitive last year.

They had a bad defense and a great offense. They made the playoffs with that combination.

Despite an exceedingly mid QB, Ben schemes the pieces to an extremely effective offense.

Maybe BJ isn’t everything, but he is without question a significant contributor.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mystic Stylez posted:

yeah, root for one of the teams in the AFC North (Baltimore Ravens, Pittsburgh Steelers, Cincinnati Bengals and Tennessee Titans), the only division that matters in all of football

We kicked the titans out for the texans

efb

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Amy Pole Her posted:

They were brutal in the toast. Kill Tony absolutely slaughtered it

I had no idea who that guy was but he was loving hilarious. Kevin Hart was even like god drat dude.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

wandler20 posted:

I had no idea who that guy was but he was loving hilarious. Kevin Hart was even like god drat dude.

Hart getting progressively drunker and drunker and just going on his rants had me rolling. I really enjoyed it overall. Even those two morons from 2 Bears 1 Cave that I normally cant stand had me cracking up.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

wandler20 posted:

His whole thing is roasting people. He's got a famous show where people get picked to come up and do a minute or two and then they get rinsed by comedians and do their best to talk poo poo back.

More than a few have gotten a break from it. Including a homeless lady that Roseanne ended up sponsoring to come on tour with her.

They also had Tucker Carlson stop by once so if that stuff makes you big mad don't check it out but it's pretty funny.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Ornery and Hornery posted:

They had a bad defense and a great offense. They made the playoffs with that combination.

Despite an exceedingly mid QB, Ben schemes the pieces to an extremely effective offense.

Maybe BJ isn’t everything, but he is without question a significant contributor.

Sure, but is he so important that he's irreplaceable and that the Lions will no longer be contenders if he leaves? That I doubt.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

notaspy posted:

Hello thread, I am looking to get into America football so I need a team to follow. Can I have a recom please. I am not a glory hunter so I don't just want to pick the last team to win the super bowl.

I tried doing this a few years ago and was assigned the browns but I hear their qb is a worthless pos so I don't fancy staying loyal.
Efb I made a long post without realizing I was several pages behind. Root for the lions

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Find the uniforms you think are the coolest and then go with that.

Though I apologize in advance if this leads you to A Bad Team.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wandler20 posted:

He's a poor man's Greg Giraldo. Poor in the sense that he's not as good and also on far less cocaine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_TrrWWkMXU&t=393s

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Edward Mass posted:

I did not expect Tom Brady being allowed to make a 9/11 joke.

Pretty shortsighted of you, considering Tom Brady caused 9/11

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Nikki Glaser killed it

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

He's a poor man's Greg Giraldo. Poor in the sense that he's not as good and also on far less cocaine.

Giraldo was always a highlight of those old CC Roasts.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Find me another comedian who's brave enough to make a joke about RFK's assassination to make fun of Jerry springer.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Sure, but is he so important that he's irreplaceable and that the Lions will no longer be contenders if he leaves? That I doubt.

Possibly. The way teams achieve playoff success when they don’t have elite qbs is through elite offensive scheming/playcalling, and/or elite defense, and/or injury variance.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

Sounds like the roast was good so planning on watching it tomorrow. I can't imagine any roaster can live up to Greg Giraldo though. He was always hilariously brutal.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Be a Broncos fan if you like to regularly make pacts with Satan.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

notaspy posted:

Hello thread, I am looking to get into America football so I need a team to follow. Can I have a recom please. I am not a glory hunter so I don't just want to pick the last team to win the super bowl.

I tried doing this a few years ago and was assigned the browns but I hear their qb is a worthless pos so I don't fancy staying loyal.

The Packers haven't won a Super Bowl since 2010, have a promising young QB who isn't a sex pest (so far)(but he has silly body), and are an up-and-coming team playing against at least 4 powerhouses in their conference.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Mystic Stylez posted:

Lmfao

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

SKULL.GIF posted:

The Packers haven't won a Super Bowl since 2010, have a promising young QB who isn't a sex pest (so far)(but he has silly body), and are an up-and-coming team playing against at least 4 powerhouses in their conference.

Plus they're, at best, the second best team in their division. So you don't have to worry about being a front-runner.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Q_res posted:

Plus they're, at best, the second best team in their division. So you don't have to worry about being a front-runner.

I'm really looking forward to Jordan Love being their third franchise QB in a row so we can all go "What the gently caress?" together as our teams continue to draft the Zach Wilsons and Bryce Youngs of the world.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SKULL.GIF posted:

I would second this. It's a team with a rich history, dating back to 1919, making it the 3rd oldest team in the league. Winners of the first ever Super Bowl and the second (the trophy is named after legendary GB coach Vince Lombardi), they had a lean patch in the 70s and 80s but have basically been competitive since the mid 90s, although have only won the Super Bowl twice in that period, unlike greedy teams such as the Patriots. They are also an anomaly in that they play in the smallest city in the major US sports leagues, and their ownership model predates rules saying they must be owned by one single rich psycho so they aren't ever likely to relocate, one of the parts of US sports I really don't like.

Away from history, there's an exciting young team, youngest in the league iirc and they play in the NFC North which is pretty competitive now the Lions have their poo poo together, and the Bears probably have finally gotten their selves a good QB. It's a fun league and the thread dedicated to it here is pretty good and fun.

Of course the downside is you will have to buy one of those dreadful cheese heads so everyone knows you're a Packer, the only downside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lifespan posted:

Sounds like the roast was good so planning on watching it tomorrow. I can't imagine any roaster can live up to Greg Giraldo though. He was always hilariously brutal.

To David hasselhoff: “your liver is so black, dead, and shriveled if you hold your ear to it you can hear it say “whatchu talking about, Willis?”