Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Champion for February, 2024?
This poll is closed.
:nallears: Tetsuya Naito (IWGP World Heavyweight Champion) 7 9.46%
Kenoh (FORMER GHC Champion) 1 1.35%
:notfunny: El Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr. (GHC Champion) 0 0%
Jordynne Grace (TNA Knockouts Champion) 1 1.35%
:krad: Katsuhiko Nakajima (Triple Crown Champion) 2 2.70%
Mayu Iwatani (IWGP Women's Champion) 15 20.27%
Blake Christian (GCW Champion) 2 2.70%
Moose (TNA World Champion) 0 0%
:rip: Rhea Ripley (WWE Women's World Champion) 5 6.76%
:sora: Yuki Ueno (KO-D Openweight Champion) 1 1.35%
:greenangel: Athena (ROH Women's Champion) 26 35.14%
Maika (World of Stardom Champion) 3 4.05%
:champ: None of the Above 11 14.86%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm sure part of what make its work is that his mix of goofy little angry piss-man baby and terrifying kick killer stands out so much in NOAH, and NOAH is a bigger promotion... but God I would love to have Kenoh in DDT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

I'm sure part of what make its work is that his mix of goofy little angry piss-man baby and terrifying kick killer stands out so much in NOAH, and NOAH is a bigger promotion... but God I would love to have Kenoh in DDT.

Honestly, DDT, All Japan, Dragongate, they'd all use Kenoh better than NOAH. But then that's true of most people under 45 on the NOAH roster

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

NOAH sucks

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Had to give it to Rhea Ripley, after main eventing the giant show in Perth.

Also, Danshoku Dino was a funny gimmick to me in the late 2000s when I first saw it, and I was a teenager. Still doing that 20 years late, as a 46 year old man, is one of the worst things about DDT. Please move with the times and get rid of that man.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Mayu month

I just think what she did was cool and impressive. Thank you Mayu

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Wazzu posted:

Had to give it to Rhea Ripley, after main eventing the giant show in Perth.

Also, Danshoku Dino was a funny gimmick to me in the late 2000s when I first saw it, and I was a teenager. Still doing that 20 years late, as a 46 year old man, is one of the worst things about DDT. Please move with the times and get rid of that man.

The problem is that he's hugely over, still. It's loving baffling.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Great to see the votes come in so late, you still have a little bit of time to get in yours if you haven't - don't be like the bookers of NOAH, be smart!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

He stands out as a character like no one else they have, the extremely angry man who is more than willing to be the butt of the joke, like his amazing Youtube video last year filmed in the body bag that Voodoo Murders put him in (OK, it was a bin bag), just yelling into the camera next to a river: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zp6IyHb1-4

One of those guys who you don't need to understand to enjoy the promos of, purely because of how he carries himself.

It's still hilarious if you understand too.

The title is "Still angry the next day livestream: Hey, All Japan's Suwama! How dare you stuff me in a bag! I'll definitely retain the World Tag Titles!"

He explains that he's still FURIOUS a day after he got crammed into a bodybag. He basically calls out Suwama for disrespecting him. After about a minute and a half of recapping and talking about what happened, he starts ranting about how being stuffed in what the Voodoo Murders apparently call a Murder-Bag is meant to be a humiliation, but that he is not only not embarrassed about it, he's delighted to wear a black bag, he'll happily do it of his own volition, and if anything, he really digs the "in a black bag" look. He also argues that the bodybag is, quite frankly, overkill, and that Suwama's backdrop should be more than enough to make his point.

He then questions what Suwama was even trying to achieve in the post-match shenanigans, and then even throws in a "what happened to you Suwama? You used to be cool" at around 3 minutes before going back to insisting that he's not embarrassed about being stuffed in a bodybag and being taken away by the Voodoo Murders, and declares that he might live dressed like that until the AJPW World Tag Titles match that he had coming up against Suwama (and Rei Saito) at the end of the month, and that maybe he'll do his livestreams wearing bin bags from now on.

He then starts talking about other stuff at about 5 minutes.

Meanwhile in the chat, people keep commenting on how much he looks like No-Face from Spirited Away.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

edogawa rando posted:

It's still hilarious if you understand too.

The title is "Still angry the next day livestream: Hey, All Japan's Suwama! How dare you stuff me in a bag! I'll definitely retain the World Tag Titles!"

He explains that he's still FURIOUS a day after he got crammed into a bodybag. He basically calls out Suwama for disrespecting him. After about a minute and a half of recapping and talking about what happened, he starts ranting about how being stuffed in what the Voodoo Murders apparently call a Murder-Bag is meant to be a humiliation, but that he is not only not embarrassed about it, he's delighted to wear a black bag, he'll happily do it of his own volition, and if anything, he really digs the "in a black bag" look. He also argues that the bodybag is, quite frankly, overkill, and that Suwama's backdrop should be more than enough to make his point.

He then questions what Suwama was even trying to achieve in the post-match shenanigans, and then even throws in a "what happened to you Suwama? You used to be cool" at around 3 minutes before going back to insisting that he's not embarrassed about being stuffed in a bodybag and being taken away by the Voodoo Murders, and declares that he might live dressed like that until the AJPW World Tag Titles match that he had coming up against Suwama (and Rei Saito) at the end of the month, and that maybe he'll do his livestreams wearing bin bags from now on.

He then starts talking about other stuff at about 5 minutes.

Meanwhile in the chat, people keep commenting on how much he looks like No-Face from Spirited Away.

What a king.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Athena's tremendous reign as ROH Women's Champion has continued to earn her plaudits in Punch Sport Pagoda, as she wins the Champ of the Month Poll for the 4th time ever... and for the 4th time in the last 9 months! While Mayu Iwatani's heroic efforts to save one of the worst New Japan shows in years saw her gain a well-deserved second place, she was handily beaten by Athena who continues to reign atop ROH and isn't showing any signs of slowing down or facing defeat anytime soon. Tetsuya Naito second defeat of Sanada in the last two months was enough to get him the third place spot, making a Top 3 finish of ROH, New Japan (but technically Stardom) and New Japan. But while Naito's reign as now arguably the biggest star left in the promotion and Mayu letting people know just how good she is got them deserved plaudits, for now and forever February of 2024 belongs to Athena!

Previous winners, click the picture for poll results (where available) for that month.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

18 years of danielson being eligible as wrestlehut's champion

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

If we are on the mobile app, how can we express our vote for a champion since polls don’t seem to be visible for those users?

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

TV Zombie posted:

If we are on the mobile app, how can we express our vote for a champion since polls don’t seem to be visible for those users?

Allegedly, pulling up the site on your mobile web browser app will allow you to vote in the poll.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i want to vote for konosuke takeshita

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

apophenium posted:

Allegedly, pulling up the site on your mobile web browser app will allow you to vote in the poll.

I’ve been doing it for years!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
First year since 2012 there will be no NJPW monthly winner maybe???

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I could see it, unless Zack or the Musketeers beat Naito

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Seams posted:

You'll regret saying this when David Finlay comes out of Dominion holding the IWGP World HW Title

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Seams posted:

If Zack wins the title, not only is he sweeping the rest of the year but Luxury Space Communism will finally save us all.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I apologize for not voting in time.

But I would have voted for Rhea Riply coz she seems like a wholesome young woman from Adelaide. So my vote wouldn't have made a substantiative difference anyway.

But I am still sorry.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

BrigadierSensible posted:

I apologize for not voting in time.

But I would have voted for Rhea Riply coz she seems like a wholesome young woman from Adelaide. So my vote wouldn't have made a substantiative difference anyway.

But I am still sorry.

You can make it up to us by definitely voting next time :)

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I once had to spend 3 hours on the tarmac in Adelaide because my plane to Brisbane got redirected, it was more than likely the most exciting thing to have ever happened in Adelaide

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

apophenium posted:

You can make it up to us by definitely voting next time :)

:hai::hf::hmmyes:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what the fug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Champ Poll for March, 2024 is now up. Go vote!