Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
he wants to be a prime target and picked the Dolphins over the Chiefs and Bills? he's gonna be fourth in line for targets at best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
3rd receiver spot is open. Theyve got some good rookie options from the later part of the draft, especially that Virginia kid, but Beckham seems to be betting he'll muscle that kid out and make his bonus numbers. 1 year 3 million up to 8 million with escalators

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think he's just washed up imo.

Dude hasn't been a 1000 yard receiver since 2019.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
LOL Who's money were the Bills going to spend to get Odell? They don't have anywhere near 8 million or whatever he's getting. Sounds kinda fishy to me.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

indigi posted:

he wants to be a prime target and picked the Dolphins over the Chiefs and Bills? he's gonna be fourth in line for targets at best

agreed. Achane only had 8 fewer catches than OBJ last year and he missed like half the season lol. It's ok to say you just prefer living in Miami and not paying taxes, Odell.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I think he might have still been pretty good when he was on the Rams but then he got hurt for a 17th time and welp

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
He looked good at times last year. Wish KC had got him.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's a 1 year $3m deal with incentives up to $8.

Like anyone could afford him, but I don't think he'd be much of an asset. The Ravens played him almost every snap in Week 1, realized their mistake and got him down to 1/3rd-half of snaps going forward, and he just... didn't produce much of anything.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Not just washed, but too far past washed to even be a successful decoy anymore.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

He’s going to set up reek with the law and snag an outside spot

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

OBJ is at least a better option than putting Claypool on the field. sometimes you just need bodies when Waddle or Tyreek are off the field

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

What team would be stupid enough to roster Claypool

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Actually I’ve always liked him

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Huffing purest copium, he was still something like 7th in the league in yards per reception.

Ignore all his other stats and the fact that that's not at all what the Fins need.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

The Bills are not really set-up for a SB run this year, even if their draft picks work out perfectly. Allen can keep them competitive if things click well, but it's not a situation where spending 3 to 8 million on a 1 year WR is beneficial.

I don't think Claypool is making it to September. I can't find any details on money, but I'm assuming its a vet min deal they can drop at any time.

Gully Foyle fucked around with this message at 20:49 on May 6, 2024

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

t a s t e posted:

Actually I’ve always liked him
Yes, definitely he just needs the Bills to unlock him.

We've developed so many wide receivers, of course. So many, that are just off-screen, not dropping touchdowns.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Wait, you guys brought in Claypool but DONT want your receivers to drop touchdowns?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Gully Foyle posted:

The Bills are not really set-up for a SB run this year, even if their draft picks work out perfectly. Allen can keep them competitive if things click well, but it's not a situation where spending 3 to 8 million on a 1 year WR is beneficial.

I don't think Claypool is making it to September. I can't find any details on money, but I'm assuming its a vet min deal they can drop at any time.

Yeah I think this year is a planned down year but Beane doesn’t want to be transparent about that

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Jets have had the worst non-QB offensive players in the league the past 5 years. They probably also have had the worst QBs in the league the past 5 years.

https://twitter.com/ihartitz/status/1787511830199304512?s=46

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Jets have had the worst non-QB offensive players in the league the past 5 years. They probably also have had the worst QBs in the league the past 5 years.

https://twitter.com/ihartitz/status/1787511830199304512?s=46

Bottom five skill group in the league???

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Kurgarra Queen posted:

Yes, definitely he just needs the Bills to unlock him.

We've developed so many wide receivers, of course. So many, that are just off-screen, not dropping touchdowns.
According to Pro-Football-Reference, Isaiah Hodgins has a career 72% catch rate and has never dropped a pass. He's not a sexy route runner but he definitely doesn't have stone hands. He's the Giants WR with the most touchdowns in the last two years.

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 21:14 on May 6, 2024

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

t a s t e posted:

Bottom five skill group in the league???

Best skill group in the AFC East!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

How on earth is that weighted if it thinks the Patriots have been generally average until last year and the 2021 group had one of the 5 best offensive casts in the league?

Kalli fucked around with this message at 23:00 on May 6, 2024

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

How on earth is that weighted if it things the Patriots have been generally average until last year and the 2021 group had one of the 5 best offensive casts in the league?

Yeah I am finding this pretty confusing once you get past the first few obviously good teams at the top. It's an interesting exercise but it suffers from "using PFF grades" as the data source.

Also god drat there are a lot of obnoxiously smug Chargers fans in the replies lol

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

MassLive posted:

The hierarchy of the Patriots front office is about to change.

According to a source, the Patriots have begun the process of searching for their next general manager or top front office executive. It’s unknown if the next person tabbed to lead the team’s front office will have the GM title, but the conclusion of this process will result in an individual having the power to run the Patriots personnel department.

Great process guys.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

This is almost certainly just a show process before Wolf is put in formally.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1787631438960996504?s=46

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
the Jets need another veteran WR. If Mike Williams is ever out, that WR room gets real bad real quick

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Does Michael Gallup suck?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Corzaa posted:

Does Michael Gallup suck?

yes

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Beckham had Rosenhaus craft the deal so it was limited hit to Miami's 2024 cap. Interesting little tidbit. The 5 mil in incentives (should he hit them) would be 2025.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

CubanMissile posted:

Not just washed, but too far past washed to even be a successful decoy anymore.

No, he isn't washed. He's still pretty fast and has good stop/start, and he's always had the great catch radius. He's probably better in the slot at this point, but he's still got juice. I don't think he's going to be earning much of his incentives outside of "A Problem" occurring though.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Amy Pole Her posted:

Beckham had Rosenhaus craft the deal so it was limited hit to Miami's 2024 cap. Interesting little tidbit. The 5 mil in incentives (should he hit them) would be 2025.

What percentage of Rosenhaus’s clients play for the Dolphins at this point? I’m half joking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He represented 10 in 2023. At least 4 of them have signed elsewhere or been cut though, so its at least 7 including Beckham