Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

How many people did The Terminator kill in the first movie?

There's the first Sarah, and the second (implied), there's Sarah's roommate and her awesome boyfriend.
There's the gun store owner.
There's 10-15 LA Cops
Who am I missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

redshirt posted:

How many people did The Terminator kill in the first movie?

There's the first Sarah, and the second (implied), there's Sarah's roommate and her awesome boyfriend.
There's 10-15 LA Cops
Who am I missing?

Bill Paxton, Brian Thompson, and maybe the other punk who donates his jacket to the Terminator.
The lady standing between Sarah and the Terminator when he shoots his Uzi.
Sarah's mom offscreen.
A truck driver he punches in the heart, believed dead. Maybe the co-driver who he makes jump from a moving semi (debatable)
Kyle Reese.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

redshirt posted:

There's 10-15 LA Cops
Who am I missing?

Sarah's mother (implied)

1-2 switchblade punks.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

I'm back.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

I'll be back.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Yeah how many did he kill in Tech Noir?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

redshirt posted:

Yeah how many did he kill in Tech Noir?

At least three I can see on screen: a guy in front of Reese near the bar that eats the Terminator's burst full-on, then two ladies that are running out the door with Sarah that take the shots when he tries to mow her down. Sarah has to crawl out from under one of their bodies.

I am pretty sure the cop that arrives at the scene has his ribs crushed into paste by the car door and skull bashed in when Terminator commandeers his squad car.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Looking at a list on IMDB:
1? Punk (This must only count the guy who gets his torso punched in. Paxton is merely thrown back and roughed up, memes about him having the EGOT of 80s sci fi deaths notwithstanding)
1 Gun Store Owner
2 Phonebook Sarahs.
2 Matt and Ginger (Pugsley is spared)
3 Tech Noir Patrons
17 Cops (this count is given in T2, onscreen deaths may be a bit shy of this)
1 Sarah's Mother
1? Truck Driver (may have only been incapacitated)

Amusingly the list I'm working from explains that he should NOT be credited with Kyle Reese since the mortal injuries that kill him are from Reese's own bomb.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

It's easy to forget now, but back in the day, The Terminator was very much a movie cut from the same cloth as Friday the 13th and Halloween.

Relentless murder monster mows through everyone until "The Last Girl", like all horror movies.

It was T2, and its huge smash summer time box office, that changed the discussion on the series.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
yeah absolutely. it had a lot more going on under the hood but at its heart it was just a higher-concept, higher-budget video nasty and you gotta love it for that.

the harryhausen chrome skeleton stop motion has so much loving sinister 80's slasher charm

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Owlbear Camus posted:

yeah absolutely. it had a lot more going on under the hood but at its heart it was just a higher-concept, higher-budget video nasty and you gotta love it for that.

the harryhausen chrome skeleton stop motion has so much loving sinister 80's slasher charm

yeah at the end when at last the Terminator sloughs off its flesh disguise.....

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Why do you keep writing ‘gun store owner’ instead of ‘Dick loving Miller’?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Owlbear Camus posted:

Looking at a list on IMDB:
1? Punk (This must only count the guy who gets his torso punched in. Paxton is merely thrown back and roughed up, memes about him having the EGOT of 80s sci fi deaths notwithstanding)
1 Gun Store Owner
2 Phonebook Sarahs.
2 Matt and Ginger (Pugsley is spared)
3 Tech Noir Patrons
17 Cops (this count is given in T2, onscreen deaths may be a bit shy of this)
1 Sarah's Mother
1? Truck Driver (may have only been incapacitated)

Amusingly the list I'm working from explains that he should NOT be credited with Kyle Reese since the mortal injuries that kill him are from Reese's own bomb.

I'll accept this as the authoritative answer unless someone objects

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

redshirt posted:

It's easy to forget now, but back in the day, The Terminator was very much a movie cut from the same cloth as Friday the 13th and Halloween.

Relentless murder monster mows through everyone until "The Last Girl", like all horror movies.

It was T2, and its huge smash summer time box office, that changed the discussion on the series.

Imagine if they had gone a similar route and instead of action movies it was just one Terminator every time and normal humans trying to stop it; trying to bury it in a cave-in, flatten it with a steamroller, rip it apart with magnets, etc.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Imagine if they had gone a similar route and instead of action movies it was just one Terminator every time and normal humans trying to stop it; trying to bury it in a cave-in, flatten it with a steamroller, rip it apart with magnets, etc.

Cave Men Versus The Terminator

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

redshirt posted:

Cave Men Versus The Terminator

Reminds me of Demolition Man when they call John Spartan a caveman.

New direction for the Terminator franchise: in the utopian future a forgotten Terminator wakes up and they bring Sarah forward in time because nobody has any idea how to fight it.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
They send a Terminator all the way back to try and reason with God to get him to not make man in the first place. It's 90 minutes of a t-800 sitting in the lotus position asking "why" over and again in response to God's answers.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

My Dinner With Arnie

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

They send a Terminator all the way back to try and reason with God to get him to not make man in the first place. It's 90 minutes of a t-800 sitting in the lotus position asking "why" over and again in response to God's answers.

The Buddha was a Terminator but renounced the whole "terminatin" business.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Funky See Funky Do posted:

https://youtu.be/XminlVhLma4?si=QKrsE1SObSQGbuC0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol

"Thou shall not miss this movie"