Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Pokemon Scarlet Episode 14 - I Don't Like Saying That

https://twitter.com/odkclub/status/1779091276748779862

In all her glory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Is that a mustache on Meowth, or just a big upper lip?

Either way, I don't like it.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Pokemon Scarlet Episode 15 - I Witnessed It

I genuinely thought he was making up this crit capture thing for a while to be honest

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Pokemon Scarlet Episode 16 - Never Getting To This Bird

Look we'll get there eventually

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Pokemon Scarlet Episode 17 - Big Jumpy

I will continue to forget our dog's abilities

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Here's the "Have you ever tried to punch a bird?" comic, for reference:
https://www.awkwardzombie.com/comic/pokemnemonic

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Pokemon Scarlet Episode 18 - No "Bless You"s For Giacamo?

Time to bully a bunch of losers

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Pokemon Scarlet Episode 19 - Bring Out Beep

gently caress 'em up, Beep

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
welp, that should go in the Y7 thread.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Pokemon Scarlet Episode 20 - Eevee's House

No Z-listers :mad:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Pokemon Scarlet Episode 21 - Peacecake Has A Silly Hat

Between episodes:

https://x.com/DanaruLP/status/1781847906003345621

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Pokemon Scarlet Episode 22 - It's Been A Couple Weeks

We went to the states between sessions so it takes us a bit to remember what we were doing

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Pokemon Scarlet Episode 23 - Daifooku No

We gotta wait for the sun to come up first, little guy

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
That copy-pasta is so terminally unfunny, I don't understand how it caught on.

Great Tusk has fur because it's basically the mammoth ancestor to Donphan, I guess.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Pokemon Scarlet Episode 24 - He Just Is Keys

He is just keys

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Useless trivia, but Pawniard's whole knife thing is because it's also a pun on poniard. So he's a common soldier who'll fuckin' shank someone to get ahead.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Getting knocked the gently caress out all the time is why Beep evolves into a Ghost/Fighting type. The guy's canonically dead as a door knob but doesn't let that stop him, because he's that angy.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Pokemon Scarlet Episode 25 - The Game Can't Handle This

They tried

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Thanks for understanding and speaking up when Chris started calling me out on disliking the feelers. If they were just ribbons they'd be fine.

Also, yes, the copy-pasta is terminally unfunny and really loving sucks because Vaporeon owns and now when you say that anywhere online you can just feel all the worst kinds of people get a poo poo-eating grin and get ready to accuse you of being gross.

Also, also, please for the love of god buy some potions instead of blasting through your money on sandwich ingredients :shepface:

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Nobody who is that fabulous and can pull off those yoga moves in high heels is straight. That's just the law.

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

C'MON SOMETHING AWFUL LETS GET SICK'NIIIIIING

Geemer posted:

Also, also, please for the love of god buy some potions instead of blasting through your money on sandwich ingredients :shepface:

he keeps doing this for the rest of time

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Pokemon Scarlet Episode 26 - Taofa!

Nobody ever believes in me god dammit

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

You should've named that Golduck something like "Li'l Dredg" because of its propensity for... transformative fluids.

Also Jolteon's design basically being "Eevee but after a cartoonish electric shock" is extremely good. I'm sure I'm not saying anything new, but also it deserves to be said.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

So that's six eveelutions down, two to go?

Also I saw this picture while poking around in the PYF Fanart thread, and it felt appropriate to share here:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Beep loving hated getting soaked so much he died and became a rage ghost

Benach
Aug 15, 2013
There's so many tiny things to pokemon games that most you can just ignore and that's fine. Like, Hearts you get in picnics are extra Friendship the pokemon can get. It's basically a pool that you put into (by just, playing the game) until you claim it- you can see from how the first time Dan talks to Cinder in that picnic there are 5 hearts, and then the second time there are none. But also, you'll probably max out Friendship over the course of just, playing the game.

Deino is a funky pokemon to use, because it and Zweilous are physical attackers, with better Atk than Sp.Atk, but Hydreigon is a Special attacker. That, along with their, questionable, ability (Hustle - increases Attack by 50% but decreases accuracy by 20%) and the fact that they evolve really late, make them awkward to use in a regular playthrough. But also, Hydreigon is my favorite pokemon it's absolutely adorable look at this precious

I do also love the whole, "Sylveon being Fairy will destroy Hydreigon." I like to think of it as "Hydreigon can't handle the cuteness". This started as part of the introduction to the Fairy typing with Pokemon X/Y, but a lot of people keep that association and it always adorable.

so I do absolutely appreciate The Chompler having shown up, but understand it getting benched, too. This wasn't just an excuse to show off cute pokemon tcg art I swear.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass

Grace posted:

he keeps doing this for the rest of time

Dan is going to Dan his extremely idiosyncratic way through the game, as is tradition, and we love him for that.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
That doesn't feel like a compliment :mad:

Let's Play Pokemon Scarlet Episode 27 - There Were People

I guess a town made up entirely of restaurants does make more sense when you can open your phone and instantly get a flying taxi to anywhere in the country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
I would've called you a weenis instead if it wasn't.