Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I grind like crazy because of my meds, I hosed up my bite real bad. I got a mouthguard and I savaged the first one so quickly and needed to get a second one made with a stronger plastic that I've also scraped grooves in. I'm afraid to sleep without my mouthguard because I remember the morning I woke up and my teeth felt completely different and worn down. My brain associates my mouthguard with going to sleep so much that once I put it in, i fall asleep basically immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I've definitely heard it from rooms away, with multiple walls in between.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83gddxVpitc

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
I don't grind but I clench my jaw in my sleep. Dentist said I should wear a mouth guard and I said yeah ok ill definitely do that :angel:

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Bad Purchase posted:

never heard grinding but i've heard a lot of schlorp schlorp glorp sounds

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncfTCyVSdWM

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

sometimes often my dog chomps loudly in his sleep

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
No but I like to grind others teeth in my sleep.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
My wife grinds her teeth, so loud you could easily imagine sparks flying. Fortunately she adapted to a mouth guard easily, but they never last long, they look like a pit bull mauled them after two days.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

How much do you spend on them every week, or month or whatever? Can you write them off as a medical expense ?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I had a dentist-made mouthguard for all of three days. I left it unguarded for like half a minute one morning and the dog tore it up

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

wesleywillis posted:

How much do you spend on them every week, or month or whatever? Can you write them off as a medical expense ?

I'm not sure how quickly she wears them out. The box says you can use each one three times, but I have a feeling you could get a couple more. Plackers Grind No More is the brand; as to writing them off, no idea. Maybe?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I gnash my teeth in my sleep, kind of snap my jaw shut. Sometimes I bite my tongue, it's hosed. If I didn't have a mouthguard I probably would have smashed up teeth by now. I used to grind but now I think it's just the violent gnashing.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Torquemada posted:

I'm not sure how quickly she wears them out. The box says you can use each one three times, but I have a feeling you could get a couple more. Plackers Grind No More is the brand; as to writing them off, no idea. Maybe?
Oh gently caress, ok. I thought these things were some expensive stuff that she was going through, not something disposable.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Had a dream last night I was grinding my teeth so hard they started snapping in my mouth

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Sex Farm posted:

Had a dream last night I was grinding my teeth so hard they started snapping in my mouth

I have these all the time, they're horrible. Also I "fit" my upper teeth below my lower ones and push out, breaking them all at once. It's a ton of fun, I wouldn't recommend it

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

wesleywillis posted:

Oh gently caress, ok. I thought these things were some expensive stuff that she was going through, not something disposable.

Just talked to her, she says they actually last weeks each. Just wash them every morning. There comes a point when they're obviously worn out.

16 are £26 on Amazon at the moment.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK
Zepbounds helped my sleep apnea/grinding out a ton so its nice to not wake up with my tongue scalloped on each side

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

at night i chatter out a rhythmic 4/4 beat

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
My dad does this and I'm pretty sure I do it too but I never think to ask people that sleep next to me so I can't confirm. I'm always biting my lips in my sleep though. It's kinda like nails on a chalkboard to me. My uncle (mom's side of the family) used to loudly grind his teeth all the time because of tinnitus. I guess it drowned out the noise? It was pretty excruciating to listen to but I couldn't complain because tinnitus sucks and whatever it takes to help is probably good for the person suffering from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

https://youtu.be/Os9zW1Uu-hc?feature=shared&t=64