Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I look forward to Kibby being horrified at what she did to Alden when she learns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Nitrousoxide posted:

I look forward to Kibby being horrified at what she did to Alden when she learns.

I don't :smith:

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Don't worry. Kibbee will be old enough to be told the truth sometime after our universe expires in an entropic soup. That may be scanning harsher than I wanted.

On a related note, who thinks the next update will include the speech at the school? I thought it was going to be the next update for the last three updates, but surely we're almost there?

LLSix fucked around with this message at 03:56 on May 9, 2024

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

LLSix posted:

Don't worry. Kibbee will be old enough to be told the truth sometime after our universe expires in an entropic soup. That may be scanning harsher than I wanted.

On a related note, who thinks the next update will include the speech at the school? I thought it was going to be the next update for the last three updates, but surely we're almost there?

every single time i've anticipated the events of the next chapter, i've been off by a minimum of three updates. so i just don't do it anymore; nothing good comes of it

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.

awesmoe posted:

every single time i've anticipated the events of the next chapter, i've been off by a minimum of three updates. so i just don't do it anymore; nothing good comes of it

Yeah looking ahead has burned me repeatedly too. But the assembly starts in 10 minutes and they are hurrying to make it? So not much should happen between now and then. But we don't know the length of the assembly or if Alden will make a splash thanks to his everything. Or how impactful any speeches will be, to cue paragraphs of reflection. So the chapter might not even get through the whole thing.

Also... I wonder if Esh is going to use it to publicly praise Alden. I'm itching to see classmates and school drama but hell, Esh could crank that to 11 with just a couple words. Busy indeed.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I am halfway surprised that Esh didn't have the commendation star from Alis'arth stitched onto the school uniform.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

berenzen posted:

I am halfway surprised that Esh didn't have the commendation star from Alis'arth stitched onto the school uniform.

I was surprised about its absence as well. Maybe students don’t usually wear things like that?

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Sleyca said the next chapter was going to be a long one. I think that if the pov sticks with Alden, it's going to be the assembly and his reunion with his friends.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

LLSix posted:

Next chapter is out.
LOL no speech, also Alden didn't get to show his star (and possibly surprise second one), but we did find out that for a "drunk moron" Lute's dad is actually pretty resourceful!

OddObserver fucked around with this message at 02:41 on May 11, 2024

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

SupSup 154 is out.

God Lexi is such an rear end in a top hat.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
He's just tense, worried about his sister and completely incapable of social graces.

Also lol at Finlay big timing Winston.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Still have not heard the school speech.

Great chapter though, laughed at several points. Adjective badgers seems like it is going to be a thing and I am excited for it.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Haoyu's mental texting is always a treat.

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.
I don't know if it's possible to stop Jupiter from stealing the show. Hmm, and Lexi's a bit rough but he's very sincere and I think that means more.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

He's not a bad kid. He's just someone who hasn't figured out how to react appropriately to other people having their own priorities and interiority.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Lexi strikes me as the kind of edgy teen who's convinced that politeness and personability are dishonest manipulations.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Patrick Spens posted:

He's just tense, worried about his sister and completely incapable of social graces.

Also lol at Finlay big timing Winston.

Poor guy's having trouble reaching F-City to visit his sister because all the flyers are so expensive. If only there was someone nearby with a flying device they recently obtained.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

I forgot that Alden stole some cherry cola in this chapter. Later, the Chicago healer steals some cherry cola from Jeremy. Interesting synchronicity. I wonder if it was a deliberate choice, or Sleyca just has cherry cola on her mind a lot.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
rereading some of the esh-erdi chapters and thinking about his penchant for ominous statements relating to his skill (lifelong student of the way things fracture, weak points, cracks, etc etc etc), i now look forward to alden working portentous burden/carrying/luggage-related monologues into his dailyconversations as he levels up

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Wittgen posted:

You're gonna carry that weight.

You know, the Artonans would have made first contact right in the start of Beatlemania.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Whoa, that's heavy!

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Nitrousoxide posted:

You know, the Artonans would have made first contact right in the start of Beatlemania.

I wonder if Sleyca has thought about that specific element of the alt history. Wouldn't shock me if the alien invasion really derailed the Beatles' career trajectory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
"Without the artonans, we never would have invented cell phones, the internet, or the beatles"