Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's Jose Aldo's next move?
Return to MMA, fight Dominick Cruz
Return to MMA, go join the PFL
Return to boxing, try desperately to fight a Youtuber
Retire and run a chain of Minions-themed hotels
View Results

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

CarlCX posted:

The only person at 205 who is ranked higher than Smith, theoretically available and hasn't already fought him is Nikita Krylov, so that's the logical match to make. What they'll actually do, who knows.

Has anyone heard from him though? I can't find any interviews, any online posts, nothing. Could just be focusing on training in a post-usada world I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Fentry posted:

Let's go random Aussie guy, hail chaos

A canny underdog aussie in their first title fight doesn't bode well for Pantoja but I really don't like our chances haha.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

There's a card in Perth in like 4 months without a main event so I think UFC are hoping for that, if it's a decision they might even do a rematch there. (Erceg is from Perth)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Brought to you by Fury. E. Osa! Only in theaters!"

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

How can they boo Astro Boy

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Erceg looks a little outclassed, but only a little

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

rjmccall posted:

Erceg looks a little outclassed, but only a little

He's warming up. Second half of round 2 his striking was leagues better.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Yeah, this looks more even now

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Holy poo poo his whole forehead instantly became red

edit: uhhhh it looked like that from the one camera angle

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Jesus it's gotta be gross for some dude to just bleed into your mouth like that ugh

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Think it’s probably 30-27, but this is definitely winnable for Erceg

Yeah, both corners agree

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Why the gently caress would Erceg go for a takedown there?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

lmao Erceg's corner yelling GET IN A BRAWL

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

These dudes put in a full day's work today :stare:

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

If Erceg loses that fifth round/the fight because of those takedown attempts his corner should never let him forget it again.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Man Erceg lost but he looks like he could be really good with a little more power in his counter punches. Counter elbows were sick.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Erceg you gotta stop shootin

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

These men might need some blood transfusions

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Pantoja won 1,3,5. Erceg won 2,4. Those stupid takedown attempts likely did cost Erceg the fight.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Great fight. Erceg could’ve taken that with some better decisions, I think. 49-46 from me.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

coronaball posted:

Pantoja won 1,3,5. Erceg won 2,4. Those stupid takedown attempts likely did cost Erceg the fight.

Two 48-47s in there so seems likely, yep.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Good news is Erceg is only 27. Hopefully we'll see him in a title fight again.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

oof he knows it too

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Yea Erceg looked like he knew as soon as the cards got read that he had blown it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

UFC 305, August 18th, this is exactly the scenario I was talking about.

Brut posted:

There's a card in Perth in like 4 months without a main event so I think UFC are hoping for that, if it's a decision they might even do a rematch there. (Erceg is from Perth)