Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

DragonReach posted:

Well I found the Gotham 5 pack at Wal-Mart today, but didn't like the way Lex looked. What do you guys think?

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

Oh btw Infinite Heroes 3 pack was only $7 as well, and I finally found a DCUC Flash.

poo poo, if I come across one of those versions, I'm going to have to buy it and the normal one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
Maybe this is old news but I saw the TRU exclusive Marvel U 3-pack of Yellow Daredevil, Stealth 70's Iron Man and Silver Surfer and all 3 without a doubt have the most gently caress-ugly paint jobs I've ever seen. I mean holy poo poo, the line's been pretty bad but these figures were loving atrocious.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

LightsGameraAction posted:

Maybe this is old news but I saw the TRU exclusive Marvel U 3-pack of Yellow Daredevil, Stealth 70's Iron Man and Silver Surfer and all 3 without a doubt have the most gently caress-ugly paint jobs I've ever seen. I mean holy poo poo, the line's been pretty bad but these figures were loving atrocious.

It must be pretty hard to screw up the silver surfer's paint job. What is he, gold?

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
If its anything like the MU figure they released.. he's like.. pearl color

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Fish Of Doom posted:

It must be pretty hard to screw up the silver surfer's paint job. What is he, gold?

Try pigeon-poo poo white: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kranix/3849600791/

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Custom District 9 Prawn Mech

Pretty sweet. I would have went more appleseed chunky with the scaling of the armor panels in the upper arms, legs and torso, but I think it turned out well for what it is.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The Superfriends Luthor is great. I don't have a Two Face either.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Try pigeon-poo poo white: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kranix/3849600791/

Holy poo poo, $30 for that thing? I saw it at TRU and didn't want it so I didn't even notice the price, but that's $6 than 3 MU figures!

I remember talking to a Hasbro rep at comic-con. He was talking about how they were doing these for the fans and I brought up the price. He talked about how everyone loves the price point and poo poo like that. I brought up that the figures are geared more towards kids and that kids can't afford $8 per figure and the guy came back with "well, they're not the ones buying them, their parents are." After hearing that, I had to leave in disgust. I remember as a kid buying marvel figures with my allowance and to hear Hasbro basically tell me that the same figure I bought as a kid, i'd now have to ask my parents to buy for me because it cost too much was inconceivable in my head.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

RevKrule posted:

Holy poo poo, $30 for that thing? I saw it at TRU and didn't want it so I didn't even notice the price, but that's $6 than 3 MU figures!

I remember talking to a Hasbro rep at comic-con. He was talking about how they were doing these for the fans and I brought up the price. He talked about how everyone loves the price point and poo poo like that. I brought up that the figures are geared more towards kids and that kids can't afford $8 per figure and the guy came back with "well, they're not the ones buying them, their parents are." After hearing that, I had to leave in disgust. I remember as a kid buying marvel figures with my allowance and to hear Hasbro basically tell me that the same figure I bought as a kid, i'd now have to ask my parents to buy for me because it cost too much was inconceivable in my head.

As a kid, I'd have to say roughly 3/4 of the toys I owned were bought for me by my parents, and I'm willing to bet that goes for most people before they reached the age they could get a job somewhere. Hasbro can't be basing their pricing on what kids can afford and since they're not the majority of the people buying the figures they don't have to.

Don't get me wrong, it is still bullshit, and it's hardly the same figure. You're paying about 3 bucks more for a figure that's made of about 1/3 the plastic of a figure that was around when you were a kid.

Hasbro talks left and right about how much people love the price point but I call total bullshit. Why would you spend 8 bucks on a GI Joe sized figure with a crappy paint job and no accessories when you can spend 6 and change and get an actual GI Joe figure with an awesome paint job and a bunch of accessories, or for a buck or two more pick up a much better looking and much bigger DCUC figure or a Transformer that's about 3 times the size of the MU figure that also turns into a car and has weapons?

rally9x
Feb 2, 2005

RevKrule posted:

I remember as a kid buying marvel figures with my allowance and to hear Hasbro basically tell me that the same figure I bought as a kid, i'd now have to ask my parents to buy for me because it cost too much was inconceivable in my head.

Didn't your allowance come from your parents already?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

rally9x posted:

Didn't your allowance come from your parents already?

Sure it did, but I also did the whole kid thing of mowing lawns and shoveling sidewalks and figures were a hell of a lot cheaper then. I guess my angst comes from being on the parent side of "market towards kids and get them to make their parents to buy it for them" part of the equation. It also bugs the hell out of me that I'm paying more for the MU figures than a GI Joe of comparable size. Hell, they don't even have play-sets or vehicles for these.

DragonReach Ghost
Sep 16, 2002

My Avatar is a Red Avatar

Ogmios posted:

Riddle me that? Anyways, what part of the country are you in? We haven't gotten them here yet.

Near Dallas, TX.

Djarum posted:

That is just odd. They guy that did that must be stupid. You can get much more for that Riddler figure on the secondary market than the set combined.

you have got to be kidding me? I can probably pick up 10 to 20 riddlers around here. Oh and it looked factory sealed, tape was good and clean no evidence of it being opened.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

DragonReach posted:

you have got to be kidding me? I can probably pick up 10 to 20 riddlers around here. Oh and it looked factory sealed, tape was good and clean no evidence of it being opened.

Really? Last I checked that entire wave was rare and hard to find. Once my financial situation gets back to normal again I might have to get one. I have decided I am going to collect nothing but GL characters and Batman villains from DCUC. It is mostly because I just have no room for much else. Although I really want a Flash and Captain Cold still.

DragonReach Ghost
Sep 16, 2002

I've got a spare Captain cold, bought it by accident, but Flash has been a major pain to find and I finally got one this weekend. PM me and we can work a cheap deal if you want otherwise eventually I'll pop it in SA mart when I have free time.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

DragonReach posted:

I've got a spare Captain cold, bought it by accident, but Flash has been a major pain to find and I finally got one this weekend. PM me and we can work a cheap deal if you want otherwise eventually I'll pop it in SA mart when I have free time.

Well I got no money at the moment. Although it is looking hopeful that my employment problems shall be fixed later this week finally. I've been out of work since New Years Day so I am going out of my mind.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

DragonReach posted:

Near Dallas, TX.

Riddlers aren't worth much. MOC, they go for about $18, so loose is probably worth about $10-12.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Vaporware posted:

Custom District 9 Prawn Mech

Pretty sweet. I would have went more appleseed chunky with the scaling of the armor panels in the upper arms, legs and torso, but I think it turned out well for what it is.
That's goddamn loving amazing.

I really hope NECA or someone does a 7" District 9 mech suit.

Ogmios
Dec 2, 2004

Angry pumpkin, Japanese demon, dragon of avarice...
I felt like Charlie Bucket when he found the golden ticket. I found 5-pack Gotham City and Mother-loving Deadshot at Wal-mart today! gently caress yeah!! Deadshot is badass, I don't even want to take him out of the package yet.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
The best thing about the newest GI Joes are the hot-swappable heads.. breathes so much life into the line!

Snake Eyes Body + Snake Eyes Paris Pursuit Head (No mouth)
= Classic Movie Snake Eyes

Scarlett Body + Cobra Commander Head
= Booby Commander

The Doctor Body + Flash Head + Gas Mask from GI Joe Pit Commander
= Psycho Mantis

I see you've been playing Castlevania...

gently caress this.. I'm out of here.

My "Psycho Mantis" still needs "The Doctors" body for the correct S&M Gear.. so I temporarily used a Cobra Eel body.. but otherwise it doesn't look too bad.

DragonReach Ghost
Sep 16, 2002

Well finally got DCUC Shazam (Wave 6 with Kalibak leg)

If anyone else needs one the Target I found it at had one more if anyone wants it I can pick it up in the morning. I am pretty sure it will still be there.

Whorehey
Jun 3, 2006
You saw it here first folks...
Went to buy Comics at my local shop today and they had Wave 9 there, Guardian, Mantis and Deadshot. I was very tempted to pick one up but I already had a few too many comics under my arm. The good news is that Chemo is HUGE. He looks MASSIVE. They were $18 in shop as well, which was the normal price before this supposed price hike. I'm hoping to get my hands on at least a few next week, smaller comic week for me.

DragonReach Ghost
Sep 16, 2002

Whorehey posted:

Went to buy Comics at my local shop today and they had Wave 9 there, Guardian, Mantis and Deadshot. I was very tempted to pick one up but I already had a few too many comics under my arm. The good news is that Chemo is HUGE. He looks MASSIVE. They were $18 in shop as well, which was the normal price before this supposed price hike. I'm hoping to get my hands on at least a few next week, smaller comic week for me.

I've seen them at Toys R Us for 12, got Deadshot, Black Adam and Gaurdian unfortunately they had already sold out of the others.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

If anyone doesn't care about Chemo, I'll buy your pieces. Deadshot and Green Arrow are the only figures from this series I want.

Still haven't found series 8, which has several I want...

DragonReach Ghost
Sep 16, 2002

Fish Of Doom posted:

If anyone doesn't care about Chemo, I'll buy your pieces. Deadshot and Green Arrow are the only figures from this series I want.

Still haven't found series 8, which has several I want...

Toys r Us website has a few from Wave 8.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

DCUC wave 12 has been leaked, and it sucks

Spectre
Dr. Midnite
Mary Marvel
Eclipso
Desaad
Copperhead
Iron
cnc Darkseid

This might be the first wave that I skip entirely. None of those characters are worth $15. That also means that this wave will probably be overstocked.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Fish Of Doom posted:

Spectre
Dr. Midnite
Mary Marvel
Eclipso
Desaad
Copperhead
Iron
cnc Darkseid

This might be the first wave that I skip entirely. None of those characters are worth $15. That also means that this wave will probably be overstocked.

That really kinda sucks. I'm glad they're not going the marvel legends route of a Wolverine in every wave, but there's no real big name in that wave, except for the CNC.

Is there any word on which costumes the characters will have? I'm guessing Mary's chase will be her from Final Crisis, as disturbing as that is.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Fish Of Doom posted:

Spectre
Dr. Midnite
Mary Marvel
Eclipso
Desaad
Copperhead
Iron
cnc Darkseid

Aw man, I'm going to have to buy all these lame rear end characters at $15 bucks a pop to get an awesome Darkseid. :(

In good news I did find the Gotham City 5 pack yesterday. It pretty much rules.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

That really kinda sucks. I'm glad they're not going the marvel legends route of a Wolverine in every wave, but there's no real big name in that wave, except for the CNC.

Is there any word on which costumes the characters will have? I'm guessing Mary's chase will be her from Final Crisis, as disturbing as that is.

She'll probably one of the varients. One version with the classic silver and one version with the black shaved head pigtails design. That would be cool though, they'll probably just do 1 version red, 1 version silver.

Spectre will probably be the one with the stand since he's a version of one of DC's famous guys.

This should have been the Wal-Mart exclusive wave.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Yea Spectre, Darkseid and Mary Marvel are the only ones I want, maybe Copperhead

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Fish Of Doom posted:

Spectre
Dr. Midnite
Mary Marvel
Eclipso
Desaad
Copperhead
Iron
cnc Darkseid

I dunno I kinda find most of the way pretty cool. A DCUC Spectre which I might have to pick up. Another member of the JSA, Mary Marvel to complete the Marvel Family, another member of the Metal Men and 3 major DC villains. As long as the Darkseid looks right and is the proper size I might buy them all.

Only problem I can see is a lack of a Triple A character, but they have been pretty smart about that by including those characters again separate in each box without a CnC piece. Hasbro should take that stroke of brilliance.

Hell at least it is one of the six Metal Men down and you can't tell me that you ever thought you would EVER have any Metal Men toys.

EDIT: Yea you can tell I just woke up, I confused the Metal Men and Doom Patrol. Need caffeine.

Djarum fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Aug 29, 2009

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
What does cnc stand for?

edit: Collect and Connect? What was wrong with BaF for Build a Figure?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

They could trademark Collect and Connect or whatever probably

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

bgaesop posted:

What does cnc stand for?

edit: Collect and Connect? What was wrong with BaF for Build a Figure?

Cause marvel legends did BAF first and they have a hard enough time with people just calling them "Marvel Legends but for DC characters" as it is

Ogmios
Dec 2, 2004

Fish Of Doom posted:

Spectre
Dr. Midnite
Mary Marvel
Eclipso
Desaad
Copperhead
Iron
cnc Darkseid

I am really excited about this wave. I really hope for a Glow in the Dark Spectre. A classic Dr. Midnite would be awesome, especially if his owl is there. I love the old-school JSA. Copperhead is the only one I have doubts about. I love that they are starting the Metal Men, they are one of the my favorite groups.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Midtown comics put up this list

"DC Universe Classics Wave 12 Desaad Action Figure With Super Powers Stand
DC Universe Classics Wave 12 Copperhead Action Figure With Darkseid Piece
DC Universe Classics Wave 12 Dr Mid-Nite Action Figure With Darkseid Piece
DC Universe Classics Wave 12 Eclipso Action Figure With Darkseid Piece
DC Universe Classics Wave 12 Iron Action Figure With Darkseid Piece
DC Universe Classics Wave 12 Mary Marvel Regular Red Costume Action Figure With Darkseid Piece
DC Universe Classics Wave 12 Mary Marvel Variant White Costume Action Figure With Darkseid Piece
DC Universe Classics Wave 12 Spectre Action Figure With Darkseid Piece
DC Universe Classics Wave 12 Spectre Glow-In-The-Dark Variant Action Figure With Darkseid Piece"

Disappointed amount the non-Morrison Mary, and kind of perplexed that Desaad's the one that comes with a stand, though I guess the Super Powers stand is different than the normal blue stands. But there's your Glow In The Dark Specter.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

So, uh, which Eclipso is it? I'd maybe get the original, but not the Wildcat 2's brother one or the Jean Loring one.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

RKOMG! posted:

So, uh, which Eclipso is it? I'd maybe get the original, but not the Wildcat 2's brother one or the Jean Loring one.

the Professor
Nov 28, 2002

pi pi
Tell me this is a Final Crisis Darkseid.

Ogmios
Dec 2, 2004

Anyone heard when the re-painted all gold Dr. Fate variant is hitting stores? Or is it already out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Ogmios posted:

Anyone heard when the re-painted all gold Dr. Fate variant is hitting stores? Or is it already out?

Probably in the same wave as the white faced Harley Quinn and the Red Tornado with a new headsculpt.

never