Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Delirious also beat Ricky Marvin with the B.D., but he'd need to beat Kotaro Suzuki to reach the semis and I have a feeling that won't happen. But he'll finish ahead of one or two guys under contract, so that's way better than the expected "maybe he pins someone if he's lucky".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acute Hepatitis
Feb 25, 2008

King of Bikes
good score for him :unsmith:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

quote:

DDT "WELCOME TO NEVERLAND 2009", 25.10.2009 (Samurai! TV)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1.346 Fans - No Vacancy

1. Mitsuya Nagai , MIKAMI, Poison Sawada JULIE & Tanomusaku Toba beat Yukihiro Abe, Tomokazu Taniguchi, Gota Ihashi & Takao Soma (10:16) Right after a straight punch by Toba against Soma.
2. 2 / 3 Falls Match: Chou-un Shiryu defeated Michael Nakazawa (2-0). Shiryu Nakazawa defeated by a Beijing-Style Reverse Gory Driver (0:13). Shiryu Nakazawa defeated by KO (0:47).
2a. Chou-un Shiryu defeated Michael Nakazawa (1:38 ) with Xiaolongbao.
3. Danshoku Dino & Masa Takanashi defeated Hikaru Sato & Tomimitsu Matsunaga (8:05) Connection to a style of Dino Driver Danshoku against Matsunaga.
4. KO-D Tag Team Title: KUDO & Yasu Urano beat (c) Sanshiro Takagi & Ultraman Robin (13:27) Diving after a double by Kneedrop KUDO against Takagi (2nd defense).
5. Young Drama Cup - Final: Keisuke Ishii defeated Sasaki And Gabbana (13:24) Kneel with one kick.
6. UWA Trios Title: Francesco Togo, PIZA Michinoku & Antonio Honda (c) defeated Harashima, Hoshitango & Yukihiro Abe (15:10) after a Diving Fist Drop by Honda against Abe.
7. KO-D Title & Openweight Iron Man Heavy Metal Title: Kota Ibushi (c) defeated YOSHIHIKO (c) (24:05) with a Phoenix Splash (KO-D 2nd defense) - (Iron Man) Title change.
7a. Iron Man Heavy Metal Title: YOSHIHIKO defeated Kota Ibushi (c) (14:58 Clock) with an Inside Cradle - Title change.

-- TV: 60 minutes on 29.10.2009 at Samurai! TV (1) & 60 minutes on 05.11.2009 at Samurai! TV (2).

:toot:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

someone needs to get Samurai TV on Comcast stat.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

HulkaMatt posted:

:toot:

40 minutes of kota ibushi vs yoshihiko!

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I spoon-fed Meltzer the correction about Iwasa in the latest WON :c00l:

edit: Delirious also pinned Shiga, a heavyweight with over a decade of experience, in a singles match.

Ditch fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Oct 27, 2009

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HUSTLE has folded.

:(

quote:

Hustle president Nobuo Yamaguchi announced on 10/28 that the promotion was folding. He made the announcement that they were out of money, and could no longer pay the staff and the wrestlers. He said that the scheduled 10/29 show at Korakuen Hall was canceled, as are all the rest of the shows on the schedule.

Hustle, which called itself a wrestling opera, was a wacky promotion that had big money behind it at first from the same promotion that ran the Pride Fighting Championships. The promotion was at one time strong enough to sign Bill Goldberg for a $125,000 per match deal, and at another point was in negotiations for Steve Austin. Even a few months back, they were paying Bob Sapp $35,000 per week, but as money got tight, they jobbed him out.

They had a cult following, but never were drawing enough to justify the money they were spending. Since Nobuhiko Takada left the promotion as the top heel, interest had gone way down. Many of the shows were before small crowds, and most of those crowds were papered.

While nobody would say so publicly, they were behind on paying a lot of the wrestlers, and the demise of the promotion has been expected for the last couple of months. Yamaguchi said his goal was to eventually bring the promotion back.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Meltzer says they're kaput, but Purolove says they announced they're still going to have a Christmas show at Sumo Hall.

I doubt it was ever profitable, except as a money laundering tool for certain well-connected individuals.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

But.... HUSTLE WILL LIVE FOREVER?! :(

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Ditch posted:

Meltzer says they're kaput, but Purolove says they announced they're still going to have a Christmas show at Sumo Hall.

I doubt it was ever profitable, except as a money laundering tool for certain well-connected individuals.
Does this mean Kawada may have finally paid off whatever Yakuza debt he might have owed?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Man, that's two people today who think Kawada owes someone something.

:argh: Whoever is keeping him from signing with NOAH will feel the full weight of my wrath :argh:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Looks like HUSTLE is selling off leftover merch on the website.

But it is not the HUSTLE AND ROMANCE that I wanted :saddowns:

Ditch posted:

:argh: Whoever is keeping him from signing with NOAH will feel the full weight of my wrath :argh:

One day...? :ohdear:

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/2009/10/29/puroresu-pulse-issue-157-return-of-the-grab-bag
THIS WEEK: Lots o' random tidbits.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

So how are Sasaki & Morishima as a team? I remember I got all excited when I heard they were actually going for the belts but I never actually saw it. They just sound unstoppable.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Morishima just isn't the same with all the extra flab, and they aren't a sort of fast-paced destruction/monster team, so other than the "pretty good" match vs Shiozaki (& a lil' Misawa) they really haven't done much.

Kobashi can't do long singles matches but he'd be perfect for the tag division... then again look what happened earlier this year :(

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
H1N1 struck down Suzuki, meaning a new semi-final matchup in NOAH:

Liger vs Delirious!

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Holy crap!

ROH Delirious is all kinds of stale but I'll be watching the gently caress out of this. Dude must be pumped right now.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

That absolutely rules for Delirious.

Sucks for Kotaro. :(

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://www.noah.co.jp/shop/upload/save_image/09161029_4ab03f7487782.gif
:saddowns:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Since when does NOAH have an online shop?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I want to own this. I really do.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Okay I lost it when I saw that it didn't say Back Drop, but Back Dorp.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

HulkaMatt posted:

Since when does NOAH have an online shop?
Since always? All the feds in Japan do. I mean, if Chikara does...

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Ditch posted:

Since always? All the feds in Japan do. I mean, if Chikara does...

How was I unable to find it?! :doh:

At one point I was looking at puro merchandise and I couldn't seem to find anything from NOAH.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

HulkaMatt posted:

At one point I was looking at puro merchandise and I couldn't seem to find anything from NOAH.
I did some searching and found a shirt labeled Kenta Kobashi Lariats Mars but can't get a larger pic of it because their website is down. Someone make this happen.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Korak posted:

I did some searching and found a shirt labeled Kenta Kobashi Lariats Mars but can't get a larger pic of it because their website is down. Someone make this happen.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

someone trace over this in black and white and we have a new top selling t-shirt.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

HulkaMatt posted:

You're making a crucial mistake in thinking that a NOAH online store equals you obtaining NOAH merch. Unless you live in Japan, which I know that you do not. So you're left with whatever swag KENTA carried with him when he returns next summer.

KungFu Grip posted:

Mars totally no-sold a powerbomb right before that :mad:

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Ditch posted:

Mars totally no-sold a powerbomb right before that :mad:

FIGHTING SPIRIT~!

...which, when you think about it, is perfectly logical for a planet named after a war god to have.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Ditch posted:

You're making a crucial mistake in thinking that a NOAH online store equals you obtaining NOAH merch. Unless you live in Japan, which I know that you do not. So you're left with whatever swag KENTA carried with him when he returns next summer.

Nooo I know that. I just like looking. :)

arthur138
May 26, 2003

quote:

"You talk" too much. Try to fight against me in silence.
Any kind of partner defeants* by back drop.
Big mouse I am kept company with.

I feel like I'm missing a good portion of what Japanese pro wrestling is REALLY about by only watching the matches and not the interviews. The kind of stuff that is hinted at by weird merch and Christmas specials.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Liger beat Delirious with... a Thesz press???

edit: Looks like Shiozaki vs Sugiura for the GHC title at the 12/6 Budokan show.

Ditch fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Oct 31, 2009

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Suggernaut vs. Shiozaki excites me for some reason. :)

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
New Japan announced J Cup 2009 at Korakuen Hall on 12/22 and 12/23. No word yet on participants.

Acute Hepatitis
Feb 25, 2008

King of Bikes
:hfive:

and Kanemaru sucks

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Ditch posted:

New Japan announced J Cup 2009 at Korakuen Hall on 12/22 and 12/23. No word yet on participants.

But what about the CHIKARA J Cup?! :wth:

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I demand:

- Liger vs Sasuke: Crazy Old Men Edition
- Milano vs DG (preferrably Yoshino)

Tournament should be a blast, might as well get pissed about TMIV going too far now instead of in 6 weeks though. Will Marufuji be back by Christmas?

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Nov 1, 2009

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Acute Hepatitis posted:

Kanemaru sucks

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Ditch what are your predictions on Super J Cup entrants? :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

El Hijo Del Ice Cream gonna win it all :dance: