Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

45ShadesOfDeath
Sep 7, 2004
Worst goon in the universe.

Ditch posted:

Yeah, Sasaki/Morishima vs Kobashi/Akiyama is a pretty huge match and might have drawn a near-sellout if it hadn't been killed.

Mildly NWS: http://fi.somethingawful.com/is/img237/3659/20091209sugiura1210400.jpg

404'd sorry sire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

45ShadesOfDeath posted:

404'd sorry sire.

Its the image on f4wonline.com

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Added to NJ 1/4: Tanahashi vs Shiozaki, and (official) Sugiura vs Goto. Stuart of puroresufan.com says to expect Nakamura vs Takayama.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Ditch posted:

Added to NJ 1/4: Tanahashi vs Shiozaki, and (official) Sugiura vs Goto. Stuart of puroresufan.com says to expect Nakamura vs Takayama.

Card is coming along nicely! :neckbeard:

So do you expect the Dudleyz to still hold the titles when this show is over?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

HulkaMatt posted:

I'd guess the three way will allow them to drop the belts without being pinned so they can keep up their markish desire to not lose in Japan.

Personally I hope the ghost of Hashimoto forces their asses to job.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I remember hearing they actually have lost once.

In 1998 at FMW.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
IWGP Tag Team Title - 3WAY Hardcore Rules Match: Giant Bernard & Karl Anderson beat "Team 3D" Brother Ray & Brother Devon (c) and Yujiro & Tetsuya Naito (10:34) when Anderson pinned Ray, after Ray was elevated into the air by an invisible force and dropped on his head, to become the 55th champions.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ditch posted:

IWGP Tag Team Title - 3WAY Hardcore Rules Match: Giant Bernard & Karl Anderson beat "Team 3D" Brother Ray & Brother Devon (c) and Yujiro & Tetsuya Naito (10:34) when Anderson pinned Ray, after Ray was elevated into the air by an invisible force and dropped on his head, to become the 55th champions.

i cant tell if this is a joke or not

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
The best results are fake results :(

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

in 30 years puro matches will be like fights from dragon ball.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

dusty udder smoker posted:

in 30 years puro matches will be like fights from dragon ball.

Well the wrestlers have been powering up for years, its just a matter of time til one of them have their hair turn yellow and they burst into flames.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Ditch posted:

You are right.

This would be the best result.

American Clamdigger
Oct 21, 2008
Just checked out a couple matches from the Marufuji return show. Hero looked like a star, and I thought the exchanges between Edwards and Ito in particular were nice. Someone learn me on this Ito cat, I haven't seen him before. Marufuji and Aoki brought it once that got going too. Good stuff.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Ito's another dojo guy, he's been around about as long as Aoki I think.

I love the way this batch of trainees is coming along. Aoki really needs to grow his 'fro back though.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Check out Kobashi/KENTA vs Go/Ito from August for more Ito. Though he's the least man in there by a lot, he does fine.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/2009/12/18/puroresu-pulse-issue-160-best-of-2006-through-2008/
THIS WEEK: A bunch of 'best match' stuff that won't be in the match pimping thread for a while.

arthur138
May 26, 2003
J-Cup Round 1!

Strong Style Spirit posted:

1. Tigers Mask beat Taichi (6:41) with a ground Octopus hold.
2. Ryusuke Taguchi beat GENTARO (10:39) with the Dodon.
3. YAMATO beat AKIRA (8:13) by submission.
4. Danshoku Dino beat Jado (10:14) with a Gedo clutch.
5. Gedo beat Kota Ibushi (14:15) with a Gedo clutch.
6. Prince Devitt beat Atsushi Aoki (10:51) with a vertical drop DDT.
7. Koji Kanemoto beat Fujita “Jr.” Hayato (13:45) with an ankle hold.
8. Naomichi Marufuji beat Jushin Thunder Liger () with the Pole Shift.

gently caress you, Gedo!

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

arthur138 posted:

J-Cup Round 1!

gently caress you, Gedo!

Yes, but danshoku continues, and marafuji beat liger, which is cool. Although a gedo clutch isn't gay enough for dino, I think.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Dino using it makes sense in the context of Jado being Gedo's life partner. Though there's really no chance they'll meet later in the tournament so :confused:

Acute Hepatitis
Feb 25, 2008

King of Bikes
setting up the blow-off in SUMO HALL.

Dino/Ibushi vs. Gedo/Jado

But Ibushi gets attacked before the match by Gedo so YOSHIHIKO fills in.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

What the hell is the Pole Shift? Is that his new tiger driver into frosion deal?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
It's the sorta vertical drop ki crusher thingy. Used against KENTA on 10/29/06 and Morishima on 9/9/07.

American Clamdigger
Oct 21, 2008

zrrgin posted:

What the hell is the Pole Shift? Is that his new tiger driver into frosion deal?

No, he's used it for quite a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrfsx_dD_fs

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Getting pissed about Gedo eliminating people from tournaments ... WHAT IS THIS SOME KIND OF TIME WARP TO TEN YEARS AGO?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Day 2:
1. SUPER J-CUP - Round 2: YAMATO beat Gedo (8:36) by referee stop.
2. SUPER J-CUP - Round 2: Prince Devitt beat Danshoku Dino (5:49) with a diving footstomp.
3. SUPER J-CUP - Round 2: Ryusuke Taguchi beat Koji Kanemoto (10:14) with an achilles tendon hold.
4. SUPER J-CUP - Round 2: Naomichi Marufuji beat Tigers Mask (6:39) with an Aussie suplex hold.
5. SUPER J-CUP - Semi Final: Prince Devitt beat YAMATO (8:41) with a vertical drop DDT.
6. SUPER J-CUP - Semi Final: Naomichi Marufuji beat Ryusuke Taguchi (10:57) with the Shiranui.
7. SUPER J-CUP Special 8 Man Tag: Jushin Thunder Liger, AKIRA, Taichi & Kota Ibushi beat Gedo, Atsushi Aoki , GENTARO & Fujita “Jr.” Hayato (17:41) when AKIRA used a la magistral on Gedo.
8. SUPER J-CUP - Final: Naomichi Marufuji beat Prince Devitt (18:06) with the Pole Shift.

Kinda eerie how many people predicted the final.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

MARUFUJI VS. DEVITT! :neckbeard:

Day 2 looks pretty drat good.

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn
What are the chances of KENTA becoming GHC Heavyweight champion? Dude's classed as a junior and correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Marafuji's title reign a bit of a bust when it came to the box office?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Iffy. NOAH's booking has kept the smaller guys out of the mains for quite a while. KENTA would most certainly be an exception.

45ShadesOfDeath
Sep 7, 2004

Ditch posted:

4. SUPER J-CUP - Round 2: Naomichi Marufuji beat Tigers Mask (6:39) with an Aussie suplex hold.

He actually beats people with that move? Wow.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
He pinned KENTA with it once in 2006.

And I think KENTA would need to add at least 7KG of muscle to become a potential heavyweight champ. Marufuji's reign wasn't so good for business but it also came right after Kobashi left. Misawa drew better but that's really to be expected. I don't know that Rikio or Morishima would have done more than Marufuji in '06. All that said, Marufuji had bulked up and used a style where it made sense that he could sneak out wins against heavies. KENTA uses brute force, so he needs to get bigger to be credible getting knockout-style pins on big names. Sugiura is about his height but much thicker, and even he's only getting a push because they're desperate.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ditch posted:

And I think KENTA would need to add at least 7KG of muscle to become a potential heavyweight champ. Marufuji's reign wasn't so good for business but it also came right after Kobashi left. Misawa drew better but that's really to be expected. I don't know that Rikio or Morishima would have done more than Marufuji in '06. All that said, Marufuji had bulked up and used a style where it made sense that he could sneak out wins against heavies. KENTA uses brute force, so he needs to get bigger to be credible getting knockout-style pins on big names. Sugiura is about his height but much thicker, and even he's only getting a push because they're desperate.

Wasn't the reason 'Fuji didn't draw well that they took like a huge chunk of the big names off the cards he was on as champ?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
No, that is not the case at all. As I said, no Kobashi due to cancer, but that's it.

45ShadesOfDeath
Sep 7, 2004

Ditch posted:

That hurts my brain. Marufuji is one of my favorite wrestlers but it pains me to think he would use something as dumb as the australian suplex and win with it.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I thought it looked fine as a flash pin.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

45ShadesOfDeath posted:

That hurts my brain. Marufuji is one of my favorite wrestlers but it pains me to think he would use something as dumb as the australian suplex and win with it.

To be fair its not like TigersMask is a series wrestler. Dude's gimmick was based of the Tigers baseball team over in Japan.

For KENTA I don't have an explanation.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

KungFu Grip posted:

To be fair its not like TigersMask is a series wrestler. Dude's gimmick was based of the Tigers baseball team over in Japan.

For KENTA I don't have an explanation.

I don't like the move, I think it looks like rear end, but it's a pin that does no damage to the opponent, you need to win with it occasionally so you don't look retarded.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Marufuji also worked a match for his promotion the same day as Day 2 of the J Cup, so he's absolutely insane.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Marufuji gonna kick the poo poo out of Tiger Mask IV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Wanna see that Devitt vs. Fuji match NOW.