Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
But Marufuji's hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

When did this happen?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

When did this happen?

When Omega tossed him into a turnbuckle wrong.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Ah poo poo I wasn't aware he was out for an extended period of time.

Or I was and I forgot.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Yeah, I thought he was working through it. Maybe I imagined it.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
KENTA vs Kanemaru (first time since Destiny 2005) and Big Boss Sugi vs Go for Budokan. They really need a good attendance for this, what else do you think they'll pull out? Is Marufuji gonna be healthy in time for this?

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Sep 3, 2010

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
No way is Marufuji back after just 2 months.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kojima get fed another midcarder. Or they could do something like Sasaki/Morishima vs Kojima/Yoshie. That would be fun.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Stealing this from Alan who stole it from some body else.

Alan4L posted:

Credit to Stu Max at puroresufan as always. Loads of this was set up in AWESOME angles on today's show which I've already watched on youtube.

9/10 Differ, 9/26 Kobe, and 10/11 Sumo Hall card updates; new title matches!
September 3rd, 2010

Generation rivals Hirooki Goto and Shinsuke Nakamura go to war at Sumo Hall on October 11th in one of three new matches added to that show today. The other pits two of the vibrant young stars of New Japan, Tanahashi and Naito, against each other. Apollo 55 defend their IWGP Jr. Tag Team Title on the 9/10 Kobe World Hall show against Jado & Gedo in a match also announced today but the winners of that will have to defend again quickly as they battle DDT’s Kota Ibushi & Kenny Omega at Sumo Hall. The Kobe World event also has Kanemoto’s 20th anniversary match as he battles the man who pinned him today, Davey Richards, along with TAJIRI vs. Yano and Bad Intentions vs. Nagata & Wataru for the IWGP Tag Team Title!

NJPW, 9/26/10 (WPW/PPV)
Kobe World Hall

1. Riki Choshu, Manabu Nakanishi & Tiger Mask vs. Takashi Iizuka, Yujiro Takahashi & Tomohiro Ishii
2. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Prince Devitt & Ryusuke Taguchi (c) vs. Jado & Gedo
3. Special Singles Match: TAJIRI vs. Toru Yano
4. Koji Kanemoto 20th Anniversary Match: Koji Kanemoto vs. Davey Richards
5. IWGP Tag Team Title: Giant Bernard & Karl Anderson (c) vs. Yuji Nagata & Wataru Inoue
6. Tomoaki Honma vs. Satoshi Kojima
7. Special Tag Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi & Hirooki Goto vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Tetsuya Naito
8. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Togi Makabe (c) vs. Masato Tanaka ZERO1

NJPW “DESTRUCTION ‘10″, 10/11/10 (WPW/PPV)
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Winners of Apollo 55/Jado & Gedo (c) vs. Kota Ibushi Dramatic Dream Team & Kenny Omega Dramatic Dream Team
2. Special Singles Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tetsuya Naito
3. Special Singles Match: Hirooki Goto vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
4. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Winner of Makabe/Tanaka (c) vs. Satoshi Kojima

Davey Richards vs. Kanemoto and a possibility of Apollo55 vs. Ibushi/Omega :aaaaa:

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
I thought Ibushi was hurt. Would that be his first match back?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Yes. Keep in mind he was hurt back in June, and it wasn't THAT bad-looking.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
There was some marvellous trash-talking between Jado / Gedo and Devitt in the aftermath of Devitt's defense against Omega.
http://www.youtube.com/user/passione2002L#p/u/11/3syGgvvAxPs

"I have two belts here, what do you have? That's right, your stupid Levis belt.":colbert:

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Man they throw "gently caress" around like it's nothing in Japan.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
All Japan January 20th 1997

Taue vs Akiyama
http://theditch.biz/TaueVsAkiyama1-20-97.avi

One of the best two or three matches under 10 minutes in the history of the company. It's a remarkably 'complete' match, and does a good job continuing the story of the '96 tag final (GO SEE THAT IF YOU HAVEN'T YET)

Kobashi vs Misawa, Triple Crown
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9FNCKVD6

The 'consensus' pick as their best match against each other, and a big step up from what they'd done to date. Great strategy from Kobashi, one of the more epic finishing runs ever, this is must-see.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

why hasn't WWE picked up Devitt? Is he blacklisted or something?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

He's currently working for the biggest company in Japan, he went through that company's dojo, the company in question has a fully operational junior heavyweight division for which he's being built up as a future pillar and of which he's currently holding both belts.

New Japan also seems quite high on Davey Richards, he's facing Kanemoto in his 20th Anniversary match on the next PPV.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Sep 4, 2010

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

quote:

DDT "CAMPING-GROUND PRO-WRESTLING 2010 ~ THANK YOU DRAMATIC DREAM TEAM FAREWELL CAMPGROUND"
12/09/2010
Yamanashi Natureland Om

1. 4 Way Tag Match: Dick Togo & Kota Ibushi Vs Keisuke Ishii & YOSHIHIKO Vs Michael Nakazawa & Mammoth Handa Vs Sanshiro Takagi & X

:toot:

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Oh god, I don't think YOSHIHIKO will make it out of that alive.

Never thought I'd see Togo in one of these.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Illinois Smith posted:

Oh god, I don't think YOSHIHIKO will make it out of that alive.

Never thought I'd see Togo in one of these.

Why? He loves the wacky poo poo, I saw him beat somebody in one of their anywhere matches of the past. I can't remember where it was technically set, but it ended with dick solemnly canoeing down a river with his passed out opponent in the boat with him.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Oh that reminds me, in terms of other wackiness at Ice Ribbon's 9/21 show The Great Kojika, Riho and Mr. 6 are going to defend their various trios titles against Miyako Matsumoto, Jun Kasai and Jaki Numazawa. I hope to god that is as awesome as the the Miyako/Kasai vs. Nanae/Shimouma vs. GENTARO/Yano match was.

Also more campsite pro wrestling! And with YOSHIHIKO! I can only hope there's something as great as HARASHIMA driving a truck.

Although what's with the title? Is it just a random wacky DDT title or do they not plan on doing anymore campsite matches after this?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Right, that was this one.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6lnp8_dick-togo-vs-antonio-honda_sport

I guess you're right, he's been around for a while and has taken part in lots of DDT wackiness.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Illinois Smith posted:

Right, that was this one.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6lnp8_dick-togo-vs-antonio-honda_sport

I guess you're right, he's been around for a while and has taken part in lots of DDT wackiness.

My memory sure was poor about the ending shot. It was way better than I remembered, as dick togo is an amazing man.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Suben posted:

Oh that reminds me, in terms of other wackiness at Ice Ribbon's 9/21 show The Great Kojika, Riho and Mr. 6 are going to defend their various trios titles against Miyako Matsumoto, Jun Kasai and Jaki Numazawa. I hope to god that is as awesome as the the Miyako/Kasai vs. Nanae/Shimouma vs. GENTARO/Yano match was.

Oh my God! My favorite trio, still doing their thing, and at Ice Ribbon no less. I hope to hell I'm able to download this when it comes out.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I know this might seem like a weird question, but in which Sano Vs Liger match did Sano do an Irish Whip but instead of letting go he wrenched Liger's arm?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
If I had to guess it would be August '89 because that was focused on Liger's arm.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Illinois Smith posted:

He's currently working for the biggest company in Japan, he went through that company's dojo, the company in question has a fully operational junior heavyweight division for which he's being built up as a future pillar and of which he's currently holding both belts.

Pretty much he makes more money in NJ, is treated with more respect, has options in Japan to work elsewhere and being the greatest Junior Heavyweight in Japan is a better career goal than getting a concussion during a Money in the Bank ladder match you'll never be booked to win.

Hinoarashi
Mar 28, 2010

Lone Rogue posted:

Pretty much he makes more money in NJ, is treated with more respect, has options in Japan to work elsewhere and being the greatest Junior Heavyweight in Japan is a better career goal than getting a concussion during a Money in the Bank ladder match you'll never be booked to win.

Is NJ's pay equal (on scale) to the WWE?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Hinoarashi posted:

Is NJ's pay equal (on scale) to the WWE?
Not even close position-by-position. The question is, where on the totem pole would Devitt be in WWE? And I'm thinking... not any higher than Low Ki. Also, maybe WWE would pay more, but how much of that would be wrestling two or three times as often? Per show, NJ could be far ahead.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/2010/09/09/puroresu-pulse-issue-179-odds-and-ends
THIS WEEK: Grab bag. Wooo!

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Can someone add the words 'Puroresu Pulse' to this most badass of pics, in the central darkish area?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Holy poo poo. :gonk:

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
What the gently caress japan, STOP IT

skyliner
Sep 16, 2006

I'm terrible with fonts.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
That pic is from June '03. The kick doesn't look nearly that brutal on video.
http://theditch.us/TakayamaVsNakamura6-13-03.avi

Font suggestion: Mistral or AR Destine, italicized. There's probably better fonts or something though. My font expertise is minimal.

skyliner
Sep 16, 2006

Ditch posted:

That pic is from June '03. The kick doesn't look nearly that brutal on video.
http://theditch.us/TakayamaVsNakamura6-13-03.avi

Font suggestion: Mistral or AR Destine, italicized. There's probably better fonts or something though. My font expertise is minimal.

Well, I tried. I can't find that AR Destine font off-hand.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

infinity 188 is really cool & genki completely knocked it out of the park. ditch what did you think of the shingo/hulk hair vs. hair match from july?

skyliner
Sep 16, 2006

One more try. Sorry I can't help more Ditch.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Thanks for the effort skyliner, it's certainly better than I can manage.

(note: I'm still interested in what others can come up with!)

The Shaman of Cum posted:

infinity 188 is really cool & genki completely knocked it out of the park. ditch what did you think of the shingo/hulk hair vs. hair match from july?
I hate DG Big Match Style and thus hated it. I have liked exactly 1 standard DG vs DG match in the last three years. I haven't liked a proper DG vs DG singles match since 2005.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The one you asked for that skyliner couldn't find/didn't have:

One that I thought went better with an image of a guy kicking someone in the throat so hard that it makes the other person spit blood:

And of course the Comedy Option:

If you want a different color just say.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Sionistic posted:

What the gently caress japan, STOP IT

I guess they have this reaction
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6CCMiPTMSs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skyliner
Sep 16, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

One that I thought went better with an image of a guy kicking someone in the throat so hard that it makes the other person spit blood:

OK, this one is awesome.