Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark-E
Oct 1, 2006
Suck out the poison. Quick!

Jonnty posted:

What's the song accompanying the link just after 17 minutes? (I think it's UK only I'm afraid.)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00vt79w/Russell_Howards_Good_News_Series_3_Episode_4/

Battles - Atlas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv38m36-nsU

And now mine. Sounds something like Boards of Canada.
http://www.failiem.lv/list.php?i=dursie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capt. Carl
Jan 14, 2007

Fear is the darkroom where the Devil develops his negatives.
Need help finding the title and artist of a song, can't find their lyrics anywhere. It opens and ends with a banjo amd a horn then it starts to get kind of intense with drums, guitar, tambourines, claps and piano.

Lyrics:

"There is stars in the sky, in the sky. There is stars in the sky, in the sky. But there's something wrong with the sky. But there's something wrong with the sky."

"Where are the stars in the sky when you blink? Do they turn into yellow and white suns? Do they reflect the only free ways? to Guide you out, to guide you out, to guide you out."

Thank you!

Medical Sword
May 23, 2005

Goghing, Goghing, gone
What's the Muse song where at the end of the chorus(?) bellamy goes "AHH-ahh-ahh" with the notes getting lower on each ahh? The ahh's might be the last syllable of a word, I don't know. Pretty weak description but muse is really popular so I figure someone will know what I'm talking about.

I don't even loving like Muse, I just have those ahh's stuck in my head and I need to kill it.

e: I'm definitely not talking about Knights of Cydonia, it's much more upbeat with almost a punkish energy to it.

Medical Sword fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Nov 21, 2010

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

A drat FOG posted:

What's the Muse song where at the end of the chorus(?) bellamy goes "AHH-ahh-ahh" with the notes getting lower on each ahh? The ahh's might be the last syllable of a word, I don't know. Pretty weak description but muse is really popular so I figure someone will know what I'm talking about.

I don't even loving like Muse, I just have those ahh's stuck in my head and I need to kill it.

that's like half the muse catalog

Maybe you're thinking of Map of the Problematique? (go to 1:27 for some aahing)

Medical Sword
May 23, 2005

Goghing, Goghing, gone
Yeah I realize it's not a lot to go on but I've heard a lot of muse songs (my friend is nuts about them) and can't remember which one it is I'm thinking of. It's a faster song than the one you linked and the ahh's only last for a short time, I think it's like "blah blah lyrics blah blah blahh-ahh-ahh (definitely only 3-4 ahh's). *then probably a verse or something*"

Thanks for trying at any rate!

Medical Sword
May 23, 2005

Goghing, Goghing, gone
It was thoughts of a dying atheist, the ahhs were a little less ahh-y than I remembered, I guess they were more "whoas"

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I need help remembering the name of a band.

They're a British folk rock/indie band who I'm quite sure have only one album out (released in 2009, if I remember correctly) and have recently been getting airplay in the US. My girlfriend likes them, and I want to get her their album for Christmas, but I don't remember their name and it would be too obvious if I just asked her. I unfortunately don't remember anything specific about the music itself.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Rollersnake posted:

They're a British folk rock/indie band who I'm quite sure have only one album out (released in 2009, if I remember correctly) and have recently been getting airplay in the US. My girlfriend likes them, and I want to get her their album for Christmas, but I don't remember their name and it would be too obvious if I just asked her. I unfortunately don't remember anything specific about the music itself.
maybe Mumford and Sons

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005

Rollersnake posted:

If you're not 100% sure that they are British, maybe Fleet Foxes? If you are 100% sure that they are British, disregard this

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Paperhouse posted:

maybe Mumford and Sons

That's them. Thanks!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QClljAbxeG4

1:10 - 1:27 ish

It's an R&B song from the mid 90's, and there is no lyrics at all. Any ideas? Probably a longshot.

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

My opinions, though not completely awful are expressed in a tiresome and needlessly aggressive way. Please help me to chill out.
Does anyone know the name of a dance tune that came out a few years ago that had a video consisting entirely people inside a house doing a 'dance' that was basically simulated sex? The section of the song I can remember was basically a snare drum rhythm.

I suck and can't remember any more about it, but thanks if anyone can help!

Drevoak
Jan 30, 2007

gwynster posted:

Does anyone know the name of a dance tune that came out a few years ago that had a video consisting entirely people inside a house doing a 'dance' that was basically simulated sex? The section of the song I can remember was basically a snare drum rhythm.

I suck and can't remember any more about it, but thanks if anyone can help!

Major Lazer "Pon De Floor"?

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

My opinions, though not completely awful are expressed in a tiresome and needlessly aggressive way. Please help me to chill out.

Drevoak posted:

Major Lazer "Pon De Floor"?

Many 5s for you man, thank you!

dsh
Aug 2, 2003
This is a major long shot, but when my brother used to give me rides to elementary school, he always played this french techno song. It had female vocals that sounded to me (in English) something like this: "too few too flam" and "in regards to the disk jockey." It's now a decade later and I'd really like to find that song for nostalgic reasons.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm lookin' for a version of Blue Moon with a really relaxed, almost sleepy surf/steel guitar doing the melody. May be just during the bridge, it may be an instrumental track, might even be a song that sounds almost exactly like Blue Moon but isn't (but if it's that, it's as close as Twinkle Twinkle Little Star is to the Alphabet song)

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Phy posted:

I'm lookin' for a version of Blue Moon with a really relaxed, almost sleepy surf/steel guitar doing the melody. May be just during the bridge, it may be an instrumental track, might even be a song that sounds almost exactly like Blue Moon but isn't (but if it's that, it's as close as Twinkle Twinkle Little Star is to the Alphabet song)

The Ventures did a Blue Moon cover, but it's not particularly relaxed or sleepy. I suspect you might actually be thinking of Sleep Walk by Santo & Johnny.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Erebus posted:

I suspect you might actually be thinking of Sleep Walk by Santo & Johnny.

Holy poo poo, that's it exactly. Thanks!

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

dsh posted:

This is a major long shot, but when my brother used to give me rides to elementary school, he always played this french techno song. It had female vocals that sounded to me (in English) something like this: "too few too flam" and "in regards to the disk jockey." It's now a decade later and I'd really like to find that song for nostalgic reasons.

Sash - Encore Une Fois?

TheWintergreen
Sep 25, 2007
I'm 90% sure I heard this on some indie rock station on Sirius XM radio, but it may be from a recent movie or commercial.

I remember the chorus is a group of young males singing basically "Bah da bah da, da da da da, dah dah bah dah" but they start out higher, then go lower, then lower again, then they start to go back up.

I think the first time, there is some music playing when they do the chorus, then later in the song, it's just the chorus singing that.

It's indie-alternative-pop but it still has a very radio friendly sound to it.

The first time the singer (male) starts to sing something, he sings "Lately, I feel that...", although I may be wrong, and the lyrics may be off.

YO MAMA HEAD
Sep 11, 2007

so i really feel like i recognize the bassline from "all i want is you" by miguel, it seems like i've heard doom rapping over it. am i crazy because i can't find any sample sources for it

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

TheWintergreen posted:

I'm 90% sure I heard this on some indie rock station on Sirius XM radio, but it may be from a recent movie or commercial.

I remember the chorus is a group of young males singing basically "Bah da bah da, da da da da, dah dah bah dah" but they start out higher, then go lower, then lower again, then they start to go back up.

I think the first time, there is some music playing when they do the chorus, then later in the song, it's just the chorus singing that.

The first time the singer (male) starts to sing something, he sings "Lately, I feel that...", although I may be wrong, and the lyrics may be off.

Eh, it's not exactly what you described, but this was the first thing that came to mind:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exg_b0B-RFs

I have one though, can anyone tell me what the "Away Away" part of this song is from:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBTnzopA3ao

rollick
Mar 20, 2009

TheWintergreen posted:

Na Na Na by My Chemical Romance ?

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

TheWintergreen posted:

Could be Ring That Bell by Parlour Steps?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ9IwEGH9G4

Pikey
Dec 25, 2004
Not a lot to go off, but the main tune of the song sounds like the tune of the original Mad World by tears for fears, with the lyrics having a slower paul simon feel. I can't for the life of me remember it and its driving me mad

Liquid Criminal
Mar 5, 2007

You do whatever work comes your way
Two famous songs covered in seemingly obscure versions I need IDing here.

First one is a version of "Mack the Knife" heard here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJsSxtYIZGY

Second is a version of "Anniversary Dance" heard here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mumgANqzIN0

I've found other versions, but these two are particularly dancable. I'll take what I can get!

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

Pikey posted:

Not a lot to go off, but the main tune of the song sounds like the tune of the original Mad World by tears for fears, with the lyrics having a slower paul simon feel. I can't for the life of me remember it and its driving me mad

The Gary Jules version from Donnie Darko I guess?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4

Pikey
Dec 25, 2004

Steve Holt! posted:

The Gary Jules version from Donnie Darko I guess?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4

No, not this. I feel bad cause i just have a few second clip of it in my head but i can't shake it. The melody is like the mad world theme but with a tribal drum feel with the lyrics on top. I want to say its from a movie soundtrack or something simply because i can't remember other songs associated with it from an album

bomblol
Jul 17, 2009

my first crapatar
I'm looking for a group of DJs, or maybe just one DJ. Either way, they made mashups and may have been involved in the Bootie scene- the mashups were long mixes, akin to Ludachrist or Kleptones or Girl Talk or something of that sort. I don't really remember much about them, other than one of their mixes started out with an audio clip, a quote that went:

"Last night I attended a rave at a warehouse in Hereford.
There were many young people dressed in cycling shorts and
loose-fitting long-sleeved T-Shirts. I felt somewhat displaced,
until a young man took me into a toilet cubicle and sold me a
tab of E. Thenceforth, I bopped till day-break in single-minded
pursuit of the groove. Jesus didn't dance, but his beat goes on."

Aaaand, I found it 30 minutes later by pure chance. Outlaws.

bomblol fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Nov 25, 2010

Liface
Jun 17, 2001

by T. Finn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYIJa-UmtVQ#t=0m21s
What's the song that starts at 21 seconds in?

Verdance
May 9, 2007
Tweak

Liface posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYIJa-UmtVQ#t=0m21s
What's the song that starts at 21 seconds in?

Lil Wayne feat Eminem - Drop the World.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h7wqU8e_Dg

Helmacron
Jun 3, 2005

looking down at the world
I've tried everything I could think of. But there's no lyrics, and following the youtube link around to forums trying to find somebody who mentioned the music in it didn't turn up diddly.

So does anyone have any idea what song this could be?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHxqyN-TahA

The Gate of Nanna
Sep 20, 2008

:c00l: My Editor :c00l:

The Gate of Nanna posted:

I heard a song on soma.fm a few weeks ago and I forgot to write it down.

- From the Doomed channel.
- Was from the electronic, industrial, tribal genre (note: I know 0 about these genres)
- Sounds very similar to This Morn' Omina (I heard the song Currents from them which triggered my memory)
- I believe the only lyrics in it were "I walk alone" (or something very similar sounding) in this kind of deep voice with just a little voice effects
- It was a pretty long song too, I'd guess around 10-12 minutes

Finally found it. It's "I Walk Alone" by the Hybryds from "Cortex Stimulation". Awesome.

cormorant
Nov 3, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I heard this song approx. ten years ago. It was sort of a rockin folk song, and most all I remember of it is the chorus, where a man is singing "sitting in the back of my long black cadillac." The song had a really dark, heavy feel to it, it seemed like he was singing about dissatisfaction.

Any suggestions? google doesn't help with this, I've tried.

chachu
Jul 4, 2007

cuttin' cat faces in the pines.

cormorant posted:

I heard this song approx. ten years ago. It was sort of a rockin folk song, and most all I remember of it is the chorus, where a man is singing "sitting in the back of my long black cadillac." The song had a really dark, heavy feel to it, it seemed like he was singing about dissatisfaction.

Google suggested http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bANSizYxh-w It's pretty rockin'. That's not it?

Tingles
Jul 26, 2006

cormorant posted:

(I don't even know how I would know this song, but) your description made me think of this- Dwight Yoakam- Long White Cadillac

cormorant
Nov 3, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
thanks, but, nah.

Bolkovr
Apr 20, 2002

A chump and a hoagie going buck wild

Liquid Criminal posted:

First one is a version of "Mack the Knife" heard here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJsSxtYIZGY

That's gotta be Michael Buble.

Liquid Criminal
Mar 5, 2007

You do whatever work comes your way

Bolkovr posted:

That's gotta be Michael Buble.

You'd think, but I'm only finding two versions by him, neither of which are quite the same. Maybe it was edited for the showcase.

HOWEVER, your tip DID help me pin down the version I wanted for THIS video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjCXCwONF4w

So yeah. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaosPV
Sep 25, 2007
Mediterranean schizo
Does anyone know an 80's song, kind of EBM or synthpop-esque, which had a part when the singer was saying something along the lines of "Don't be, don't be such a drag", and then some guitar riff came in for 4 bars, then the music stopped, and a TR-808 rhythm came back in?

I know it sounds like a surrealist description. I'll try to chop out a part of the song from a mix I have to post it here, just giving it a shot if anyone recognizes it.