Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Afterdark posted:

The reason they focused on Guy Martin I think is because he is the underdog right now

I think the most important reason is that he is a feast of a character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gnaghi posted:

:barf:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Deeters posted:

Nevermind the Suzuki hand sign, let's make CA salute the one footed boner air.

Along the lines of this and the Suzuki gang sign, somebody somewhere needs to come up with a "ATGATT wave." Saw a dude on an R1 the other day in full gear, and here in FL in the Summer that's just mindbogglingly rare. In fact, in the 8 years I've been here, I think he may actually be the fist one I've seen.

Anyhow, I wanted to throw the guy a thumbs up, but that'd likely be interpreted as a "cool bike" gesture, when what I wanted to express was really "hey man, it's :krad: that you're wearing gear." I couldn't really think of any simple-to-make hand gesture that could possibly be interpreted as that though, so somebody needs to come up with something and somehow make it catch on enough so you can show your respect to those out there who take remaining attached to their skin seriously.

Phat_Albert posted:

I like the Bombardier Spyders, especially from the perspective of getting disabled people on a bike of some sort, but they've really been cheesing them out lately.

They need to make a lean, trimmed down one with a single headlight.

For a while now I've had a morbid desire to see a "naked" Spyder. Does/can such a thing exist? :ohdear:

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Boat posted:

For a while now I've had a morbid desire to see a "naked" Spyder. Does/can such a thing exist? :ohdear:

It would like running your car without panels.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Boat posted:

Along the lines of this and the Suzuki gang sign, somebody somewhere needs to come up with a "ATGATT wave." Saw a dude on an R1 the other day in full gear, and here in FL in the Summer that's just mindbogglingly rare. In fact, in the 8 years I've been here, I think he may actually be the fist one I've seen.

Anyhow, I wanted to throw the guy a thumbs up, but that'd likely be interpreted as a "cool bike" gesture, when what I wanted to express was really "hey man, it's :krad: that you're wearing gear." I couldn't really think of any simple-to-make hand gesture that could possibly be interpreted as that though, so somebody needs to come up with something and somehow make it catch on enough so you can show your respect to those out there who take remaining attached to their skin seriously.

Tap your knee sliders!

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I loved Stellan Egeland's Harrier and now the follow up is even more awesome.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Underneath the Spyder's exoskeleton is a mutilated snowmobile going "kill...meeee...".

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Z3n posted:

Tap your knee sliders!

That's actually pretty drat good.

renraku posted:

It would like running your car without panels.

Well, sand rails can look pretty cool sometimes...

Ola posted:

Underneath the Spyder's exoskeleton is a mutilated snowmobile going "kill...meeee...".

But yeah, that's probably closer to the truth.

Still curious, mind you.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

Boat posted:

Still curious, mind you.

Here's the best pic I could find with a quick GIS. If you took the very front off you'd have a big plastic tub for the trunk and the linkage is underneath that. Whenever I take the panels of my RSS I'll be sure to grab pics.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Looks like a snow mobile.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Ola posted:

Neon Genesis Spyder-gelion?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I think myself and renraku are the only people in ca who don't absolutely hate the spyders. I think they look like they might be fun to ride or at least a complement to another bike

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

BlackMK4 posted:

Looks like a snow mobile.

Would probably be cool to take a snowmobile to the street.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Phat_Albert posted:

I think myself and renraku are the only people in ca who don't absolutely hate the spyders. I think they look like they might be fun to ride or at least a complement to another bike

Im ok with them on the account of the rolling burnout potential.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

What about a snow mobile engine in a bike?

Wish I had more info on this, but its the only picture I took. It also looks like it's never ridden.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQoY7ECyoN8
How about this snow mobile powered bike?

Skier
Apr 24, 2003

Fuck yeah.
Fan of Britches

Phat_Albert posted:

I don't hate 'em, but they have the same issue as regular trikes: all the downsides of three wheels and only one of the upsides.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BlackMK4 posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQoY7ECyoN8
How about this snow mobile powered bike?

This YouTube comment eloquently describes the way I feel about that bike:

"4 stroke is always better. unless your a little dirtbike 2 stroke fag.. its all about gearing and low end power. if your smart enough to understand a powerband and how it works you will know that the only reason 2 strokes have so much power is because they wind up so fast. 4 stroke has balls from the get go niger... so stop being 2 stroke FAGETS!!!"

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hey, he's 16, he knows what he's talking about, alright?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

kylej posted:

This YouTube comment eloquently describes the way I feel about that bike:

"4 stroke is always better. unless your a little dirtbike 2 stroke fag.. its all about gearing and low end power. if your smart enough to understand a powerband and how it works you will know that the only reason 2 strokes have so much power is because they wind up so fast. 4 stroke has balls from the get go niger... so stop being 2 stroke FAGETS!!!"

600cc 4 stroke supersports: all about low end power.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

2ndclasscitizen posted:

I loved Stellan Egeland's Harrier and now the follow up is even more awesome.

Came here to post this. I wonder how much he charges to build one, cause I'd sell a kidney, lung and testicle...

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
Unfortunately some idiot reversed onto him (Stellan's blog in Swedish):

http://vardagsmighty.blogspot.com/2011/06/nu-ar-jag-inte-sa-glad.html

"Driver: I didn't see you"

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

It's here, they even sent their own "spyshots" lol:

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/husqvarna-street-bike-spy-shots/

Kinda looks like BMW's "motard" or a super duke.

Ducks
Oct 11, 2005

Coming to a pond near you

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Finally some effective air vents.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Judging by the thickness of her arms, her neck would snap before 25mph.

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

Its probably a dude with tennis balls in the top.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

jdonz posted:

Its probably a dude with tennis balls in the top.

Is that custom or something I can buy?

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

renraku posted:

Is that custom or something I can buy?

No idea, I felt bad posting in the picture thread without a picture so I GIS'd crazy motorcycle helmets.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
The K1600 makes a mighty fine noise: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/videos/2011/June/jun1511-video-bmw-k1600gtl-speed-testing/

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
Do you want custom rearsets? Do you have a hinge from a screen door?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

frozenphil posted:

*stands up on pegs*

*dies*

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

frozenphil posted:

Your chain looks a smidge loose.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
Superbike wipeout pileup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7UazROjdJI

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:
In every basement and garage in America, underneath fondue sets and milk crates full of Roger Whittaker LPs, there is a UJM. If you're a regular CL surfer, you could reasonably conclude that they represent half of used bike sales. Yet it's rare that I actually see one riding down the road. Rarer still when one shows up at work. They're so conspicuously elemental. They immediately stand out when parked in a row of plastic and chrome penile supplements. So here's to you Mr. Kawasaki of indeterminate displacement, year and body code. You are universal. You are Japanese. You are a motorcycle.

Also: I seem to have found another member of the Backward Saddlebag Society.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

frozenphil posted:

Related:

Can't get a new peg and need to ride? Improvise!

Ducks
Oct 11, 2005

Coming to a pond near you
Tron bike: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ86A1O9OcM

Pagan
Jun 4, 2003

It's a cool looking bike, and I certainly approve of boobs on youtube... But the turning radius and ergonomics look horrible. I bet a full on race bike is more comfortable in the long run than that thing.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Pagan posted:

It's a cool looking bike, and I certainly approve of boobs on youtube... But the turning radius and ergonomics look horrible. I bet a full on race bike is more comfortable in the long run than that thing.

I don't think the wheels are as robust as he seems to think they are, judging from how they visibly flatten out at the bottom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

Pagan posted:

Probably, but he didn't really design the ergonomics of the machine itself. If he changed anything to be more comfortable it wouldn't have been authentic.

I wonder if some rich dude is gonna buy it and ride it. It'll probably wind up as a display which is fine too.