Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

He's already started using it. Unfortunately, he's used to his Rubbermaid tub litterbox and peed right over the side of the Littermaid. I'm using potty training pads for damage control, but how can I encourage him to pee properly? and by that I mean squat like a girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.

Serella posted:

He's already started using it. Unfortunately, he's used to his Rubbermaid tub litterbox and peed right over the side of the Littermaid. I'm using potty training pads for damage control, but how can I encourage him to pee properly? and by that I mean squat like a girl

Put an improvised lid on it? It's the only way I can get sully to pee in the box. He has a fat rear end though

sleepness
Feb 9, 2006

Hey guys. My fiancee noticed something on our kitty's paw today (link to web album because the pics had to be large to get the detail):

https://picasaweb.google.com/111339209389211537429/Kitty?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCLGjy_SS1qD65wE&feat=directlink

We were going to leave for out of town for a few days, but have no idea what this is and are worried about leaving without going to the vet if it could get worse. I thought it might be something stuck in her paw but it doesn't come out with some light tugging, and the cat seems to be sensitive when you pull it on a bit rough. It doesnt seem like its dried blood to me, but I may be wrong. Has anyone seen this before?

sleepness fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jul 13, 2011

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Corridor posted:

Okay, so I've been toying with the idea of getting a kitten. I already have one adult female cat (Uzumaki). I used to have two, but the adult boy (Bear) sneaked out on the second day I moved here, and hasn't been seen since despite reward offered. :( He was a bit Special and did not really bond with the girl, but since coming to this new area I've turned her into an inside cat, and this combined with the lack of any other kitty has turned her very neurotic and clingy. It's sorta cute, but compared to how laid-back and 'gently caress you I am too cool for petting' she used to be it's mostly sad.

I haven't wanted to get a second cat in case Bear is found, but it's been two months and I don't even know if he's alive. I guess if I get a kitten and he comes back I'll just have to suck it up and have three cats. Ugh, three litter boxes to deal with... :gonk:

I'd like to rescue an adult cat, but Uzi is very skittish of other animals and people. On the other hand, she loves to play mother. She used to have a toy kitten that was her dolly, she would lick its fur down and clean its eyes and ears and across its bottom. She's spayed so this is probably the only chance she'd have to be a mama for real. I'm hoping she'd be less threatened and might bond quickly with a baby, minimising stress for both of them.

Is this a common thing for female cats to do? The (female) family dog did it to every cat we owned when I was a kid, but the cats were mostly boys. Is there a specific gender she might respond better to?

Addendum to my own post: I visit the local pet store a fair bit and hang out with all the kittens and puppies (they're all rescues), and noticed that one ginger kitty has been there a while. He's an adolescent and goddammit he's loving adorable. Just chills out in his little pen and always saunters over to the bars to sniff my fingers.
I want to get him. :( I have no idea if this will screw up my plans to get a 'baby' for my girl kitty. He's not fullgrown but he's not a kitten. Plus in my experience gingers are kind of dicks. Full of personality, but that personality is generally that of a dick.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

sleepness posted:

Hey guys. My fiancee noticed something on our kitty's paw today (link to web album because the pics had to be large to get the detail):

https://picasaweb.google.com/111339209389211537429/Kitty?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCLGjy_SS1qD65wE&feat=directlink

We were going to leave for out of town for a few days, but have no idea what this is and are worried about leaving without going to the vet if it could get worse. I thought it might be something stuck in her paw but it doesn't come out with some light tugging, and the cat seems to be sensitive when you pull it on a bit rough. It doesnt seem like its dried blood to me, but I may be wrong. Has anyone seen this before?

It looks to me like something's up with her claw. Maybe it was shedding but got pulled a bit too early? Do you clip her claws regularly-- is it possible one of you got the quick and didn't notice?

derp I thought you said it DID seem like dried blood. Well, try to wash it off anyway and see what you get.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Looks like I won't be able to get the pound cat from the previous page after all. The pound just called to inform us that he has AIDS. Since we have another cat we decided it probably isn't a good idea to expose him. And the currently infected cat just seems like so much of a risk to take on regardless.

I am so sad.

marshmallard
Apr 15, 2005

This post is about me.

The Dregs posted:

Looks like I won't be able to get the pound cat from the previous page after all. The pound just called to inform us that he has AIDS. Since we have another cat we decided it probably isn't a good idea to expose him. And the currently infected cat just seems like so much of a risk to take on regardless.

I am so sad.

That's a rubbish reason not to get a cat. My Grumples has cat AIDS and you wouldn't know it at all, he's bouncy and fun and normal.

Why don't you just vaccinate the current cat?

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I don't know a lot about it actually. It is what the vet there recommended. She said that it was impossible to know how long he has had the disease and he'd eventually likely start contracting lots of diseases and vet bills. She also said that there are a lot of HIV strains and that vaccinating a current cat was a crap shoot.

We're still going to get a rescue cat, but he seems like a big risk. Is the vet there full of poo poo?

I just read up on it a little. Apparently there are five strains of the virus and the vaccine covers two. It does not cover the strain most common in my area, the Eastern US. Also, if I do get my cat vaccinated he will always test positive for the virus, so if he does catch it from the new cat i won't be able to test for it.

Please tell me I am wrong about this!

The Dregs fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jul 14, 2011

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

marshmallard posted:

That's a rubbish reason not to get a cat. My Grumples has cat AIDS and you wouldn't know it at all, he's bouncy and fun and normal.

Why don't you just vaccinate the current cat?
Rubbish nothin'; I can understand. Can you guarantee that vaccination will protect the existing cat from infection? It's reasonable to say that adopting the cat would irresponsible in terms of looking after the health of your existing cat.

My brother's got it the other way 'round; he has an AIDS cat already, and might be adopting another cat. I don't yet know if it's another AIDS cat, or what kind of shelter he's adopting from, and it's a whole 'nother ethical dilemma.

Vital Signs
Oct 17, 2007

Vital Signs posted:

So, my two kittens are doing fairly well and gaining weight. They seem very playful and active, and are very affectionate. We are still having some problems with the male cat nursing on the girl cat, as well as the female cat nursing herself sometimes. We are trying to correct this behavior, and incidents seem to be going down with it. Our main issue is that recently one of them appears to be throwing up every other day. We suspect the male, as one of the times we came home to him eating the puke... and last night my fiance woke up to him throwing up as well. The puke is all food, so we are not sure why he is doing this. He does eat very fast when we feed wet food, but these incidents happen hours after being fed. They are on Wellness for both dry and we food. I've been told by a few friends he could just have a sensitive tummy and doesn't like the food we are feeding him, or he could have a hairball. I thought I'd ask the threads advice so hopefully we can correct it. Poor little guy.

Here he is, lookin awesome.

Just letting everyone know that we have not found puke in quite a few days. We got some sort of medicine to help with upset tummy's. I'm pretty sure someone just had a giant hairball though. The nursing issue is still happening, and we are working to correct it. Hopefully it's something they outgrow.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Vital Signs posted:

Just letting everyone know that we have not found puke in quite a few days. We got some sort of medicine to help with upset tummy's. I'm pretty sure someone just had a giant hairball though. The nursing issue is still happening, and we are working to correct it. Hopefully it's something they outgrow.
If you don't like the nursing thing, you could just bitter apple spray them nip nips.

Vital Signs
Oct 17, 2007

duckfarts posted:

If you don't like the nursing thing, you could just bitter apple spray them nip nips.
Is that safe to actually put on a cat? I know it's not toxic, but I wasn't sure if I could use that type of stray directly on them. It's not that it's a huge "OMG DONT DO THAT" thing, it's more of not wanting her to get an infection of some sort through unnecessary nursing. I understand her brother doing it, but when I noticed she does it to herself I was really thrown for a loop.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Vital Signs posted:

Is that safe to actually put on a cat? I know it's not toxic, but I wasn't sure if I could use that type of stray directly on them. It's not that it's a huge "OMG DONT DO THAT" thing, it's more of not wanting her to get an infection of some sort through unnecessary nursing. I understand her brother doing it, but when I noticed she does it to herself I was really thrown for a loop.

It'd be pretty annoying for her to be washing herself and then get a mouthful of ICK. Just let them nurse on each other. Better that than on your head.

marshmallard
Apr 15, 2005

This post is about me.

The Dregs posted:

I just read up on it a little. Apparently there are five strains of the virus and the vaccine covers two. It does not cover the strain most common in my area, the Eastern US. Also, if I do get my cat vaccinated he will always test positive for the virus, so if he does catch it from the new cat i won't be able to test for it.

Please tell me I am wrong about this!

Ah, this I didn't know. Sorry dude.

Is your current cat indoor or outdoor? Has he been tested for AIDS? A lot of outdoor cats already have it...

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
He's never been outside for more than 2 minutes.

marshmallard
Apr 15, 2005

This post is about me.

The Dregs posted:

He's never been outside for more than 2 minutes.

Ah. Well then it doesn't look like a good idea for your current cat. Sorry, dude :/

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Dear goons; one of our cats have in the past weeks been bleeding and we've assumed cats bleed during their period or something. This started just after we got a second kitten, six weeks old, to which the older - now almost two years old cat - did not take to at first, but now after about four weeks they are buddies. There's the occasional fighting, but I don't that is causing it.

There are small blotches of blood here and there, not too often found as the cat can be found licking her crotch ever so often. I've noticed she is bleeding from somewhere in her crotch area, but I've not inspected which part of her genitals is the suspect.

What can be done? Is this normal?

Cassiope
Jul 7, 2010

Man, the living creature, the creating individual, is always more important than any established style or system.
Except for cats.

ilifin posted:

Dear goons; one of our cats have in the past weeks been bleeding and we've assumed cats bleed during their period or something. This started just after we got a second kitten, six weeks old, to which the older - now almost two years old cat - did not take to at first, but now after about four weeks they are buddies. There's the occasional fighting, but I don't that is causing it.

There are small blotches of blood here and there, not too often found as the cat can be found licking her crotch ever so often. I've noticed she is bleeding from somewhere in her crotch area, but I've not inspected which part of her genitals is the suspect.

I know nothing about cat periods, but if you've had her for two years and this is the first time she's bleeding then it probably isn't normal. Also, is she not spayed then?

Take her to the vet, or at least call the vet. It could be serious because if there is blood in the urine it might be a UTI which is very painful and can be fatal.

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.

ilifin posted:

That is not normal take her to a vet immediately. Cats don't have periods like women have periods.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

My 8 month old keeps making these wierd chattery sounds at me whenever i play my guitar (including unplugged). I've only ever seen her do it when theres a bird outside and she's getting frusturated at the window. I can't help thinking she's telling me "That shits annoying", but its not really her generic pissed off sound either.

Do cats have other meanings in cat-language for chattering other than "Cant get that loving bird outside fffuuuuuu..."?

I thought it could have been her going "Hey I can make that sound too, lets chatter together" but uh, when I try and immitate her chatter sound back to me she just gives me this "Dude, what are you doing wierdo" kind of look.

e: Woah, harmonics really get the response fired up. Maybe she's telling me the sound hurts her ears? But then why doesn't she just leave the room? Wierd loving animal.

duck monster fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jul 15, 2011

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

duck monster posted:

My 8 month old keeps making these wierd chattery sounds at me whenever i play my guitar (including unplugged). I've only ever seen her do it when theres a bird outside and she's getting frusturated at the window. I can't help thinking she's telling me "That shits annoying", but its not really her generic pissed off sound either.

Do cats have other meanings in cat-language for chattering other than "Cant get that loving bird outside fffuuuuuu..."?

I thought it could have been her going "Hey I can make that sound too, lets chatter together" but uh, when I try and immitate her chatter sound back to me she just gives me this "Dude, what are you doing wierdo" kind of look.

e: Woah, harmonics really get the response fired up. Maybe she's telling me the sound hurts her ears? But then why doesn't she just leave the room? Wierd loving animal.
I don't believe you. Show me video.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Are there any pet gates that will block cats? If not, are there any temporary type doors I can install to stop cats from going in a room that won't look super trashy?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Alterian posted:

Are there any pet gates that will block cats? If not, are there any temporary type doors I can install to stop cats from going in a room that won't look super trashy?

A door :downsrim:

I know they'll just hurdle a baby gate.

Aculard
Oct 15, 2007

by Ozmaugh
My roommates cats are being insufferable.

Both of them were abandoned as kittens, and now eat as much as they possibly can. I have watched them eat until they puke, eat more out of the bowl, then puke again. They repeat this until the food bowl is empty, then immediately try to scrounge for any other kinds of scraps...including any puke I missed cleaning up. The roommates and I have started putting their food away and doing timed feeding, but this morning the cats decided this wasn't good enough and found a way to open the closet door and try to eat my cat's food. If I even leave anything remotely edible out anywhere, they'll try to sneak in and steal it (even right off my plate on the counter).

I know I have to relocate the food bowl/bags now, and am just ranting, but gently caress these cats never ending conquest to devour and puke everything.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Aculard posted:

My roommates cats are being insufferable.

Both of them were abandoned as kittens, and now eat as much as they possibly can. I have watched them eat until they puke, eat more out of the bowl, then puke again. They repeat this until the food bowl is empty, then immediately try to scrounge for any other kinds of scraps...including any puke I missed cleaning up. The roommates and I have started putting their food away and doing timed feeding, but this morning the cats decided this wasn't good enough and found a way to open the closet door and try to eat my cat's food. If I even leave anything remotely edible out anywhere, they'll try to sneak in and steal it (even right off my plate on the counter).

I know I have to relocate the food bowl/bags now, and am just ranting, but gently caress these cats never ending conquest to devour and puke everything.
I've had limited success with one of my cats, where I normally put out a half cup per half day for them, and if the bowl is empty come filling time, I only put a bit in at first, then put more in after maybe an hour. The idea is that the cats will eat, but not too much, and by the time I add more, they're not too hungry.

(though I should note, limited success)

Edit:

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

A door :downsrim:

I know they'll just hurdle a baby gate.
What this guy said. Cats are clever and can manage to open many types of cabinets and baby locks, they jump over gates, and for every other opening, they just slide through since they have no bones. The only solution is a real door(provided it doesn't have a swing handle they can jump and grab, which they will do.

duckfarts fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Jul 15, 2011

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

The doorway is in a really awkward place. It would require a lot of work to install a door since its wider than a normal door and its right at the bottom of the stairs. I think I might look into a folding door to install. At least I could take it down when we're ready to sell the house and move somewhere else.

Lipumira
May 6, 2007

FIRE!
So I brought my 2 new furry friends home on Wednesday and things seem to be going well. When i am at work, and at night, they live in the bathroom where they seem to be fine - happy to see me when I come back and let them out but no crying, etc when I put them in and no complaining while they are locked in.

When I let them out, of course it's kitty play time. Gotta love the 2 speeds of cats - right now I pretty much only see them "on" since I imagine that they shut off during the day when I am not here.

Part of the kitten olympics involves wrestling and I just wanted to check my assumption here. I am not worried too much about it since I can hear/feel them purring and they seem to love attacking each other almost equally, but I am seeing some ears back when they are playing. Very rarely does one of them make a noise and when they do, the other generally lets them go.

So, is there something I should be looking for that might indicate that I should be separating them? I am thinking there is probably a line somewhere and I want to make sure that I am watching for it.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Lipumira posted:

So I brought my 2 new furry friends home on Wednesday and things seem to be going well. When i am at work, and at night, they live in the bathroom where they seem to be fine - happy to see me when I come back and let them out but no crying, etc when I put them in and no complaining while they are locked in.

When I let them out, of course it's kitty play time. Gotta love the 2 speeds of cats - right now I pretty much only see them "on" since I imagine that they shut off during the day when I am not here.

Part of the kitten olympics involves wrestling and I just wanted to check my assumption here. I am not worried too much about it since I can hear/feel them purring and they seem to love attacking each other almost equally, but I am seeing some ears back when they are playing. Very rarely does one of them make a noise and when they do, the other generally lets them go.

So, is there something I should be looking for that might indicate that I should be separating them? I am thinking there is probably a line somewhere and I want to make sure that I am watching for it.
1. I'm jealous that they are cool about being put back and don't gove you sass.
2. Look for blood and unusually loud yelps; your guys are probably fine.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009

Lipumira posted:

They'll pull their ears back and flatten them to protect them, not necessarily to show aggression.

My two aren't litter mates, they're 2 1/2 and 3 years old and they play fight daily. Stalk, chase, attack... sometimes one will even hop at the other then crouch and wait to be pounced on. There is some vocalization that goes on, mostly of the "RAWR! I'm gonna get you!" variety so I wouldn't worry about your two.

As for when to separate them, generally when there's blood. Or you see large tufts of fur sticking out from between one of their paws. Otherwise you'll know when they're actually being aggressive and fighting, it's a very different body language and really quite loud.

Some unasked for advice, since they're young and all, try and keep them from playing in your bedroom. I was woken up over and over again last night to my two playing on the bed, losing toys in the closet, racing around the house and then vying for king of the cat bed -- I love them but I really wish they'd keep off my bed sometimes.

Vital Signs
Oct 17, 2007
What's everyones experience with butts being raw? There poop is normal and there is no sign of blood, yet they seem to have pretty irritated poopers.

Lipumira
May 6, 2007

FIRE!

Esmerelda posted:

They'll pull their ears back and flatten them to protect them, not necessarily to show aggression.

My two aren't litter mates, they're 2 1/2 and 3 years old and they play fight daily. Stalk, chase, attack... sometimes one will even hop at the other then crouch and wait to be pounced on. There is some vocalization that goes on, mostly of the "RAWR! I'm gonna get you!" variety so I wouldn't worry about your two.

As for when to separate them, generally when there's blood. Or you see large tufts of fur sticking out from between one of their paws. Otherwise you'll know when they're actually being aggressive and fighting, it's a very different body language and really quite loud.

Some unasked for advice, since they're young and all, try and keep them from playing in your bedroom. I was woken up over and over again last night to my two playing on the bed, losing toys in the closet, racing around the house and then vying for king of the cat bed -- I love them but I really wish they'd keep off my bed sometimes.

Thanks!

duckfarts, yeah, they are sweet little tweakers and I know that (so far)I've been lucky. They have been in foster care since before they were actually eating food and I have a feeling that they aren't as freaked out about being in a small space like that as they might be.

There's nothing overly aggressive about their play, so it's good to know that my initial instincts were good.

Great call on not having bedroom be play room! I have a back room that is set up for them so I'm hoping to corral them there a bit. It's got much more room to run around in, although it doesn't have all the cool things like BEDS WOW!

They crack me up. I will have to remember that when they wake me up at 3 am.

thanks for the feedback, both of you!

RoughDraft2.0
Mar 8, 2007

We really like your car, Mrs. LaRusso.
Anyone have any experience with kitty inflammatory bowel disease? This is the (vet-suspected) cause of my male Himalayan's twice-daily poops outside of the litter box--usually runny, occasionally with a dash of mucus or blood.

It seems partly behavioral: I imagine he had a painful BM at some point and associated it with the litter box. Or not: he *does* go #2 in there sometimes, but saves the stinkiest messes for the tile floor.

I've tried everything: Hill's z/d diet, all different kinds of litter, multiple boxes. He had a two-month stretch where he was fine, but it's recently started up again. I've read the dry food diets aren't good for cats sick or not, and am wondering if that's hurting more than helping. I'm reaching rope's end.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

So after getting a new apartment I finally stopped by the local humane society and after spending several torturous hours trying to make a decision this guy came home with me. A 5 year old named Buttercup who apparently shed too much.

Here he is being a bit more regal on his own.

He's still checking his new home out so it's a bit difficult to get a still shot of him, he comes over for affection almost as soon as I have a camera out and it hard to resist.

It's easier to see him in action.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J1LIa4AJvE

So I basically wound up taking a part himalayan home because he was too friendly to resist. Fortunately he sits still long enough to be brushed.

Steezo fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jul 16, 2011

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Question about my kitten Raz. Well, he's almost a year plus now, so a large kitten. Lately he's been waiting me to scratch, and kinda hard, on the base of his tail/butt area, and he makes the 'i see a bird come here bird' sound mixed with some meows that sound like he's in pain. I stop, and he'll wait for more; when he's done he walks off and thrashes his tail around.

So what is all this about?

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Cowslips Warren posted:

Question about my kitten Raz. Well, he's almost a year plus now, so a large kitten. Lately he's been waiting me to scratch, and kinda hard, on the base of his tail/butt area, and he makes the 'i see a bird come here bird' sound mixed with some meows that sound like he's in pain. I stop, and he'll wait for more; when he's done he walks off and thrashes his tail around.

So what is all this about?
Cats are weird.

Next question!

Aculard
Oct 15, 2007

by Ozmaugh
Welp, the roommates cats ran into my room immediately after they gobbled down their food and attacked my cat so they could get into his food. Well, the female cat did. Ears back, weird hissing, tried to scratch and bite at his face to scare him off. I managed to chase them out long enough to close the door and give my cat some time to eat in peace. Immediately after I opened the door again, she came rushing in to attack my cat again even though the food was put away.

loving cats. :sigh: It's a good thing mine is such a pansy and just runs instead of fighting back. Plus, I'm only here for another month and a half, so after that I'll only have to worry about my fatty cat scrounging for food.

fakeedit- and they seemed to have knocked down poo poo off the kitchen counter and licked the dirty forks ????

DJ Sizzle
Jul 24, 2002

ASK ME ABOUT BEING OLD
Fun Shoe
Buttercup is gorgeous. Awesome!~

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

DJ Sizzle posted:

Buttercup is gorgeous. Awesome!~

I've got a problem, he turned into a tribble.

He even made the cooing noise when I woke him up from that position.

He started acclimatizing now, he's snoozing on the couch instead of the bathtub like he did last night. Now I'm just worried about getting him off of science diet and into something with a bit less corn in it. My sister had a bit of a nightmare with one of hers who made the most horrible poop when he was adjusting.

Steezo fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jul 16, 2011

Phishi
May 13, 2006
The long and winding road....
Steezo, your cat is freaking adorable! Also, good on you for adopting an adult! Sooo much easier to handle. Mine are jerks enough at 2, I don't know what I would have done with them as kittens!

Also, for the food adjusting poops, you're just about as likely to have no issues as to have messes so I wouldn't fret too much. Just make it super gradual and you'll be even less likely to have extra stinky litterboxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pandaid
Feb 9, 2004

RAWR
My friend got a 3 month old kitten about 5 days ago. The kitten was snipped/shots/dewormed/ etc. He had a cat cold but right now doesn't have any symptoms, maybe a little bit of eye goup but not a lot. He's been acting legathric for about 2 days now, with a spurt of energy this morning. He last ate this morning, but right now he's not interested in food. It's so weird to see a kitten just not wanting to play. We're keeping eye on him, as he doesn't seem to be in the 'danger zone' - just feeling crappy. Is there anything we can do for the kitten right now? Are we wrong to think this is a wait and see situation? I tried some nutracal to see if he'd perk up but only got a tiny bit into him.